Emails show IRS scandal did NOT originate solely in Cincinnati. Higher ups requested info on conservative groups.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Emails show IRS scandal did NOT originate solely in Cincinnati. Higher ups requested info on conservative groups.

He swallows anything the left establishment tells him to.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Emails show IRS scandal did NOT originate solely in Cincinnati. Higher ups requested info on conservative groups.

Shulman admits he knew by spring 2012 that the IRS was targeting conservative groups.

So, "Is it really believable that someone who had a Wall Street career before coming to Washington five years ago was so politically naive that he didn't see the potential for scandal in that information and give the White House a heads-up?" Gordon asks. And that no White House staffer then passed it on to the president?

Then again, Shulman is the same guy who, with a straight face, answered Congress' questions about the 118 visits with the alibi that he visited the White House to attend "the Easter Egg Roll, with my kids."

That's a lot of Easter Eggs — but not a lot of credibility.

There is a lot the American public do not yet know about communications between the White House and IRS. The integrity of free government demands a full, serious investigation.

http://news.investors.com/ibd-editorials/052813-657927-irs-heads-118-white-house-visits-suspicious.htm?ref=HPLNews#ixzz2UmsZqM8B

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Waterboard the guy, he'll talk.

118 visits and all he can remember was an easter egg hunt lmao!!

If it quacks like a duck and walks like a duck, it's a F-ing duck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Well...for my part, I'll wait for evidence.

I agree

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Everyone in prison is innocent; just ask them!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Ok if that's true. Its much more reasonable. Why when asked by congress could he not remember 11 times (especially if, it was to do with implementing the ACA as defenders claim) and he only remembered an easter edd hunt?

I am willing to see where it plays out.

Theres still a lot of smoke for there not to be a fire.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Ok if that's true. Its much more reasonable. Why when asked by congress could he not remember 11 times (especially if, it was to do with implementing the ACA as defenders claim) and he only remembered an easter edd hunt?

Theres still a lot of smoke for there not to be a fire.

Seriously?

Ya, I guess all that "smoke" couldn't because you idiots fall for the echo chamber baloney without question.

He was apparently waved in for the rest, which seems to be the procedure.  Also, didn't he himself testify to 118 (or so) visits? Eh?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Seriously?

Ya, I guess all that "smoke" couldn't because you idiots fall for the echo chamber baloney without question.

No it's still a story because they admitted doing it and the officials in charge either refused to testify or suddenly couldnt remember anything!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Seriously?

No it's still a story because they admitted doing it and the officials in charge either refused to testify or suddenly couldnt remember anything!

Hey nitwit, one guy didn't remember the details of less than 3 visits a year over 4 yrs.

And stop being a smoke-eater, invoking one's Constitutional rights doesn't not convict someone.

It's hypocritical hare-brains like you who say stuff like:

When in reality your lying out your backside.

The world must look terribly blury when you are spinning so fast.

But, he obvisously remembered some of the visits, like the Easter Egg hunt.

These are Bureaucrats.  the good ones keep records, the crooked ones seem to have selective memory problems.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The hearing comes as House Oversight and Government Reform Committee Chairman Darrell Issa is arguing that the Obama administration was involved in the IRS scandal. Over the weekend, the Republican lawmaker from California released partial transcripts of interviews with IRS employees from Cincinnati, insisting they proved a link.

In one part of the interview, the IRS employee—when asked if a supervisor gave any indication why a search for conservative groups was needed—said “He told me that Washington D.C. wanted some cases.” In another part, the unidentified employee says he/she was “taking all my direction” from the EO Technical,” which is the IRS Exempt Organization office in D.C.

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/06/03/irs-scandal-spotlighted-in-dc-this-week/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

What I don't understand tvoter is complete blindness that these tparty and conservative groups were actually breaking the law. No political groups are allowed to become tax exempt because political speech is taxed.It's the same reason why church's and religious organizations are not allowed to participate in politics. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

What I don't understand tvoter is complete blindness that these tparty and conservative groups were actually breaking the law. No political groups are allowed to become tax exempt because political speech is taxed.It's the same reason why church's and religious organizations are not allowed to participate in politics.  

Whether you think they were breaking the law while all liberal groups were complete saints is irrelevent. The IRS and government cannot target entities based on political preference. ESPECIALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ELECTION CYCLE!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Preliminary reports from House investigators suggest that the field agents designated to be fall guys and gals for the tax scandal are not buying into the part. They say, according to interviews from Issa’s committee, that the orders to target conservative groups cam from Washington, and that high-level officials asked that case files on conservative groups be passed along for extra scrutiny.

Front-line workers bridled at the idea for fear that they would be left holding the bag. Prescient thinking, it would seem.

The idea that this scandal could be contained in Cincinnati was always a little silly, but the effort to shove this down to the Queen City is about to boomerang on the White House.

Plouffe offers as a defense that no one in Obama’s orbit would be so stupid as to have directed the IRS to harass the president’s enemies. That remains to be seen. Seemingly smart people often do obviously stupid things.

But what about tacitly encouraging the harassment? What about getting wind of it but not stopping it? What about finding a helpful, ideologically aligned IRS official to slip you some sensitive tax information to use against a political enemy? Was no one on team Obama so stupid as to have done any of those things?

Team Obama is making a big bet that either none of those things happened, or if they did the wrongdoing can be kept secret until it would be less politically damaging.

As the folks in Cincinnati start to shove the blame back up the organizational chart, the fears will grow. And so will, as Plouffe’s outburst revealed, the anger.

Fear is the father of rage, and the rage against Issa suggests there is fear aplenty when it comes to the IRS scandal.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Issa is a weasel:

Note what Issa is doing. He does it all the time--start an unsubstantiated allegation with an absolute declaration ("when in fact") and follow it with weasel words ("the indication is"). This smear-and-caveat technique allows him to ruin reputations without being called a liar.

Issa is a demagogue with plausible deniability.

LOL

Fear is the father of rage, and the rage against Issa suggests there is fear aplenty when it comes to the IRS scandal.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

[QUOTE]

Whether you think they were breaking the law while all liberal groups were complete saints is irrelevent. The IRS and government cannot target entities based on political preference. ESPECIALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF AN ELECTION CYCLE!

[/QUOTE]

It's not the fact that they were conservative but that they were political groups applying for tax exempt status. THAT in itself is illegal! I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. Political speech IS taxed. You would just give them tax exempt status even thought its a crime?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

it's not the fact that they were conservative but that they were political groups applying for tax exempt status. THAT in itself is illegal! I don't understand why this is so hard to understand. Political speech IStaxed. You would just give them tax exempt status even thought its a crime?

Filing to be a 501 is a tax empt status bsed on being a non for profit.

You r political affiliation is irrelevent.

The only groups harrassed as the IRS admitted when filing for this status was entities with "PATRIOT" or "TeaParty" or other conservative named groups.

They dramatically reduced the speech of one ideoloogy while expanding the other DURING an election cycle!

Sections
Shortcuts