Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack---Benghazi-gate returns

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack---Benghazi-gate returns

You should click on link to CNN's full story by Jake Tapper.  The new evidence is compelling and outrageous.   The only logical conclusion is that the Obama Administration made a fateful decison the night of the Benghazi attack and decided it was more important to keep the CIA gun running operation to Syria under wraps then it was to expose the CIA presence to protect the Consulate and the Ambassador.

http://thelead.blogs.cnn.com/2013/08/01/exclusive-dozens-of-cia-operatives-on-the-ground-during-benghazi-attack/?hpt=hp_c2

Exclusive: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack

CNN has uncovered exclusive new information about what is allegedly happening at the CIA, in the wake of the deadly Benghazi terror attack.

Four Americans, including Ambassador Christopher Stevens, were killed in the assault by armed militants last September 11 in eastern Libya.

Sources now tell CNN dozens of people working for the CIA were on the ground that night, and that the agency is going to great lengths to make sure whatever it was doing, remains a secret.

CNN has learned the CIA is involved in what one source calls an unprecedented attempt to keep the spy agency's Benghazi secrets from ever leaking out.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Re: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack---Benghazi-gate returns

It never left, unless you watch CNN, MSNBC and the other one sided media outlets as your only source. Almost 11 months and the stone walling continues. But this is not a scandal, their not hiding anything here. It's a non story.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack---Benghazi-gate returns

We already knew the CIA had a presense in Benghazi, this was alluded to during Issa's hearings and the questioning of Hillary Clinton, and the media covered their presense pretty extensively.  That the public has known about the CIA presense led some to the conspiracy theory, months ago, that the CIA was running some sort of weapons transfer to Syria.  I am not seeing any "breaking news" with this report.  I mean, who would figure the CIA would be in a foreign land doing things under a cloak of secrecy?  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Damain, I think that the news is that this administration is going to unprecedented lengths to keep whatever what going on at Bengazhi secret. That is news and not in dispute. The question now is: why?

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Damain, I think that the news is that this administration is going to unprecedented lengths to keep whatever what going on at Bengazhi secret. That is news and not in dispute. The question now is: why?

--

The CIA, per the article, is looking to keep its activities in Benghazi secret, that includes all of their activities and reason for being there.  Which itself is not unusal, given they are in the business of secrecy.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

[QUOTE]

--

The CIA, per the article, is looking to keep its activities in Benghazi secret, that includes all of their activities and reason for being there.  Which itself is not unusal, given they are in the business of secrecy.  

[/QUOTE]

As I said in my opening to this post.  The problem here is that I see a clandestine activity running guns to the opposition like Iran-Contra a normal course of CIA activity.  But that it appears that the administration made a decision to not unmask their presence and they stood down on a response/rescue and our Ambassador died.  That fateful decision has lead to an unprecedented cover-up.  When things go wrong the truth will come out.

The new evidence is compelling and outrageous.   The only logical conclusion is that the Obama Administration made a fateful decison the night of the Benghazi attack and decided it was more important to keep the CIA gun running operation to Syria under wraps then it was to expose the CIA presence to protect the Consulate and the Ambassador.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

We have members of Congress and reporters still getting to the truth on what happened that night, it's still an onging story. Who knew all they had to do was come to this BDC site, and fine out the debunkies here have the full story all figured out, and for a while now.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

--

[/QUOTE]

As I said in my opening to this post.  The problem here is that I see a clandestine activity running guns to the opposition like Iran-Contra a normal course of CIA activity.  But that it appears that the administration made a decision to not unmask their presence and they stood down on a response/rescue and our Ambassador died.  That fateful decision has lead to an unprecedented cover-up.  When things go wrong the truth will come out.

The new evidence is compelling and outrageous.   The only logical conclusion is that the Obama Administration made a fateful decison the night of the Benghazi attack and decided it was more important to keep the CIA gun running operation to Syria under wraps then it was to expose the CIA presence to protect the Consulate and the Ambassador.  

