Economy improves, Mr. Romney says, "All recessions end," and shifts to...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Economy improves, Mr. Romney says, "All recessions end," and shifts to...

...culture wars.  Just in time.

The melodrama between the Catholic hierarchy and the government has already found its way to these boards, and now he's there, just in time. 

Now comes the Susan G. Komen vs. Planned Parenthood melodrama.  Just in time...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/02/06/national/w201910S85.DTL&tsp=1

Think these came along just in time?  Think the republican establishment's Mr. Rove is anywhere in all this?  Culture wars are his forte.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Economy improves, Mr. Romney says, "All recessions end," and shifts to...

I think you make a really good point. It seems that because the GOP has no answer for Obama..they've never had an answer for the economy and jobs...that they started a culture war and went back to the only thing they knew..their social ideology. Problem is..their social ideology has become more backwards and people arent' buying it.
    I guess when you don't have an answer for the economy..the best thing to do in Rove's book is turn the classes against each other.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In Response to Economy improves, Mr. Romney says, "All recessions end," and shifts to...:
    [QUOTE]...culture wars.  Just in time. The melodrama between the Catholic hierarchy and the government has already found its way to these boards, and now he's there, just in time.  Now comes the Susan G. Komen vs. Planned Parenthood melodrama.  Just in time... http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2012/02/06/national/w201910S85.DTL&tsp=1 Think these came along just in time?  Think the republican establishment's Mr. Rove is anywhere in all this?  Culture wars are his forte.
    Posted by Firewind[/QUOTE]

If that is true it's a huge mistake. Romney (and Republicans in general) should keep hammering Obama on the economy,  unemployment, crony capitalism, his "under the table" connections to Wall Street. the massive monetary losses from his intervention in the auto industry, the massive losses from his ridiculous investments in "green" industries, his strong connections to thieves like Corzine and Rezko, the Fast and Furious scandal, his failure to promote real energy self sufficiency, Obamacare, the demonizaton of the wealthy, his disasterous foreign policy, and on and on and on...

But they probably will go the culture war route. This is why they call the Republican Party the "stupid party."

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Economy improves, Mr. Romney says, "All recessions end," and shifts to...:
    [QUOTE]I think you make a really good point. It seems that because the GOP has no answer for Obama..they've never had an answer for the economy and jobs...that they started a culture war and went back to the only thing they knew..their social ideology. Problem is..their social ideology has become more backwards and people arent' buying it. I guess when you don't have an answer for the economy..the best thing to do in Rove's book is turn the classes against each other.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]
    Obama has been practicing class warfare since 2007. That isn't a Rove or Republican thing.
    There are many answers for Obama and as gas goes to $4 a gallon his numbers will drop.
    BTW - I thought once Bush was gone, gas would go down? It is now up @100%. Is Obama in bed with the oil companies? That was the lefts cry about Bush and high gas prices. OR is it like those of us with a clue said, President has little to no control over gas prices!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

BTW - I thought once Bush was gone, gas would go down? It is now up @100%. Is Obama in bed with the oil companies? That was the lefts cry about Bush and high gas prices. OR is it like those of us with a clue said, President has little to no control over gas prices!

This bears repeating!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

I agree that that the Obama Big Government failure in reviving the economy is first and foremost. But as to the so-called 'culture wars', the Left has been at war with disastrous policies that decimate the two-parent family. Whether the Right ignores the issue or not, it is rotting at the foundations of our society.   

Rick Santorum:
    "The biggest problem with poverty in America we don't talk about in an economic discussion. And that is the breakdown of the American family. You want to look at the poverty rate among families that have a husband and wife working in them? It's 5% today. A family that's headed by one person? It's 30% today. We need to do something. We need to talk about economics: the word "home" in Greek is the basis of the word "economy." It is the foundation of our country. We need to have a policy that supports families; that encourages marriage; that has fathers take responsibility for their children. You can't have limited government, you can't have a wealthy society, if the family breaks down that basic unit of society. "

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zippit. Show zippit's posts

Sorry, I didn't realize the economy was improving, guess I missed it?

Does that mean my company will stop laying off people, my wife's business will sky-rocket to double digit increases, and my kids will get free tuition?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts