Even Seniors are turning on Obamacare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Even Seniors are turning on Obamacare

Seems like someone found another nice little nugget tucked into Obamcare:

"Currently, taxpayers can take a federal income tax deduction for medical expenses that exceed 7.5 percent of their adjusted gross income," a Barber aide said in explaining why the congressman wants to keep the threshold for deducting medical expenses at 7.5 percent.

"As part of health care reform, this year that threshold is to be raised to 10 percent for taxpayers under age 65. In 2017, the increase also will apply to taxpayers 65 years of age and older," a background document said.

time to repeal this dog.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Even Seniors are turning on Obamacare

In response to skeeter20's comment:

"Currently, taxpayers can take a federal income tax deduction for medical expenses that exceed 7.5 percent of their adjusted gross income," a Barber aide said in explaining why the congressman wants to keep the threshold for deducting medical expenses at 7.5 percent.

"As part of health care reform, this year that threshold is to be raised to 10 percent for taxpayers under age 65. In 2017, the increase also will apply to taxpayers 65 years of age and older," a background document said.

time to repeal this dog.

heh skeeter-

The GOP has voted to "repeal this dog" 40 times last time I checked. They voted to so much they should have just included it right after the pledge of allegiance every day they were in session.

Nice hunting though. But could you also have hunted for the provisions voters clearly want to have. For example, voters clearly want the pre-existing conditions provision to stay put. They also want other provisions such as no caps on lifetime benefits; no throwing someone off if they get sick; and being able to keep your child on through the age of 26.

I do not think you can unring the bell on these health care provisions, as well as many others.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

heh skeeter-

The GOP has voted to "repeal this dog" 40 times last time I checked. They voted to so much they should have just included it right after the pledge of allegiance every day they were in session.

You do not give up on doing the right thing!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

[QUOTE]

heh skeeter-

[/QUOTE]

tvoter,

You bet.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

time to repeal this dog.

heh skeeter-

Nice hunting though. But could you also have hunted for the provisions voters clearly want to have. For example, voters clearly want the pre-existing conditions provision to stay put. They also want other provisions such as no caps on lifetime benefits; no throwing someone off if they get sick; and being able to keep your child on through the age of 26.

I do not think you can unring the bell on these health care provisions, as well as many others.

[/QUOTE]

Nothing good in Obamacare.  It is an atrocity.

But, I hear you on not being able to unring the bell. using the term "Heath care provisions" is like nails on a chalk board, however.

as far as the provision people supposedly like:

parents are trapped into having their children on their health care until 26 because Obama has not fixed the economy. I don't view this as a desired provision as much as parents being driven into a corner, and this is what government coughs up.  So, "like" is not really the right term here.

not throwing someone off if they get sick: I question whether this really happened a lot. However, half a point ther, and you don't need Obamacare to fix that.

no caps on lifetime benefits is welfare, plain and simple.  If you want a plan without lifetime caps, buy one.  Don't saddle me with the cost of your choices.

to steal a phrase: those who are willing to give up a little freedom for a little healthcare, deserve neither.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

heh skeeter-

41st time is the charm!

Why are the Democrats standing in the way of the will of the American people?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

We all know what happens when government programs get beyond their break-in phase. They usually work.  Remember, the GOP was also against effective government programs like Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, and Workers Compensation.

It's not the failure of government programs that frightens the GOP,  it's the ever-present threat of success. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

We all know what happens when government programs get beyond their break-in phase. They usually work.  Remember, the GOP was also against effective government programs like Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Insurance, and Workers Compensation.

It's not the failure of government programs that frightens the GOP,  it's the ever-present threat of success. 

None of those programs are as effective as as free and vibrant economy.

Funny definition of success you have:legislatively and by executive order choke off everything but the government solution, and call what is left "success".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

I feel all but a small minority would like to go back to the old system of 2009. No doubt the old system needed to be tweeked, but obamacare is just a complete mess in need of a complete over hal. 

Dem's in control of all three branches of government, I hope the American people have learned their lesson.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to newman09's comment:

I feel all but a small minority would like to go back to the old system of 2009. No doubt the old system needed to be tweeked, but obamacare is just a complete mess in need of a complete over hal. 

Dem's in control of all three branches of government, I hope the American people have learned their lesson.

Get ready because its probably going to happen again. The tea partiers have done more to hurt the republican brand then bush did throughout his entire presidency. They're the reason the senate is still blue.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to RSF4Life234's comment:

Get ready because its probably going to happen again. The tea partiers have done more to hurt the republican brand then bush did throughout his entire presidency. They're the reason the senate is still blue.

Not so sure, Obamacare is going to hurt them in 2014. Also after two terms of a democrat Presisident the American people will be getting democrat fatigue. IMO.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

The american people want it fixed, not repealed, by a pretty good margin...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Dems control the Supreme Court?

Really?!?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

[QUOTE]

None of those programs are as effective as as free and vibrant economy.

[/QUOTE]

Right.

Because a "free and vibrant economy" (whatever that is) should be able to let its old people starve homeless without medical care and fire people who get sick or injured on the job.

"Free" for whom, exactly...?? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Because a "free and vibrant economy" (whatever that is) should be able to let its old people starve homeless without medical care and fire people who get sick or injured on the job.

Throw out the meaningless democrat platform fear tactic lies in ^^^ post and you end up with; "free and vibrant economy"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Throw out the meaningless democrat platform fear tactic lies in ^^^ post and you end up with; "free and vibrant economy"

Blame skeeter.  He's the one throwing out meaningless platitudes like "free and vibrant economy"...

...which is neither "free" nor "vibrant" when so many people are excluded from the health care market, BTW.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

The american people want it fixed, not repealed, by a pretty good margin...

[/QUOTE]

Show us.  I don't believe you.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

[QUOTE]Dem's in control of all three branches of government

Uh...what?

Obama is a Democrat, yes.

Democrats have a senate majority, yes, but Rs have a house majority. So that's balanced.

The Supreme Court has 4 lib, 4 con, 1 swing justice...  

What you talkin' bout?

[/QUOTE]

Tbe republicans control one out of three branches of government.  That's not balanced.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

Uh...what?

Democrats have a senate majority, yes, but Rs have a house majority. So that's balanced.

What you talkin' bout?

[/QUOTE]

Tbe republicans control one out of three branches of government.  That's not balanced.

[/QUOTE]

skeeter,

Three branches of government.

The Democrats control the Executive branch.

Congress is bi-chamberal. The GOP controls the House; The Democrats control the Senate. Neither party controls Congress right now.

As for the Judicial branch, you are looking at it as conservative, liberal and a swing vote versus by party. Again, split 4-4-1 pretty much.

Looking at the above, our federal government is currently pretty balanced.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uh...what?

What you talkin' bout?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

skeeter,

Three branches of government.

The Democrats control the Executive branch.

Congress is bi-chamberal. The GOP controls the House; The Democrats control the Senate. Neither party controls Congress right now.

As for the Judicial branch, you are looking at it as conservative, liberal and a swing vote versus by party. Again, split 4-4-1 pretty much.

Looking at the above, our federal government is currently pretty balanced.

[/QUOTE]

bad typing on my part. I meant to say one half of one of three branches.

and, government works best for the people if it is balanced enough to be gridlocked.

Sections
Shortcuts