[/QUOTE]

That the only logical conclusion could be that the Obama admin let those pople die to protect the CIA is adsurd, becasue there is absolutely no evidence to support this claim.  Its only "logical" to those who have been chasing for a smoking gun.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

It was a video, right? Remember Obama tried peddling that lie for two weeks, he knew he was flat out lying to all of America. And we all believed him initially. I'll bet you he wishes that the story never went any further, and we all still believed the video story today. They had no interest in telling America the truth, and they still don't.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to newman09's comment:

It was a video, right? Obama tried peddling that lie for two weeks, he knew he was flat out lying to all of America. And we all believed him initially. I'll bet you he wishes that the story never went any further, and we all still believed the video story today. They had no interest in telling America the truth, and they still don't.

There were reports from sources on the ground that the attackers commented that they were doing it at that time because they had heard of the video. I guess we can forget about that.

Reporters on the ground? Are you telling me that White House got official information on what happened that night from reporters on the ground. They knew within a matter of hours what went on, and they stuck to the story of the video for weeks. That's what made it a scandal, once the video story was exposed as one big lie. They made it a scandal!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

I am not seeing any "breaking news" with this report.

-----------------------------------

Seems CNN does.  Have they joined the VRWC too???  Ahhhhhhhhhh...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to GregoryFromMeffa's comment:

CNN is hyping their own story, yeah I know, whodathunkit.  But the fact is, aside from the anonymous claims regarding the polygragh tests, none of this is new information.  There is almost no meat on this supposed juicy bone of breaking news.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

In response to GregoryFromMeffa's comment:

[QUOTE]

CNN is hyping their own story, yeah I know, whodathunkit.  But the fact is, aside from the anonymous claims regarding the polygragh tests, none of this is new information.  There is almost no meat on this supposed juicy bone of breaking news.  

[/QUOTE]

HuffPo too

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

That's what made it a scandal, once the video story was exposed as one big lie. They made it a scandal!!

Again, the conservative media helped.  Ergo, the definition of "scandal".

Birthers reborn as benghazi 'troofers'.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

Over here in reality, everything he`s touched from "Cambridge police acted stupidly" to "If you like your healthcare you can keep it" to "If I had a son he would look like Trayvon", has been a disaster.

Wow, that's quite a list.

And quite some hyperbole, too.

Do you wake up seething like this, or does it build up throughout the day...?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Never was a birther Matty! I understand your inability to separate, we are all just lumped together in your eyes. 

"The conservative media helped" Helped what? Were they present when this video lie was concocted? Our President lying to his country for weeks and in front of the UN, is what turned this into a scandal. Are you telling me the conservative media was not supossed to cover the President flat out lying to the American people? 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[QUOTE]

That's what made it a scandal, once the video story was exposed as one big lie. They made it a scandal!!

CNN is "conservative media"?   Huffington Post?

[/QUOTE]

At that time, it was covered widely.  But only the conservative media dug in their claws and declared the sky was falling over benghazi.

Let's not forget either the multiple tacks the romney campaign took during the election to try and wound the president.

This 'scandal' has never been all things to all people.  The rest of the media reported developments as they were learned.

But CNN itself reported months ago, "About 30 people were evacuated from Benghazi the morning after the deadly attack last September 11; more than 20 of them were CIA employees." Which means CNN's latest report actually lowers the ratio of CIA to State workers. ...

Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul speculated on CNN in May: "I’ve actually always suspected that, although I have no evidence, that maybe we were facilitating arms leaving Libya going through Turkey into Syria." Give Paul credit: he admits he has no evidence.

None of this is really groundbreaking.  The story has always been about the CIA, not Obama.  Y'all really need to stop taking this stuff personally....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

Over here in reality, everything he`s touched from "Cambridge police acted stupidly" to "If you like your healthcare you can keep it" to "If I had a son he would look like Trayvon", has been a disaster.

Wow, that's quite a list.

And quite some hyperbole, too.

Do you wake up seething like this, or does it build up throughout the day...?

'Seething"? 

Didn`t you just call fine Americans trying to get answers to the deaths of 4 people and the despicable (now proven) lies surrounding those deaths, "Troofers"?

And I`m "seething"?

Yah, that`s it.

[/QUOTE]

Yes.  When they use it to make personal attacks on POTUS, it's troofering.

The story here is about the CIA and what they were doing, not necessarily what the pres said about it.  Capisce?

