Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Will Face Death Penalty For Boston Marathon Bombing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Will Face Death Penalty For Boston Marathon Bombing

Hope they get the dosage wrong with this worthless piece of....

BOSTON (AP) — Federal prosecutors on Thursday announced they will seek the death penalty against 20-year-old Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in the Boston Marathon bombing, instantly raising the stakes in what could be one of the most wrenching trials the city has ever seen.

Attorney General Eric Holder's decision to press for Tsarnaev's execution was widely expected. The twin blasts killed three people and wounded more than 260 others, and 17 of the 30 federal charges against him — including using a weapon of mass destruction to kill — carry the possibility of the death penalty.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/01/30/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-death-penalty_n_4694745.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Will Face Death Penalty For Boston Marathon Bombing

Can someone explain why some leftists that are typically against the death penalty are OK with this? Like Holder and Mayor walsh to name 2, Gov Absent skirted the issue saying one way or the other the turd is going to die in prison. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Can someone explain why some leftists that are typically against the death penalty are OK with this? Like Holder and Mayor walsh to name 2, Gov Absent skirted the issue saying one way or the other the turd is going to die in prison. 

[/QUOTE]

It's called playing politics. It's a hot topic and they need to appear tough on this.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Gee, Hansori, I'm terribly sorry that Holder didn't give you an opportunity to scream about libruls by stepping in and prohibiting the AUSA prosecuting the case from seeking the death penalty. But, you found a way to do it anyway.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 2013soxchamps. Show 2013soxchamps's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Probably because not everything in life is cut and dry.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to 2013soxchamps' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It is when it comes to something like death penalty. If one is against it because one feels it's inhumane and because there is potential to kill someone who is innocent then you can't turn around and say...well...it's ok to be inhumane in THIS instance. Either you believe it's inhumane or you don't. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

See . . .   this is where I think society is entirely missing the point.

You kill this guy, you've given him exactly what he wanted.

No.

Guys like this go in a cage . . .  oh . . .   let's say 4' x 4' . . .   that should be enough room. You put a hog in there with him and you give them a little bit of food and water to fight over and you let that go on for as long as it will.

Only then can justice be served.

Either that . . .  or I am entirely wrong.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No.

Guys like this go in a cage . . .  oh . . .   let's say 4' x 4' . . .   that should be enough room. You put a hog in there with him and you give them a little bit of food and water to fight over and you let that go on for as long as it will.

[/QUOTE]

I agree but unfortunately we wouldn't do that. We'd give him a private cell, prayer rug and certified Halal private chef. Nope, just exterminate his a55 and be done with it. Too bad they saved his life that night instead of letting off one more round right between the eyes.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Although I usually oppose the death penalty, I can think of few other criminals for whom such a penalty would be more appropriate. This country gave the Tsarnaevs everything including good education and a scholarship, tolerance toward their religion and a decent standard of living;  things which they could not have gotten by a long shot in their native homeland. They were provided with citizenship and asylum and every opportunity to become poster children for the American Dream. And yet they decided to repay their adoptive country by committing such an evil and dastardly act against innocent people.

As for hoping officials get the dosage wrong, I find that sick.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

No.

Well, the ACLU and many American progressives claimed that Tsarenev's fellow bloodthirsty terrorists captured in the act and kept in a prison at Gitmo were being "tortured" ...

So no doubt they must treat Tsarenaev nicer than the IRS treats conservatives...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Although I usually oppose the death penalty, I can think of few other criminals for whom such a penalty would be more appropriate. This country gave the Tsarnaevs everything including good education and a scholarship, tolerance toward their religion and a decent standard of living;  things which they could not have gotten by a long shot in their native homeland. They were provided with citizenship and asylum and every opportunity to become poster children for the American Dream. And yet they decided to repay their adoptive country by committing such an evil and dastardly act against innocent people.

[/QUOTE]

I find your hypocrisy sick. So there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

High profile MA Democrats, such as Martha Coakly, Marty Walsh and Elizabeth Warren, all whom have stated they are opponents of the death penalty all said basically the same thing about Eric Holder's decision to pursue the death penalty in Tsarnaev's case.

That is they feel that after very thoughtful consideration the AG made this decision based on the facts of the case and applicable federal law while still affirming their opposition to the death penalty in general.

Deval Patrick had a less definitive response as has been noted above.

One of Tsarnaev's lawyers is Judy Clarke. She has a powerful track record in winning life sentences for mass killers who were facing the death penalty.

