Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack---Benghazi-gate returns

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack---Benghazi-gate returns

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

An operation being clandestine does not automatically get the imprimatur of being legal and constitutional.  all these scandals have something on common: the Obama regime is not cooperating. they are saying they are, but the facts indicate that they are not. 

In this particular scanage the Obama regime is saying that the CIA agents are free to talk to congress, while repeatedly sending the message to these same agents that to do so would be at best career ending, at worst, criminal.  You don't polygraph agents every month otherwise.

If the operatives have nothing to hide then why are they worried about a polygraph?

How can telling the truth 'intimidate' anyone?

And then there's this from the OP article:

"The CIA has worked closely with its oversight committees to provide them with an extraordinary amount of information related to the attack on U.S. facilities in Benghazi," the statement said.

"CIA employees are always free to speak to Congress if they want," the statement continued. "The CIA enabled all officers involved in Benghazi the opportunity to meet with Congress. We are not aware of any CIA employee who has experienced retaliation, including any non-routine security procedures, or who has been prevented from sharing a concern with Congress about the Benghazi incident."

[/QUOTE]

Right. And that is why they are polygraping these same people monthly.  

So, say they can speak anytime, then proceed to intimidate the office to keep there mouths shut.

i guess you will believe everything you read.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Dozens of CIA operatives on the ground during Benghazi attack---Benghazi-gate returns

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

skeeter ..... are you still upset that John Brennan put his hand on the Constitution and not the Bible during his swearing in ceremony as Director of the CIA because he wanted to reaffirm his commitment to the Rule of Law .....

Keep fishing. The only thing you are demonstrating is you are a bigot.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

I have no problem with NSA, Prism, xkeystroke or other clandestine operations to keep us safe. In fact I'd like them to work so well that I don't have to take off my shoes and belt at airport check-in.

Manning and Snowden are traitors and they did aid the enemy, although I doubt it was their intent, so don't find them guilty for for aiding and abetting.  They are guilty of releasing government secrets and jeopardizing our ability to keep an upper hand on terrorists.

So you agree with clandestine operations but you disagree with PotUS trying to keep them.... you know... clandestine.

Yep, makes perfect sense.

[/QUOTE]

Nice try but apples and oranges.

The NSA information harvesting is intended to keep us safe and is more effective if the means and methods of this operation are kept secret.  Hence I believe Manning and Snowden are guilty of treason.

I support the current POTUS's use of the NSA systems started by Bush and enhanced by Obama. I'm very skeptical and troubled by what went on in Benghazi where our Ambassador was murdered.  We reportably had 25-30 agents nearby and except for a few it appears that by all accounts that they stood down to protect their operation; reportably a secret weapons operation for Syrian rebels.  The desire to keep this secret appears to have been the reason we lost our Libyan Ambassador.  We deserve answers.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

In response to GregoryFromMeffa's comment:

[QUOTE]

If this were a Fox story, all we'd here is that Fox restirring an empty pot. 

Ah, but its CNN, so now its just CNN hyping their own story.

Pretty much one and the same.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, and the list of liberal media joining the VRWC keeps getting longer!!!  What's left (ha ha) for real news, DailyKOS?

LMFAO

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

If this were a Fox story, all we'd here is that Fox restirring an empty pot. 

Ah, but its CNN, so now its just CNN hyping their own story.

Pretty much one and the same.

[/QUOTE]

Wow, and the list of liberal media joining the VRWC keeps getting longer!!!  What's left (ha ha) for real news, DailyKOS?

LMFAO

[/QUOTE]

I don't what your point is other than the fact that you've obviously had your head buried pretty deep or didn't bother to pay attention when the CIA operation was reported 9 months ago.

[/QUOTE]

I had 2 points that were apparently trapeze acts.

The first was that if this were a Fox story, libbie-wads would just blow it off as Fox being Fox.  But since its CNN, its just self promotion.

The second is that your saying Fox and CNN are now on the same side of the fence is absolutely hilarious.

Got it now?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

[QUOTE]The NSA information harvesting is intended to keep us safe and is more effective if the means and methods of this operation are kept secret.

The founders are gagging in their graves....   

Privacy and freedom over safety was one of the very most essential founding principles. The NSA has claimed for itself the right to conduct general searches without warrants of everything but a literal photograph of your bedroom closet.

[/QUOTE]

You are right on this.

the government does not have a right to collect any of this information lacking a warrant.  A warrant that covers the entire population is not a warrant, but a seizure of private information, upon which the government will run some algorithms, and get back to you if they find you are doing something illegal.

the 4th amendment is supposed to protect us for rom unreasonable searches and seizures, this is both.

the government is resting their "right" on the 3rd party principle, which is not valid In this situation.  You do have a right to privacy when you pay someone for a service.  Legal eagles interpreting this differently are out of their minds.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GhostofLafeyette. Show GhostofLafeyette's posts

In response to newman09's comment:

nmembers of Congress and reporters still getting to the truth 

Oh please. The GOP and its supports don't give a rat's azz about "truth."

This one here already has it figured out: The kenyan muslim communist must also be a ruthless murderer. Because..well..that's the only conclusion his prejudice can lead him to:

The only logical conclusion is that the Obama Administration made a fateful decison the night of the Benghazi attack and decided it was more important to keep the CIA gun running operation to Syria under wraps then it was to expose the CIA presence to protect the Consulate and the Ambassador.

You are still here doing this...Been several years here huh.  I actually now feel sorry for you.

This board is turning into a hate group meet-up....   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]The NSA information harvesting is intended to keep us safe and is more effective if the means and methods of this operation are kept secret.

Privacy and freedom over safety was one of the very most essential founding principles. The NSA has claimed for itself the right to conduct general searches without warrants of everything but a literal photograph of your bedroom closet.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm torn but if eventually I can fly without subjecting myself to TSA searches and removing my shoes and belt then I'm OK with their metadata on my internet and telephone data.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

See the disgusting thing here is this...  

People are willing to assume without any evidence that CIA agents were in a position to prevent the attack but Obama ordered them not to, making a conscious decision to sacrifice the lives to protect the gun running scheme.

Those same people would have turned purple and died from rage if you suggested that Bush lied about the presence of WMDs in Iraq.

Oh and if you suggested that Reagan consciously orchestrated all parts of Iran-Contra? Supernova.

Yes, conscious decision driven by campaign claim of Bin Laden is dead GM is alive and Al Qaeda is on the run.

Guilty of acting on bad data.

Yes knew of big picture orchestrating all parts I don't think so.

Program note: Was there a political cover up surrounding the Benghazi attack that killed four Americans? Erin Burnett anchors a CNN special investigation: The Truth About Benghazi, Tuesday at 10 p.m. ET.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

People are willing to assume without any evidence that CIA agents were in a position to prevent the attack but Obama ordered them not to, making a conscious decision to sacrifice the lives to protect the gun running scheme.

Those same people would have turned purple and died from rage if you suggested that Bush lied about the presence of WMDs in Iraq.

Oh and if you suggested that Reagan consciously orchestrated all parts of Iran-Contra? Supernova.

I think you are wrong on this. People just want answers.  The more they stonewall, the more it looks like they have something to hide.

easiest easy to stop this is all truly allow the CIA operatives to testify. No frog marching, like the left wanted during the Bush years. Treat these people respectfully, and stop the intimidation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm torn but if eventually I can fly without subjecting myself to TSA searches and removing my shoes and belt then I'm OK with their metadata on my internet and telephone data.

[/QUOTE]

The meta data is a real privacy risk. There are already agencies within the U.S. requesting this data for internal investigations. 

We started with a need for a warrant and at least one foreign leg on the warrant, and we are now collecting all the data without the need of a foreign leg, AHEAD of any warrant, running algorithms against this data to see who is potentially doing something illegal, and now we have other agencies who want acces to the data.

Althought I appreciate that you are ok with it, it is clearly a violation of at least the fourth amendment.  We cannot allow the government to collect data on us on the theory that we might be party to a crime without any proof or suspicion.  This is Orwellian.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

Whooooops....................Charges Filed!

Still a "phony scandal"?

"facts ignored by wingnuts"?

Still not a "gate"?

Charges were filed against the attackers Genius.  Among them was Ahmed Abu Khattala, quoted below in a Reuters interview from October...

"The film which insulted the Prophet was a direct attack on our values and if America wants good relations with the Muslim world it needs to do so with respect," Abu Khattala said. "If they want to do it with force, they will be met with force."

This is going to be so satisfying when it all comes back to the video.  Like that time Karl Rove was wandering around Fox Studios with his jaw on the ground, trying to make sense of the Ohio returns.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Aug 6th 2001 ..... dubya briefed on Bin Ladin determined to strike in the USA ..... now there's a "gate" for you !

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

"Charges were filed against the attackers Genius.  Among them was Ahmed Abu Khattala, quoted below in a Reuters interview from October...

"The film which insulted the Prophet was a direct attack on our values and if America wants good relations with the Muslim world it needs to do so with respect," Abu Khattala said. "If they want to do it with force, they will be met with force."

This is going to be so satisfying when it all comes back to the video.  Like that time Karl Rove was wandering around Fox Studios with his jaw on the ground, trying to make sense of the Ohio returns."

v

" the attack was neither spontaneous nor the result of an Internet video."

So what's it come to when we reject a terrorist's own statement that the attack was because of a video...in order to claim it was not?

Good question.  The "terrorist", Ahmed Katalla, has been a suspect for 10 months now.  Since the attack Sep/2012, he has sat by the pool sipping martinis, granting interviews to CNN, the NY times, Washington Post, and many other media outlets around the world. 

He seems much more credible than say General Patreaus or CIA agents on the ground, or even the FBI.

(eye roll)

A terrorist who attacks a U.S. consulate and says that he did so because of the video is lying to protect Obama, President of the U.S., the same country which he attacked.

I see.

Perhaps Gingrich did build his moon colony after all....    

Think a little deeper.............I know it`s hard for you.  Critical thinking is tough for Independents (LOL)

Do you really believe Ahmed, left alone for 10 months, granting countless interviews to LEFT wing media outlets only..........and NOW, miraculously charged (not arrested BTW) is credible and "protecting Obama"?   And.........is that what you think congressional leaders doing these investigations, the American people that want the truth, and the reasonable people here at BDC that kick your a $$ very day believe?

Freakin delusional man!

[/QUOTE]

Reuters is a left-wing media outlet?  Seriously?  It really has to have Rupert Murdoch's fingerprints on it for you to believe it, doesn't it?

I'm guessing it's difficult to get the fledgling Libyan government to hand over a militia head (one of the guys responsible for toppling Ghaddaffi) to the US Government.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think you are wrong on this. People just want answers.  The more they stonewall, the more it looks like they have something to hide.

easiest easy to stop this is all truly allow the CIA operatives to testify. No frog marching, like the left wanted during the Bush years. Treat these people respectfully, and stop the intimidation.

[/QUOTE]

People in this very thread have asserted their belief (assumption) that Obama ordered the CIA to stand by and let people die to protect some secret program they were running.

Without solid evidence, that's a pretty serious accusation to be making.

[/QUOTE]

Yes in my heart of hearts I believe that the defense for the consulate was not increased because it was counter to Obama's presidentilal campaign talking point; that Al Qaeda is on the run message.

I believe the rescue response was held back, because it would have been counter to the talking point that Al Qaeda was on the run.

