Does Obamacare mean the end of Fast Food Nation?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: Does Obamacare mean the end of Fast Food Nation?

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

Typical wingnut mantra. Education is bad. How does Skeeter20 arrive at the conclusion that educating consumers is forced education?

Another typical wingnut conclusion:

Regulating people = Good

Regulating corporations = Bad

Skeeter represents all conservatives now? You're as pathetic as 12-angry in regards to sweeping generalizations.

No, Skeets only represents the wingnuts. Not all conservatives are wingnuts. No generalization here. Sorry your reading into my statement something that is not there.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Now, now. Obama is to blame for everything. That is a central theme to the conservative playbook.

----------------------

After 4 years of blaming Bush, that is hilarious

So why do so many conservatives do it?  Hilarious for one, hilarious for the other.  Odd that you see only one side of this.  Odd indeed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Typical wingnut mantra. Education is bad. How does Skeeter20 arrive at the conclusion that educating consumers is forced education?

Regulating people = Good

Skeeter represents all conservatives now? You're as pathetic as 12-angry in regards to sweeping generalizations.

He is representative of too many conservatives.  How's that?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Regulating people = Good

No, Skeets only represents the wingnuts. Not all conservatives are wingnuts. No generalization here. Sorry your reading into my statement something that is not there.

Oh I see....he represents all "wingnuts" gotcha.....sigh...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Interestiing that you don't know the difference between a wingnut and a conservative. Your party is more astray then I thought.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Sales are down for McDs because of food and labor costs, global growth has slowed, their competitors are filching customers, and some markets are saturated.  Their breakfast revenue (1/3 of total) is being challenged by Dunkins, for one.

Also, witness the rise of tier II fast food places like Qdoba, Chipotle, Panera, etc.

Obama care has nothing to do with it.

Glad you agree.  now, start working on the idiot who started this post with that premise.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Sales are down for McDs because of food and labor costs, global growth has slowed, their competitors are filching customers, and some markets are saturated.  Their breakfast revenue (1/3 of total) is being challenged by Dunkins, for one.

Also, witness the rise of tier II fast food places like Qdoba, Chipotle, Panera, etc.

Obama care has nothing to do with it.

Now, now.  Obama is to blame for everything.  That is a central theme to the conservative playbook.  That is why the right thinks the left sees Obama as the Messiah: it is actually because they view him as Satan.

For once, you have been truthful.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to 12-Angry-Men's comment:

For all the whacko wingnut Obaba-bashers...how do you explain the fact that McD's two biggest competitors are increasing sales?

Is that Obama's fault too?

Or do you have some other ridiculous excuse?

For the second quarter ending July 1, 2012, the Company expects to report a same-store sales increase of approximately 3.0 percent for Wendy's North America Company-operated restaurants. This will be fifth consecutive quarter of positive same-store sales at Company-operated restaurants.

http://www.restaurantnewsresource.com/article64377Wendy______s_Reports_Positive_Preliminary______Second_Quarter_Same_Store_Sales.html

Burger King Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE: BKW) reported financial results for its third quarter ended September 30, 2012.
    -System-wide comparable sales increased 1.4% and system-wide sales increased 3.9% on a constant currency basis
    -Adjusted EBITDA increased 6% on an organic basis to $162.0 million                                     -Adjusted Diluted EPS increased 11% to $0.17

http://www.restaurantnewsresource.com/article67381Burger_King_Worldwide__Inc__Third_Quarter______System_wide_Comparable_Sales_Increased_____.html

HEY, PAL.  IT IS MSCRICKET MAKING THAT CLAIM, NOT ME, OR ANY OF MY WINGNUT BUDDIES.

Our claim, if you had the ability to listen and comprehend, is YOUR point.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Regulating people = Good

You are just stupid.  I said nothing of the sort.

You, on the other hand, seem to lean in the direction of everyone having to watch a video on the ills of a Big Mac before each purchase.

POSTIONG CALORIE COUNTS IS NOT EDUCATION.  IT IS INFORMATION.

Forcing people to pay attention to it is not education either, it is forced compliance.

And somehow you think I am in favor of regulating people?  How on earth do you draw that conclusion.

you are just looking stupid.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Regulating people = Good

You, on the other hand, seem to lean in the direction of everyone having to watch a video on the ills of a Big Mac before each purchase.

Forcing people to pay attention to it is not education either, it is forced compliance.

How is anyone forced to pay attention?

Receiving information is the very definition of being educated.

You are against informed consumers? Not suprising at all.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Regulating people = Good

Oh I see....he represents all "wingnuts" gotcha.....sigh...weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Actually, I DO represent all the conservatives.  Don't you remember we voted on this at the club?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Regulating people = Good

He is representative of too many conservatives.  How's that?

ALL OF THEM!!!  I REPRESENT ALL OF THEM!!!

I.....AM.....OBAMA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

McDonald's has suffered the first sales drop in 9 years. Although it is far to early to read anything into it one has to wonder about the timing.

McDonalds and other fast food chain restaurants are now required under the ACA to list the calorie count of their standard menu items. Although some chains already voluntarily provided this information the ACA requires that all chain restaurants post this information.

Could it be..that armed with accurate information about the foods they consume on the run, that consumers are starting to make better choices?

I have always felt that education is the way to go in these situations. Banning products, like Bloomberg's soda ban is simply the wrong way to go. Educate people and let them make informed choices about what they put in their bodies. When people see that egg mcmuffins pack a whopping 300 calories ( as opposed to a Dunkin wakeup wrap at 150) or that a soda packs 300 calories..or the burgers and chicken sandwiches anywhere from 300-600 calories..they no doubt think twice about the value of "fast food".