CIA operatives and their ilk die all the time in hostile places, just like the thousands of soldiers in Iraq and Afghani and the hundreds of thousands of civilians therein.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Aha!  I was right.  CNN has joined the VRWC.  My God, only DailyKOS is fair and balanced!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

posted at 8/2/2013 12:16 PM EDT

--

The CIA, per the article, is looking to keep its activities in Benghazi secret, that includes all of their activities and reason for being there. Which itself is not unusal, given they are in the business of secrecy.

As I said in my opening to this post. The problem here is that I see a clandestine activity running guns to the opposition like Iran-Contra a normal course of CIA activity. But that it appears that the administration made a decision to not unmask their presence and they stood down on a response/rescue and our Ambassador died. That fateful decision has lead to an unprecedented cover-up. When things go wrong the truth will come out.

The new evidence is compelling and outrageous. The only logical conclusion is that the Obama Administration made a fateful decison the night of the Benghazi attack and decided it was more important to keep the CIA gun running operation to Syria under wraps then it was to expose the CIA presence to protect the Consulate and the Ambassador.

[QUOTE]

I think this is the crime of the century!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Yes.  When they use it to make personal attacks on POTUS, it's troofering.

The story here is about the CIA and what they were doing, not necessarily what the pres said about it. 

Of course it is and the POTUS in this admin is like col Klink "I know nutting"!!

what a joke you goats are

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

--

The CIA, per the article, is looking to keep its activities in Benghazi secret, that includes all of their activities and reason for being there. Which itself is not unusal, given they are in the business of secrecy.

As I said in my opening to this post. The problem here is that I see a clandestine activity running guns to the opposition like Iran-Contra a normal course of CIA activity. But that it appears that the administration made a decision to not unmask their presence and they stood down on a response/rescue and our Ambassador died. That fateful decision has lead to an unprecedented cover-up. When things go wrong the truth will come out.

The new evidence is compelling and outrageous. The only logical conclusion is that the Obama Administration made a fateful decison the night of the Benghazi attack and decided it was more important to keep the CIA gun running operation to Syria under wraps then it was to expose the CIA presence to protect the Consulate and the Ambassador.

[QUOTE]

Crime of the Century ...... how about that little old thing that dubya started in 2003 ?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to tvoter's comment:

--

[QUOTE]

Crime of the Century ...... how about that little old thing that dubya started in 2003 ?

" how about that little old thing that dubya started in 2003 ? "

Sis, do you mean that "little old thing" that was a co-authored resolution by Lott and Daschel (1 Dem and 1 Rep), debated for months in the House and the Senate, and then OVERWHELMINGLY voted for, with votes like this:

House    301-134

Senate    77-23

Is that the "little old thing" you mean?

[/QUOTE]

yeah bigdog that little old thing ..... I see that you suffer from selective amnesia when it comes to the lies that dubya told the country that lead us into war .

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

So now your angle is Obama let Stevens die to cover up the fact that he was sending arms to Libyan rebels. 

Don't worry that we're overtly and with congressional approval sending arms to Libyan rebels as we speak, and the news has garnered less attention than a George Zimmerman speeding ticket.

Don't worry that your theory suggests that Al Quaeda and Ansar Al-Sharia (the same militia that just helped topple Khaddaffi) for some reason wants Assad to remain in power.

Don't worry that one of the four Americans killed was part of a rescue mission, and was in Tripoli at the start of the attack.

Don't worry.  Just keep throwing it against the wall.  Someday, something will stick.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

bigdog ok  let's be honest ...... Benghazi was just one little skirmish in the War on Terror ..... I understand that 4 Americans were killed .... they were KIA ... Killed In Action during a minor firefight during the larger war which is against Terrorism across the world .... those 4 are no different that 4 Marines or 4 SEALs or 4 Soldiers getting killed on an patrol in Afghanistan ..... if there was CIA operatives on the ground .... keeping their ids hidden is probably more important in the long run because it might be saving the lives of thousands of human beings .. you know the greatest good for the greatest number , that is goal .... so why don't you grow up and let the professionals fight battles .... btw bigdog why did we have to attack Iraq again ?

Semper Fi