I believe the story was cooked after the fact to highlight the offensive video to maintain Al Qaeda is on the run talking point

Benghazi was netured as a presidential campaign talking point because the MSM liked the Al Qaeda is on the run talking point and they didn't like Romney.  Candy Crowley put an issue knife in Romney's back becasuse he never saw it coming in the debate and he blew the response her setting up Obama to have a great retort.  The GOP could only look desperate with thier points on this issue afterward leading up to the election.

I watched the CNN special last night and it was a very detailed review of the events leading up to and after the attack.

It left so many questions as to why the US didn't react before, ignored all of the other embassies leaving the area due to security concerns.

It left me wondering why the president was only briefed once as this went down, oh that's right he flew to a fundraiser in Las Vegas.

CNN walks through the compound 3 days later and finds the Amabassador diary in plain sight, how did they get there when it took the US three more weeks.

The talking points were clearly cooked to say it was due to the offensive video.

There is a lot more that needs to come out.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I believe the rescue response was held back, because it would have been counter to the talking point that Al Qaeda was on the run.

Like I said before, being ignorant isn't a crime but striving to remain so is embarassing.

The WSJ, bastion of all things neo-con, reported that of the 10 security operatives at the CIA compound, 7 were sent to the annex. That's 70% of the security!

WSJ then reported that by breaking cover from the CIA compound to rush to the annex, they ultimately put the CIA annex at risk and inadvertantly led the attackers back to the CIA compund and were attacked again.

Meanwhile ANOTHER security team was sent from Tripoli as reinforcements.

You reall have to be an ideological imbecile to ignore the facts, reported 8 months ago, by virtually every news organization in the country.

Just like you ignoring every other point...and I still have a problem with the Warren Commission magic bullet.  

Did you watch the CNN report last night?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

People in this very thread have asserted their belief (assumption) that Obama ordered the CIA to stand by and let people die to protect some secret program they were running.

Without solid evidence, that's a pretty serious accusation to be making.

[/QUOTE]

Yes in my heart of hearts I believe that the defense for the consulate was not increased because it was counter to Obama's presidentilal campaign talking point; that Al Qaeda is on the run message.

I believe the story was cooked after the fact to highlight the offensive video to maintain Al Qaeda is on the run talking point

Benghazi was netured as a presidential campaign talking point because the MSM liked the Al Qaeda is on the run talking point and they didn't like Romney.  Candy Crowley put an issue knife in Romney's back becasuse he never saw it coming in the debate and he blew the response her setting up Obama to have a great retort.  The GOP could only look desperate with thier points on this issue afterward leading up to the election.

I watched the CNN special last night and it was a very detailed review of the events leading up to and after the attack.

It left so many questions as to why the US didn't react before, ignored all of the other embassies leaving the area due to security concerns.

It left me wondering why the president was only briefed once as this went down, oh that's right he flew to a fundraiser in Las Vegas.

CNN walks through the compound 3 days later and finds the Amabassador diary in plain sight, how did they get there when it took the US three more weeks.

The talking points were clearly cooked to say it was due to the offensive video.

There is a lot more that needs to come out.

[/QUOTE]

None of this supports the position that Obama ordered the CIA to stand by and allow Americans to die to cover up an arms running mission. It is that accusation I am responding to.

"It left so many questions as to why the US didn't react before, ignored all of the other embassies leaving the area due to security concerns."

Oh christ. He just pulled people out in response to a threat and people here smeared him for that. Is there no shame?

This is like blaming Bush for 9/11 because he didn't respond sufficiently to intelligence indicating a general threat.

[/QUOTE]

Did you watch the CNN Report last night?

OK on point 1, its a stretch to get all the way to that point, but I my suspicions look that way.

It was clear that all the other US allies bailed out due to security and we stayed, it was clear Steven's wanted more seecurity and he didn't get it.

Obama has bailed out of the entire region not one country, we are in full retreat not just an individual tacticle retreat.

Bush has been blamed for 911 since the get go by many left posters.

25. This post has been removed.