Doug Priesse: Ohio Early Voting Process Should Not Accommodate Black Voters

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Doug Priesse: Ohio Early Voting Process Should Not Accommodate Black Voters

An Ohio GOP election official who voted against the weekend voting rules that enabled thousands to cast ballots in the 2008 election said Sunday that he did not think that the state's early voting procedures should accommodate African-Americans.

"I guess I really actually feel we shouldn’t contort the voting process to accommodate the urban -- read African-American -- voter-turnout machine," Doug Priesse said in an email to the Columbus DispatchSunday. "Let's be fair and reasonable."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/19/doug-priesse-ohio-early-voting-_n_1807434.html?1345406177&ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

Re: Doug Priesse: Ohio Early Voting Process Should Not Accommodate Black Voters

REPUBLICANS WILL USE EVERY DIRTY TRICK THEY CAN TO WIN!

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Doug Priesse: Ohio Early Voting Process Should Not Accommodate Black Voters

In Response to Re: Doug Priesse: Ohio Early Voting Process Should Not Accommodate Black Voters:
    [QUOTE]I also didn't realize only black people lived in urban areas...who knew...sigh
    Posted by WhichOnesPink2[/QUOTE]

The process by which black people came to live in urban areas is a fascinating read.  It is referred to as the Great Migration.  It took place for most of last century.  The south was not hospitable or provided opportunity, yet there was plenty of opportunity in the mid-west in particular as the industrial revolution gained hold.  Large numbers of African Americans migrated north to urban areas to take advantage of these opportunities.

As far as voting, consider this.  Black median income has risen for most of the recent past, only to have dropped in the vicinity of 10% under Obama. 

7. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts