Driving While Black

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Re: Driving While Black

Disgusting lack of judgement by the police.  I'd wager anything there will be no justice either.

Jonathan Ferrell's family should start bracing themselves for the not guilty verdict now. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Perhaps you didn't read your own source but he was running, not driving.

I have no idea what race had to do with it, there was no indication that race was a factor, but you seem to be projecting that it was.

That said, this killing is clearly a tragedy and, regardless of the reason, the officer in question has been rightfully charged with a crime. I'm wondering if manslaughter is too weak of a charge but I imagine that has to be determined.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

And the woman. Sheesh. People trying to break in to harm you rarely knock on the front door and ask for help...  

Nor do they wait around the house for 15 minutes for the police to arrive......knowing she had called 9/11.  A cop with half a brain should have been able to connect the dots that this guy was no criminal.

And mark my words, by the time the NC legal system is through, Jonathan Ferrell will be painted as a criminal and the cops as heros.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

And mark my words, by the time the NC legal system is through, Jonathan Ferrell will be painted as a criminal and the cops as heros.

I'm willing to bet, assuming that this story is correct, that you're completely wrong.

--

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

You may have a future as a talking head on MSNBC ! Since you are so clearly 100% wrong

and your political zealotry trumps common sense and reality.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Drive, driving, drive, drove, driven.

What difference, at this point, does it matter anyway?

--

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I don't think the officer shot the driver just because he was black but I do believe his judgement was swayed to use his weapon so quickly based on the race of the victim.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit.

--

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

If it was a white woman, does anyone think the person in the house would have called 911? The cop would have shot her?

You sir, clearly do not have a great familiarity with what you might reasonably be able to describe as "white woman" south of the Mason/Dixon.

--

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

So, here the issue is not the gun itself or where he got it...

...but how it was used.  This phrase sticks out:

"Our investigation has shown that Officer Kerrick did not have a lawful right to discharge his weapon during this encounter. "

So, given that owning a gun is both a right and a privilege, the ownership can be lenient, but the misuse of that gun - even by a police officer ITLOD, who are rightfully held to higher standards than civilians - needs to be punished accordingly.

Perhaps, like drunk driving, if you get caught 'unlawfully discharging' a gun, you lose it for 6 months, etc.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

"Our investigation has shown that Officer Kerrick did not have a lawful right to discharge his weapon during this encounter. "

That makes sense given the information provided. Police Officers are held to extremely strict rules regarding the use of deadly force. Thankfully.

--

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]"Our investigation has shown that Officer Kerrick did not have a lawful right to discharge his weapon during this encounter. "

That makes sense given the information provided. Police Officers are held to extremely strict rules regarding the use of deadly force. Thankfully.

[/QUOTE]

And which means that the right to own a gun and the 'right' to discharge it are held to a different legal standard.

A person can smoke in public, but the law has determined that certain public places are protected against the scourge of tobacco smoke.

The same should absolutely be true for guns.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I heard of this. Tragic and he likely should be charged with murder not manslaughter

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

And the woman. Sheesh. People trying to break in to harm you rarely knock on the front door and ask for help...  

What is the larger point you are trying to make by starting this thread?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Sad situation. The sad reality is that if this were a white female, I doubt it would have had the same outcome.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]"Our investigation has shown that Officer Kerrick did not have a lawful right to discharge his weapon during this encounter. "

[/QUOTE]

And which means that the right to own a gun and the 'right' to discharge it are held to a different legal standard.

A person can smoke in public, but the law has determined that certain public places are protected against the scourge of tobacco smoke.

The same should absolutely be true for guns.

[/QUOTE]

Hence, we create gun free zones, which so far, have been a magnet for crazies.

this is why the left fails us.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

This is a great tragedy. Having said that...what does this have to do with politics?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

This is a great tragedy. Having said that...what does this have to do with politics?

Asked abouve, and not answered.

I think the point is that libruls =good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Asked abouve, and not answered.

I think the point is that libruls =good.

[/QUOTE]

No answer? Shocker