They include the Unabomber Ted Kaczynski, 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui and Tuscon, AZ mass killer Jared Loughner.

Whatever you think about Holder pursuing the death penalty in this case, with Clarke Tsarnaev has strong, experienced legal representation.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

High profile MA Democrats, such as Martha Coakly, Marty Walsh and Elizabeth Warren, all whom have stated they are opponents of the death penalty all said basically the same thing about Eric Holder's decision to pursue the death penalty in Tsarnaev's case.

That is they feel that after very thoughtful consideration the AG made this decision based on the facts of the case and applicable federal law while still affirming their opposition to the death penalty in general.

Deval Patrick had a less definitive response as has been noted above.

One of Tsarnaev's lawyers is Judy Clarke. She has a powerful track record in winning life sentences for mass killers who were facing the death penalty.

They include the Unabomber Ted Kaczynski, 9/11 conspirator Zacarias Moussaoui and Tuscon, AZ mass killer Jared Loughner.

Whatever you think about Holder pursuing the death penalty in this case, with Clarke Tsarnaev has strong, experienced legal representation.

[/QUOTE]

Holder decision was correct; but he should have waited until after the Olympics.  The US inadvertantly just gave the Chechyans a rally cry to attack US interests at the games.

On another note it is amusing to watch all of the Mass progressive polls do the two step dance on this one; right decision but still against death penalty,... too funny.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

It is easy to support the death penalty, when it is never implemented anyway.

Odds that this Rolling Stone poster boy will actually be executed: slim and none.

Since 1988, the federal government has taken to trial a total of 190 federal death penalty cases involving 281 defendants in 220 trials. These 281 defendants were culled from a larger pool of 492 against whom the Attorney General had authorized the government to seek the death penalty.

There have been three executions.

If it is implemented, it may take a decade, given the pathetic joke of an appeals process we have.

The only thing executed will be millions of taxpayer dollars paid to lawyers. Government lawyers who will make their careers out of endless meaningless appeals, and re-appeals, and more appeals, and stays, ad nauseum.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

No.

You are entirely wrong, as you would recognize within a few minutes of living in a country where the government has authority to do the following:

What they deserve isn't the question. What power you want your government to have is.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please explain my hypocrisy please.

oh...and I think if you search the internet, you can find websites that show people suffering as they die.  They cater to people with fetishes like yours.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[]

[]

[]

[]
    It is when it comes to something like death penalty. If one is against it because one feels it's inhumane and because there is potential to kill someone who is innocent then you can't turn around and say...well...it's ok to be inhumane in THIS instance. Either you believe it's inhumane or you don't. 

Whether or not executions are humane aren't the only reason one can be opposed to the death penalty.

For example, I am not opposed because they are inhumane. I am opposed because our legal system is way more flawed than most people let themselves believe/see.

However, in this case, I may not shed any tears because it seems that this is one of those cases where guilt is apparent beyond all possible doubt (let alone reasonable doubt).

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please explain my hypocrisy please.

oh...and I think if you search the internet, you can find websites that show people suffering as they die.  They cater to people with fetishes like yours.

[/QUOTE]

Really? You need your hypocrisy explained to you? That says alot. You're against death penalty....oh but except in this case. That's ridiculous. Either you're against it or you're not.

Funny how YOU know about such websites. Freak.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Too bad they saved his life that night instead of letting off one more round right between the eyes.

It's easy to indulge revenge fantasies where guilt is clear. But like p-mike, you wouldn't want to live in a country where cops are free to act as executioner whenever they're personally sure the person they're chasing deserves it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[]

[]

[]

[]

[/QUOTE]

Whether or not executions are humane aren't the only reason one can be opposed to the death penalty.

For example, I am not opposed because they are inhumane. I am opposed because our legal system is way more flawed than most people let themselves believe/see.

However, in this case, I may not shed any tears because it seems that this is one of those cases where guilt is apparent beyond all possible doubt (let alone reasonable doubt).

[/QUOTE]

That's great in YOUR case. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Government lawyers who will make their careers out of endless meaningless appeals, and re-appeals, and more appeals, and stays, ad nauseum.

[/QUOTE]

For someone who talks up his love of the constitution so regularly, it's perverse to see you so casually discard the importance of constituitonal rights.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[]

[]

[]

[]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's great in YOUR case. 

[/QUOTE]

Meaning?