Eighty Percent of Democrats are Clueless

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Eighty Percent of Democrats are Clueless

Not according to me, according to Democrat strategist extraordinaire James Carville:

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-853633

"Ideologies aren't all that important. What's important is psychology.

The Democratic constituency is just like a herd of cows. All you have to do is lay out enough silage and they come running. That's why I became an operative working with Democrats. With Democrats all you have to do is make a lot of noise, lay out the hay, and be ready to use the ole cattle prod in case a few want to bolt the herd.

Eighty percent of the people who call themselves Democrats don't have a clue as to political reality. What amazes me is that you could take a group of people who are hard workers and convince them that they should support social programs that were the exact opposite of their own personal convictions. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote any way you want.

The voter is basically dumb and lazy. The reason I became a Democratic operative instead of a Republican was because there were more Democrats that didn't have a clue than there were Republicans.

Truth is relative. Truth is what you can make the voter believe is the truth. If you're smart enough, truth is what you make the voter think it is. That's why I'm a Democrat. I can make the Democratic voters think whatever I want them to."

That explains a lot, really. Tell 'em it's Bush's fault, or the bankers, or that Republican will replace science with religion in school, so on and so on. Tell 'em anything but the truth because that's the last thing that they need to hear.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Eighty Percent of Democrats are Clueless

Couple things

The first is there is no primary source that attributes this quote to Carville, in fact the only place it traces back to is ThinkExist.com.  In other words there is no news article, speech, transcript, or any other source documenting this quote as coming from Carville or anyone else for that matter.  The fact that is a message that would resonate in the GOP bubble of ideas points to it being fradulent.  But if it is on the internet it must be true, right?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Too bad the quote is a figment of the wingnut imagination. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

There's a lot I agree with here.

1. The voter is basically dumb and lazy ....psst!---the non-voters are too!, but I tend to agree with this.

2. Truth is relative. ( and if your relatives are all liars.....well, nevermind). Advertising people have been using their version of "truth" for years. Here's my question...how is it according to T.V. ads everybody's truck is the toughest, carries the heaviest loads, has the best powertrain, suspension and works hardest?... Is it Toyota, Dodge, GM or Ford that make the best , most dependable trucks?....you watch and listen to the ad and it's all of them.

3. Put a little fear here and there and you can get people to vote anyway you want.....don't the Republicans use the tactic also?....I think they are even better at it, after all Sarah Palin and Ted Nugent are afraid Obama is going to take their guns away....then what?...horrors!!!...better get a Republican who will take somebody's unemployment check away than take guns away from unbalanced egomaniacs...right?

4. Ideologies aren't all that important. What's important is psychology....well, can't disagree with that....and being basically psychotic myself, I resemble that opinion.

One that I don't agree with: There are more Democrats that don't have a clue than Republicans....many on both sides "don't have a clue"...just like we have dumb Yankee fans and smart Yankee fans, dumb Red Sox fans and smart Red Sox fans....dumb voters and smart voters, dumb non-voters and smart non-voters....dumb fat people and smart fat people...it so it goes.

...I'd like to know how he arrives at this 80% figure, though...I'd almost think it was higher than that ...for both sides!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

If  the story is true, wouldn't you also say that there about 80% of Republicans who blindly follow their party line?

And seriously, how many real thinking people are there out there?  What is the percentage?

6. This post has been removed.