Do you really think people haven't been aware that McDonald's wasn't exactly good for them? Who doesn't know fried foods are unhealthy? Who doesn't know fried dough is unhealthy. Who doesn't know food/drink loaded with sugar is unhealthy? 

Keep in mind our economy still sucks. Could just be catching up to them in regards to sales.

True...and I don't eat at McDonalds primarily because I know what they put in that slop..but you'd be surprised at the number of people who order salads or snack wraps thinking they are ordering healthy choices.

BTW...I am not drawing a conclusion..much as Skeeter would like to think that...I am simpling positing a possible correlation(thus the use of a question mark...geesh).  Believing in science..I would never draw a conclusion based on one report. We will have to wait and see if there is a continued decline in sales..or a response by fast food chains to offer even more healthier choices ( you know..beyond apple slices).

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

McDonald's has suffered the first sales drop in 9 years. Although it is far to early to read anything into it one has to wonder about the timing.

McDonalds and other fast food chain restaurants are now required under the ACA to list the calorie count of their standard menu items. Although some chains already voluntarily provided this information the ACA requires that all chain restaurants post this information.

Could it be..that armed with accurate information about the foods they consume on the run, that consumers are starting to make better choices?

I have always felt that education is the way to go in these situations. Banning products, like Bloomberg's soda ban is simply the wrong way to go. Educate people and let them make informed choices about what they put in their bodies. When people see that egg mcmuffins pack a whopping 300 calories ( as opposed to a Dunkin wakeup wrap at 150) or that a soda packs 300 calories..or the burgers and chicken sandwiches anywhere from 300-600 calories..they no doubt think twice about the value of "fast food".

Do you really think people haven't been aware that McDonald's wasn't exactly good for them? Who doesn't know fried foods are unhealthy? Who doesn't know fried dough is unhealthy. Who doesn't know food/drink loaded with sugar is unhealthy? 

Keep in mind our economy still sucks. Could just be catching up to them in regards to sales.

True...and I don't eat at McDonalds primarily because I know what they put in that slop..but you'd be surprised at the number of people who order salads or snack wraps thinking they are ordering healthy choices.

BTW...I am not drawing a conclusion..much as Skeeter would like to think that...I am simpling positing a possible correlation(thus the use of a question mark...geesh).  Believing in science..I would never draw a conclusion based on one report. We will have to wait and see if there is a continued decline in sales..or a response by fast food chains to offer even more healthier choices ( you know..beyond apple slices).

I gladly accept your surrender on the issue.

BTW:  Based on the election ,and that question 2 didn't pass, I'm eating three meals a day at McDonalds until I keel over inthe parking lot, hopefully near a trashcan so they can just roll me in.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Regulating people = Good

What are you talking about?  You never challenge a post from Skeeter.  I took tour silence to be tacit approval.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Regulating people = Good

How is anyone forced to pay attention?

Receiving information is the very definition of being educated.

You are against informed consumers? Not suprising at all.

If they are not forced to pay attention, then why on earth force the company to do it?

Companies will do it on thier own if it helps them make money.

Consumers have plenty of information already.  I know it, you knowit, and the American people know it.  

Providing additional information is the first step.  The warning is the second step.  Forced compliance is the third step.  We have all three happening in different measure in our country already:  Soda bans, transfats bans.

This is the direction:  Frendly facism - the government is doing this for your own good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Yah, let's legislate what people can eat.
    Maybe we can outlaw them.

Here's the thing:  it isn't a function of government to tell people that they can only buy 16 ounce drinks, only eat one big mac a day.

Can you liberals get that through your head?

Why, WHY is the left so willing to tell other people what they can and cannot do?

Lol. Shut up, you bitter little turdlet of a "man".

She said this in her post, " Banning products, like Bloomberg's soda ban is simply the wrong way to go."

And you react as if she suggested banning products.

It's clear that Skeeter lacks reading comprehension skills and just wants attention. Lets face it...if we were to start saying that scientific evidence proves that it is impossible for reindeer to fly...Skeeter would point to the story of Rudolph to dispel that theory. It's all about keeping the conversation going. He/she doesn't actually have a fact based point to argue and my guess is skeeter is becoming more tiresome by the day to most on this board.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Yah, let's legislate what people can eat.
    Maybe we can outlaw them.

Here's the thing:  it isn't a function of government to tell people that they can only buy 16 ounce drinks, only eat one big mac a day.

Can you liberals get that through your head?

Why, WHY is the left so willing to tell other people what they can and cannot do?

Lol. Shut up, you bitter little turdlet of a "man".

She said this in her post, " Banning products, like Bloomberg's soda ban is simply the wrong way to go."

And you react as if she suggested banning products.

It's clear that Skeeter lacks reading comprehension skills and just wants attention. Lets face it...if we were to start saying that scientific evidence proves that it is impossible for reindeer to fly...Skeeter would point to the story of Rudolph to dispel that theory. It's all about keeping the conversation going. He/she doesn't actually have a fact based point to argue and my guess is skeeter is becoming more tiresome by the day to most on this board.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Regulating people = Good

What are you talking about?  You never challenge a post from Skeeter.  I took tour silence to be tacit approval.

I have to say that I've seen whichonespink stand up to skeeter's nonsensical comments dozens of times..and very effectively I might add.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

Regulating people = Good

I have to say that I've seen whichonespink stand up to skeeter's nonsensical comments dozens of times..and very effectively I might add.

Nonsensical?  Just becasue you disagree?

BTW:  Pink is no conservative.  we voted him out.

Sections
Shortcuts