1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Eight Ways Privatization Has Failed America

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to UserName99's comment:

How any sane, rational, logical human being could think that paying people directly is more expensive than paying a middleman to pay people directly -- with the additional cost of mark-up added, plus CEO bonuses, etc -- boggles the mind.

But then, the insurance industry's been pulling this in the healthcare area for a very long time now, and people don't even seem to notice.

So do you suggest all goods and service be through the govt? 

No....probably just the ones on this list, with the exceptions on Banking and the Internet/TV/Phone which should be kept private with heavy regulation. 

Private industries have but 1 goal:  make a profit, then make a bigger one the next year.  That philosopy has no place in a hospital, or prison, or public school.

If they make no profit then how do they stay in business? Oh right....more taxes. Got it

Tax revenue as % of GDP has been in the 15% range the last four years, as opposed to being in the 18 - 20 % range for about 70 straight years before that. 

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=205

In other words, taxes are down.

Wow did you ever miss the point. Let me try this again..........................................

You're saying that the govt should take over several industries because private industries only have 1 goal (which is a lie) of making a profit. So.....if the govt is to take these industries on to run, well....where is the money going to come from? The money tree in your backyard? It will be from higher taxes. 

If the government taxes me $10 more for universal healthcare, but at the same time I save $12 on health insurance premiums, then i'm ahead.  Do you get that?  I'm not concerned with which pocket my money comes out of, but rather how much it costs me overall. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

How any sane, rational, logical human being could think that paying people directly is more expensive than paying a middleman to pay people directly -- with the additional cost of mark-up added, plus CEO bonuses, etc -- boggles the mind.

But then, the insurance industry's been pulling this in the healthcare area for a very long time now, and people don't even seem to notice.

No....probably just the ones on this list, with the exceptions on Banking and the Internet/TV/Phone which should be kept private with heavy regulation. 

Private industries have but 1 goal:  make a profit, then make a bigger one the next year.  That philosopy has no place in a hospital, or prison, or public school.

If they make no profit then how do they stay in business? Oh right....more taxes. Got it

Tax revenue as % of GDP has been in the 15% range the last four years, as opposed to being in the 18 - 20 % range for about 70 straight years before that. 

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/displayafact.cfm?Docid=205

In other words, taxes are down.

Wow did you ever miss the point. Let me try this again..........................................

You're saying that the govt should take over several industries because private industries only have 1 goal (which is a lie) of making a profit. So.....if the govt is to take these industries on to run, well....where is the money going to come from? The money tree in your backyard? It will be from higher taxes. 

If the government taxes me $10 more for universal healthcare, but at the same time I save $12 on health insurance premiums, then i'm ahead.  Do you get that?  I'm not concerned with which pocket my money comes out of, but rather how much it costs me overall. 

[/QUOTE]

And IF my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. That's quite an "if" statement you provided...that I do get.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:

In response to MrCricket's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to TFefio's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ms Cricket.....Why are you still here and not in N Korea? Will they not let you in? 

um, who are you, and what does north korea have to do with this thread? ... trying to make my ignore list? Cool

[/QUOTE]

Who am I?  I'm just a person who's been laughing at your moonbat rants for the past few years.  I drop in every so often to see who you and the granny squad are honing in on. I see not much has changed. Carry on....

[/QUOTE]

interesting, well, thanks for sharing your irrelevant 2 cents, mr. creepy randon guy. :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Private industries, to make a profit, must succeed with their efforts. There is a specific goal. If they succeed at the goal, they may get more work and make a bigger profit. if they fail, they make no profit.

Government bureaucracy, by contrast,  has but one goal; not to succeed. Government is very very good at the goal of failure. Bureaucrats fear one thing, and one thing only; solving the problem, because it would limit their power and influence.

[/QUOTE]

yes, we bailed out the banks and paid their CEO's multi million $ bonuses because they were so successfull!!! duhhhhhhhhh

[/QUOTE]

Which was done by our govt. The govt you want in charge of goods and services in this country. Right...let's give more power to the entity that thought it a great idea to give multi million bonuses to the very people who fcuked things up.....weeeeeeeeeeeeee

[/QUOTE]

"our" government is controlled by these same private corporations and banking cartels that you are championing. or do you not realize that? i'm not cheering on a government entity, i'm in favor of taking power away from private rackateers who fund every government official and restoring a government that actually represents and caters to it's citizens. 

[/QUOTE]

You're kidding right? So you blame the banks instead of the people who write and vote on the legislation. It's the banks fault the govt allowed for them to get huge bonuses as a result of the bailout. Right. You're quite the apologist for the govt.

[/QUOTE]

there's this thing called holding everyone responsible for their actions and not picking sides.. you should try it out. government and private corporations/banks have become one in the same. the government isn't a person, it's people, people we vote in, both republcans and democrats, so we also share some of the blame. 

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

So that's two posts with no vulgar language. No swear words, nothing racist, and no insults that have been deleted. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

What enables companies to make a profit?

why does that not have a place in the things you mention?

last question: in regard to these things, on the list, and your list, what is the goal of goverment?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

So that's two posts with no vulgar language. No swear words, nothing racist, and no insults that have been deleted. 

Seems like there is a though police censor thing going on.

Strange that it is being done by liberals.  I thought liberals were all about lack of censorship.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I can see the libs don't want to tackle my very easy questions.  I'll open it up to the whole class.

what enables a company to make a profit?

why does profit not have a place in the items mentioned?

what is the goal of government ( in reference to this list)