does anyone believe BILL CLINTON actually did this?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: does anyone believe BILL CLINTON actually did this?

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to enuffisenuff's comment:

[QUOTE]

[]

The leader of the free world had an intern under his desk and my side is still trying to defend that?

Nobody is defending adultery

It just wasn't a matter for congressional investigation. It was a matter for Hillary to decide whether to divorce.

[]

That is you opinion.  My feeeling is it was a matter for congressional investigation and he should not only have been impeached but removed from office.  Any CEO, manager, teacher, or other position of authority would have.

Today Clinton is a Democrat hero. To me he is a disgrace. 

[/QUOTE]

Removed because of adultery or removed because of lying to congress?

I'm not sure I've ever heard of a CEO, manager, teacher, or person in position of authority being fired for cheating on a spouse.

[/QUOTE]

Here's a couple of examples

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/10/us-lockheed-kubasik-idUSBRE8A81JA20121110

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2148985/Stryker-CEO-Stephen-MacMillan-fired-dating-companys-corporate-jet-flight-attendant-despite-given-permission-board.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to twelve_angry_men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

It is baffling to me that after almost twenty years Democrats still cannot come to grips with the fact that Bill Clinton is a sexual predator and we should be appalled and embarassed at his behavior and his wife`s enabling ignorance.

I am a Democrat that voted for him as I had just become eligible.  Lewinsky was barely older than me at the time.  Any other person on earth would have been fired immediately.  Then we find that Clinton had a long history of abuse towards women including a possible rape.

The leader of the free world had an intern under his desk and my side is still trying to defend that?  Still trying to blame the investigation?

It is difficult to vote D 

[/QUOTE]

You didn't know that messing around with interns behind spouses back was part of the job description? All I know is if it was a Repub that got caught messing around the Dems would never have said.."What's the big deal? It's only a BJ". Nope...they would have lit him up just like the Repubs did to Clinton. Anyone who denies that is lying. 

[/QUOTE]

Heh, heh, heh ... got that crystal ball working again.

Hey, what are the lotto numbers for tomorrow, I need some extra cash.

The guy who cries about libruls generalizing about wingnuts has no problem stating what all the libruls would do in a particular situation.

Freakin HYPOCRITE!!!!

[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHA....because you're such the defender of Repubs....BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

All I know is if it was a Repub that got caught messing around the Dems would never have said.."What's the big deal? It's only a BJ". Nope...they would have lit him up just like the Repubs did to Clinton. Anyone who denies that is lying. 

How can anyone lie about a hypothetical that hasn't happened?

Why don't we wait and see whether Ds try to impeach an R for cheatnig on his wife?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from enuffisenuff. Show enuffisenuff's posts

[QUOTE]

[]

The leader of the free world had an intern under his desk and my side is still trying to defend that?

It just wasn't a matter for congressional investigation. It was a matter for Hillary to decide whether to divorce.

[]

That is you opinion.  My feeeling is it was a matter for congressional investigation and he should not only have been impeached but removed from office.  Any CEO, manager, teacher, or other position of authority would have.

I'm not sure I've ever heard of a CEO, manager, teacher, or person in position of authority being fired for cheating on a spouse.

[/QUOTE]

With a subordinate?   A young, impressionable, intern?  The President? A twenty one year old girl? 

Seriously?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

Is adultery a crime now?

Who knew....

[/QUOTE]

Yes, in 23 states. MA being one of them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All I know is if it was a Repub that got caught messing around the Dems would never have said.."What's the big deal? It's only a BJ". Nope...they would have lit him up just like the Repubs did to Clinton. Anyone who denies that is lying. 

[/QUOTE]

How can anyone lie about a hypothetical that hasn't happened?

Why don't we wait and see whether Ds try to impeach an R for cheatnig on his wife?

[/QUOTE]

Oh please. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[]

[]

[/QUOTE]

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/11/10/us-lockheed-kubasik-idUSBRE8A81JA20121110

The investigation ended on Friday when the board asked for, and received, Kubasik's resignation. He admitted to having "a close personal relationship with a subordinate employee" that violated the company's code of ethics and business conduct.

As far as I know there is nothing in the constitution about the President shall not commit adultery; you may think it should be an impeachable offense....I'm not convinced.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2148985/Stryker-CEO-Stephen-MacMillan-fired-dating-companys-corporate-jet-flight-attendant-despite-given-permission-board.html

Ok, I am now aware of one CEO who was fired despite not breaching any code of conduct. Still not convinced Clinton should have been fired for the adultery.

[/QUOTE]

And I guess JFK just plain lucked out...  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[]

[]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The investigation ended on Friday when the board asked for, and received, Kubasik's resignation. He admitted to having "a close personal relationship with a subordinate employee" that violated the company's code of ethics and business conduct.

As far as I know there is nothing in the constitution about the President shall not commit adultery; you may think it should be an impeachable offense....

Actually I don't think it's an impeachable offense. So there's that. Well hey...as long as it's not actually written in the code of ethics then it's ok to prey on an intern on the companies dime. 

Ok, I am now aware of one CEO who was fired despite not breaching any code of conduct. Still not convinced Clinton should have been fired for the adultery.

He wouldn't have been fired for adultery....it would have been for perjury.

[/QUOTE]

And I guess JFK just plain lucked out...  

When did media and American people find out about his affairs? During office or long after?

[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is adultery a crime now?

Who knew....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Good thing this didn't happen in one of those states.

[/QUOTE]

Rarely prosecuted anyway. I would have thought you'd have known all this given how you know everything...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Again (again): I am not saying it is "OK" to commit adultery, just that it does not fit the constitutional standard for impeachment and I do not see it as a reason for congressional investigation.

That's completely separate from the issue of whether lying to congress should result in impeachment and removal.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

Again (again): I am not saying it is "OK" to commit adultery, just that it does not fit the constitutional standard for impeachment and I do not see it as a reason for congressional investigation.

That's completely separate from the issue of whether lying to congress should result in impeachment and removal.

[/QUOTE]

Duly noted.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

Adultery was not the standard, lying under oath was.  The left keeps chasing this fantasy.

Still, I get your point that it was a silly thing to pursue impeachment.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Yes, lying under oath was the standard. I think we all understand that.

The last 10-20 posts sprung from my criticism of investigating the adultery in the first place. It was an investigation designed to do one of two things: (1) at worst, Clinton tells the truth, gets publicly embarassed, and we move on, (2) at best, Clinton lies to cover up the affair, and now you get to impeach him for lying to congress.

Criticizing the investigation is not defending lying to congress. It is criticizing the investigation as a political stunt and no more.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Is adultery a crime now?

Who knew....

[/QUOTE]

Good thing this didn't happen in one of those states.

[/QUOTE]

Rarely prosecuted anyway. I would have thought you'd have known all this given how you know everything...

[/QUOTE]

Ya, I guess my "who knew" admission wasn't declaritive enough.

You get a gold star spanky for taking the time to look that up.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha...says the guy who looks everything up and provides links to try to prove people wrong all the time. Guessing you have a need to collect gold star eh?!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You may but not everyone does because I still hear people say he was impeached for a BJ. No, he was impeached for lying under oath. Big difference.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

The last 10-20 posts sprung from my criticism of investigating the adultery in the first place. It was an investigation designed to do one of two things: (1) at worst, Clinton tells the truth, gets publicly embarassed, and we move on, (2) at best, Clinton lies to cover up the affair, and now you get to impeach him for lying to congress.

Criticizing the investigation is not defending lying to congress. It is criticizing the investigation as a political stunt and no more.

[/QUOTE]

Lying under oath is not dependent on what the lying is about.  

I don't think the underlying investigation was a "political stunt".  The Clintons were crooks, not that it is an unusual thing in D.C. Getting caught lying on this is analagous to Capone being put away for tax evasion.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You may but not everyone does because I still hear people say he was impeached for a BJ. No, he was impeached for lying under oath. Big difference.

[/QUOTE]

The left will continue to refer  to the underlying act as the reason, rest assured.  The left does this on just about every issue: deflect.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Hey, did you see the picture of Bill over at Wellesley College looking for Hillary at her old stomping grounds?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

It's interesting to watch the defenders of this unrepentant sc*mbag wonder at executives being fired for "cheating on their wives."

Oh . . .   sure . . .  semantics are fun, but see . . .  they don't get fired for cheating on their wives . . .  they get fired for "not having sex with that woman." (depending -- of course -- on your understanding of the word "is.") I would be interested to hear more about all these companies where it's okay to bang the interns.

People . . .

Please.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

wonder at executives being fired for "cheating on their wives."

Companies generally have policies about CEOs sleeping with secretaries.

I continue to find it odd that if a CEO has an affair with someone outside of the company, that somehow becomes a fireable offense. It's a divorceable offense, sure. But fireable? I suppose, if it meant people would boycott the product.

Would you boycott a favored product if the CEO of the company committed adultery?

Is the CEO's marriage or failure in marriage any of your business, anyway?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to p-mike's comment:

[QUOTE]wonder at executives being fired for "cheating on their wives."[/QUOTE]

Companies generally have policies about CEOs sleeping with secretaries.

I continue to find it odd that if a CEO has an affair with someone outside of the company, that somehow becomes a fireable offense. It's a divorceable offense, sure. But fireable? I suppose, if it meant people would boycott the product.

Would you boycott a favored product if the CEO of the company committed adultery?

Is the CEO's marriage or failure in marriage any of your business, anyway?

[/QUOTE]

Apparently many companies feel differently. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Apparently, Barbara Bush disagrees (no I am not seriously using this as an argument)

Despite the fact that he defeated her husband in the 1992 presidential election, Barbara Bush loves Bill Clinton. She said in a C-SPAN interview that George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton have bonded over the years to form a bipartisan friendship.

“I love Bill Clinton. Maybe not his politics, but I love Bill Clinton,” she said in the interview. ”Bill’s father wasn’t around. And I think that he thinks of George a little bit like the father he didn’t have, and he’s very loving to him. And I really appreciate that.”

25. This post has been removed.