Douglas Wilder (first black gov) and Obama supporter in 08; refuses to endorse Obama again!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Douglas Wilder (first black gov) and Obama supporter in 08; refuses to endorse Obama again!

Former Gov. L. Douglas Wilder, who backed Democrat Barack Obama for president in 2008, did not endorse Obama or Republican Mitt Romney in an opinion column released days before the election.

"I have campaigned for and supported the president in the past and many people now want to discuss his job performance with me," Wilder writes in a column for Reuters.

"They often note that Obama ran as a moderate — and that is the man they threw their support behind in 2008. But some look back and say that he has governed as a left-of-center liberal who did not keep the focus squarely on jobs and economic recovery.

"Is that group of independent-minded voters enough to swing Virginia's 13 electoral votes away from Obama on Tuesday? The race is so close, we will have to wait until November 6 for a definitive answer. But for a state Obama may need to win, that uncertainty after almost four years on the job cannot be a great comfort to his campaign operatives."

Wilder does not expressly back Romney, but he says the Republican has met the test to be president.

"The Republicans endured a bad nominating process. Yet in the end, they seem to have chosen a credible candidate that many Virginians tell me they would feel fairly comfortable with in the Oval Office.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Douglas Wilder (first black gov) and Obama supporter in 08; refuses to endorse Obama again!

In response to tvoter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Former Gov. L. Douglas Wilder, who backed Democrat Barack Obama for president in 2008, did not endorse Obama or Republican Mitt Romney in an opinion column released days before the election.

"I have campaigned for and supported the president in the past and many people now want to discuss his job performance with me," Wilder writes in a column for Reuters.

"They often note that Obama ran as a moderate — and that is the man they threw their support behind in 2008. But some look back and say that he has governed as a left-of-center liberal who did not keep the focus squarely on jobs and economic recovery.

"Is that group of independent-minded voters enough to swing Virginia's 13 electoral votes away from Obama on Tuesday? The race is so close, we will have to wait until November 6 for a definitive answer. But for a state Obama may need to win, that uncertainty after almost four years on the job cannot be a great comfort to his campaign operatives."

Wilder does not expressly back Romney, but he says the Republican has met the test to be president.

"The Republicans endured a bad nominating process. Yet in the end, they seem to have chosen a credible candidate that many Virginians tell me they would feel fairly comfortable with in the Oval Office.

[/QUOTE]

The unsaid speaks volumes.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Douglas Wilder (first black gov) and Obama supporter in 08; refuses to endorse Obama again!

true. but, only those with open minds can hear it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Lol - left of center.  Right.  his big liberal policy is obamacare, a program modeled after Romney's signature policy as Governor of Mass.

i thought he was going to say that Obama hadnt done enough for black people.

progressive are unhappy with Obama because he hasn't been regressive enough and the righties think he's a socialst.  Someone's point of view is totally out of whack.  I'm going to guess it's the people who think implementing a republican policy makes someone a liberal.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Lol - left of center.  Right.  his big liberal policy is obamacare, a program modeled after Romney's signature policy as Governor of Mass.

progressive are unhappy with Obama because he hasn't been regressive enough and the righties think he's a socialst.  Someone's point of view is totally out of whack.  I'm going to guess it's the people who think implementing a republican policy makes someone a liberal.

[/QUOTE]

RomneyCare was a state's right issue, and that's where it belongs.  Its really simple and allows people to choose state that they want to live in based on common beliefs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Romney didnt shove healthcare down their throats with backroom deals and waivers to cronies!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Well if he had supported him we all know it would have only been because he is black. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Well if he had supported him we all know it would have only been because he is black. 

[/QUOTE]

He is concerned with policy not skin color!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Oh of course.  Blacks who don't support Obama do so for policy reasons, while those that do support him do so because he is black.  I get it. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Romney didnt shove healthcare down their throats with backroom deals and waivers to cronies!!

[/QUOTE]

So now it's not the policy, but how it was negotiated.

Can't you make up your mind as to why you're against Obamacare and stick to it?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

[QUOTE]

Oh of course.  Blacks who don't support Obama do so for policy reasons, while those that do support him do so because he is black.  I get it. 

[/QUOTE]

Idiot, this guys states specific reasons other than skin color. If someone supports Obama but, doesnt know his policies or stance on issuese then it's likely due to some other reason like race.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Idiot, this guys states specific reasons other than skin color. If someone supports Obama but, doesnt know his policies or stance on issuese then it's likely due to some other reason like race.

[/QUOTE]

So if a persn votes for Obama without truly knowing his policies then it's because of race.  If a person votes against Obama without truly knowing his policies then they're a.... Republican.