Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : IMO, it looks like the cops took Zimmerman at his word and didn't do anything that may have contradicted that story. They drug tested the victim but not the shooter. That's just sooo freakin obviously prejudiced that it, by itself, should bring the wrath of the Justice Dept down on the police force. It may be too late for this shooting but it isn't too late to send a message to the 'good ole boy' cop network that if you don't take every shooting seriously and run it by the book then there's a price to pay.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

Somehow it is relevant to some that Martin had been suspended from school for having an empty bag of pot in his backpack but it isn't relevant that Zimmerman had placed some 50+ calls to the PD in the past year reporting suspicious behavior, open windows, etc....

Now being reported that the lead homicide detective wanted to charge Zimmerman the night of the shooting but was overruled by DA for fear of not being able to get a conviction.  Translation, lawyers don't like to try cases unless they are air tight, and when there is a law in place that makes shooting unarmed people a gray area, it is hard to have an air tight case. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Camelwalk. Show Camelwalk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Right! Ignoring the fact there is an eyewitness who spoke to the police that night and said he saw Martin jump Zimmerman from behind as Zimmerman was walking towards his vehicle. I didn't say he was innocent of anything. I have maintained and still do that all the facts are not known. Unlike you and others, I will reserve my calls for guilt or innocence until all the facts are out. I will also not pick and choose the "facts" I want to believe.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Liberals don't care about facts.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

What Everyone Needs To Know About The Smear Campaign Against Trayvon Martin (1995-2012)

<>

Trayvon Martin, as he appeared on his actual Facebook page

Over the last 48 hours, there has been a sustained effort to smear Trayvon Martin, the 17-year old African-American who was shot dead by George Zimmerman a month ago. Martin’s mother, Sybrina Fulton, said, “They killed my son, now they’re trying to kill his reputation.”

Thus far these attacks have fallen into two categories: false and irrelevant. Much of this leaked information seems intended to play into stereotypes about young African-American males. Here’s what everyone should know:

1. Prominent conservative websites published fake photos of Martin. Twitchy, a new website run by prominent conservative blogger Michelle Malkin, promoted a photo — purportedly from Martin’s Facebook page — that shows Martin in saggy pants and flipping the bird. The photo, which spread quickly on conservative websites and Twitter, is intended to paint Martin as a thug. As Twitchy later acknowledged, it is not a photo of Trayvon Martin. [Examiner]

2. The Sanford Police selectively leaked irrelevant, negative information about Martin. The authorities told the Orlando Sentinel this morning that Trayvon was suspended from school for ten days “after being found with an empty marijuana baggie.” There is no evidence that Martin was under the influence of drugs at the time of his death, nor would prior possession of marijuana be a reason for killing him. It’s unclear what the relevance of the leak was, other than to smear Martin. [Orlando Sentinel]

3. On Fox News, Geraldo said that Martin was dressed “like a wannabe gangster.” Bill O’Reilly agreed with him. The sole evidence is that Martin was wearing a hoodie. Geraldo added that “everyone that ever stuck up a convenience store” was wearing a hoodie. [ThinkProgress;The Blaze]

4. Without any evidence, prominent right-wing bloggers suggested that Martin was a drug dealer. Right-wing blogger Dan Riehl advances the theory, also advanced in a widely linked peice on a site called Wagist. There does not appear to be any evidence to support this claim whatsoever. [Riehl World View]

5. Without any evidence, a right-wing columnist alleged that Martin assaulted a bus driver.Unlike Zimmerman, Trayvon has no documented history of violence. This allegation continues to be advanced by a blogger on the Examiner even after the real reason was leaked to the police and confirmed by the family. [Miami Herald; Examiner]

6. Zimmerman’s friend says Martin was to blame because he was disrespectful to Zimmerman. Zimmerman’s friend Joe Oliver said that Martin would not have been shot to death if Trayvon had just said “I’m staying with my parents.” Of course, Zimmerman was not a police officer, and Trayvon had no duty to tell him who he was or where he was going. [NBC News]

The final part of the effort to smear Trayvon Martin is to link him and his supporters to irresponsible fringe groups like the New Black Panthers and marginal provocateurs like Louis Farrakhan. Threats by these groups are serious and should be investigated, but they have nothing to do with Martin or his supporters. The leader of the effort to associate Martin with these groups is Matt Drudge.

Ultimately, whether Martin was a perfect person is irrelevant to whether Zimmerman’s conduct that night was justified. Clearly, there are two different versions of the events that transpired on February 26, the night Trayvon was killed. There are conflicting statements by witnesses and conflicting evidence as to who was the aggressor. Zimmerman has the right to tell his side of the story. But his opportunity to do this will come in a court of law after he is charged and arrested. In the meantime, Zimmerman’s supporters should stop trying to smear the reputation of a dead, 17-year-old boy.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In the meantime, Zimmerman’s supporters should stop trying to smear the reputation of a dead, 17-year-old boy.

I agree and would add the same about Mr. Zimmerman. Let the Grand Jury do their job. If they find it was not justified, put him away.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Now you're just making crappe up. There was no witness who saw Martin 'launch an attack'. "There have been no reports that a witness saw the initial punch Zimmerman told police about." http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-03-26/news/os-trayvon-martin-zimmerman-account-20120326_1_miami-schools-punch-unarmed-black-teenager
    Yea your right! The reporter who spoke to the eyewitness said he corroborated Zimmerman's story. That was after going through a detailed run through of his side. Sorry I thought that meant the whole story!

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

It looks like the RW wingnuts on this site have been once again shown to be foolish and liars and willing to do anything to support the murderer,,, Zimmerman....

Film of Zimmerman was displayed on ABC and MSNBC - Zimmerman is being brought in and in NO WAY at ALL had any related injuries or describeddamage to the back of his head - not even an abrasion can be noticed. At this time based on his story and the film and the 9/11 tape - there is no reason Zimmerman should not be sitting comfortably in a jail cell.

Here's the film from ABC so don't blame "liberal media" - the film was released by the police department on request

http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerman-police-surveillance-16024475

What makes these RW'ers on this site so disgusting is their quick williness to only believe the person with the gun or the person who is "white" or whatever mixed or hispanic....the point is that the RW will never ever follow the facts...just defend the gun wielder. The minority or the victim is always the bad person.....just about every time.
    Additional thoughts on the conservative smear bubble of which the RW'ers here will not exit and continue to believe there is no issue here.......this article explains some of the efforts going on to trash a dead young man who was killed in the face of their beloved gun owner

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/03/26/why-conservatives-are-smearing-trayvon-martin-s-reputation.html

All of you need to seriously rethink your BS and seriously consider tangible facts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]It looks like the RW wingnuts on this site have been once again shown to be foolish and liars and willing to do anything to support the murderer,,, Zimmerman.... Film of Zimmerman was displayed on ABC and MSNBC - Zimmerman is being brought in and in NO WAY at ALL had any related injuries or describeddamage to the back of his head - not even an abrasion can be noticed. At this time based on his story and the film and the 9/11 tape - there is no reason Zimmerman should not be sitting comfortably in a jail cell. Here's the film from ABC so don't blame "liberal media" - the film was released by the police department on request http://abcnews.go.com/US/video/george-zimmerman-police-surveillance-16024475 What makes these RW'ers on this site so disgusting is their quick williness to only believe the person with the gun or the person who is "white" or whatever mixed or hispanic....the point is that the RW will never ever follow the facts...just defend the gun wielder. The minority or the victim is always the bad person.....just about every time. All of you need to seriously rethink your BS
    Posted by dcr400m[/QUOTE]

dcr400m:

I saw that film tonight. I was astonished that the tapes that were released so contradict Zimmerman's account as well as accounts from the police as to the shape they found Zimmerman in.

The back of his head which he claimed had been pounded several times against concrete was absolutely unmussed...no signs supporting his account. His jacket, which he had on during his version of the altercation in wet grass was in perfect shape.

The police did not even confiscate his clothing as evidence.

His father, a former judge, appeared in shadow, and gave a self serving staement of his son's account of the incident. He said that (140 lb) Martin (Skittles in one hand, and a soft drink in the other) faced his (250 lb) son, with a gun in a holster, and told him, "Tonight you are going to die".

The night of the incident, when Zimmerman was questioned, he never ever said Martin faced him and told him tonight you are going to die, or anything to that effect.

The only question after a month since Martin's death, is why is Zimmerman not isncustody and been charged? Then let the judicial system take its course.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Broken nose and cuts on the back of the head huh?  Pathetic.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]Broken nose and cuts on the back of the head huh?  Pathetic.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Thesemenarecowards:

Hopefully the release of these tapes clearly contradicting the story Zimmerman gave about his bleeding nose, cuts to the back of his head, etc., will force the D.A.'s hand to finally charge this man and let justice finally move forward.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : All that anyone was doing here as far as I can tell was looking for some facts. What is wrong with that?? Does it upset your stereotypes? How many times has the press got these things wrong??? Do you remember Charles Stuart? Tawana Brawley etc. Certainly that video tape does not back up the police report. If you took the time to read instead of hyperventilate because some people just don't swallow craap they are fed by the media, you would have read some skepticism about the police report and police reports in general. You would have read that it was a discussion of evidence not some jumpt o conclusions before the facts are in. Try to think for yourself sometime instead of bleating like the mindless sheep you are (a morsel for WDYWN).
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

Newster:

I remember Charles Stuart. I will always remember Charles Stuart because for among other reasons his murdered wife , Carol DiMaiti Stuart was a friend of mine. I was living in Boson with my husband, and practicing law, when the police tore up the city, specifically Mission Hill, looking for the fictitious black man who had murdered my friend. I was in NYC, on vacation with my husband, getting ready to leave to see a Broadway show, when on the television the news came that the had found Charles Stuart's body. I watched as they fished his body out of the water, after he jumped off the Tobin Bridge, rather than face the consequences of what he had done.

Now, after the release of the tapes, a month after Martin was killed by Zimmerman, all I am asking, all a whole lot of people are asking, is when are they finally going to take George Zimmerman into custody, charge him, and let the justice system begin to move forward again.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

[QUOTE]Although the tapes aren't conclusive they are very damaging to the 'official' story. It is curious that the whacko wingnuts who are defending the 'official' story are the same wingnuts who think gov't is corrupt and inept. I guess if the gov't allows you to gun down unarmed black teenagers or invoke capital punishment, some wingnuts become gov't 'believers'. So much for that 'right-to-life' and anti-gov't crappe the wingnuts keep throwing around. Apparently their 'beliefs' come with an asterisk.

There is also federal legislation being pushed by conservatives (NRA poodles) which would force states to recognize concealed gun permits from other states....including states that barely have any standards for granting such permits.  Put an asterisk next to their states rights bull crappe too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]Although the tapes aren't conclusive they are very damaging to the 'official' story. It is curious that the whacko wingnuts who are defending the 'official' story are the same wingnuts who think gov't is corrupt and inept. I guess if the gov't allows you to gun down unarmed black teenagers or invoke capital punishment, some wingnuts become gov't 'believers'. So much for that 'right-to-life' and anti-gov't crappe the wingnuts keep throwing around. Apparently their 'beliefs' come with an asterisk.

airborne:

Very well said. Thank you.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : There is also federal legislation being pushed by conservatives (NRA poodles) which would force states to recognize concealed gun permits from other states....including states that barely have any standards for granting such permits.  Put an asterisk next to their states rights bull crappe too.
    Posted by UserName99[/QUOTE]

UserName99:

This is absolutely true. Great point, UserName99. Also very well said. Thank you.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

I agree with Airborne, the tape is not conclusive but it does not help Zimmerman's account.  

You really cannot see obvious injuries from the surveillance tape, but broken noses sometimes do not show a lot of visual trauma.  And, the surveillance tape does not have sufficient resolution for the viewer to determine if there are abrasions on the back of his head.  

It would be interesting to know if the Police Department photo-documented his injuries while he was in custody.  

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE] What makes these RW'ers on this site so disgusting is their quick williness to only believe the person with the gun or the person who is "white" or whatever mixed or hispanic.
    Posted by dcr400m[/QUOTE]
    ROTFLMAOAY - We don't quickly believe the half-white President!

No one here that I saw was saying Zimmerman was innocent. We said wait until all the evidence is presented. And you point out another piece of the puzzle that JUST came out 1 month after the fact! See how things happen!
    The funny part for me is the liberals and Sharpton and NBP's who have been screaming about the police not arresting him or taking him into custody! The video shows PLAINLY they did take him in to the police station AND they had handcuffs on him!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : ROTFLMAOAY - We don't quickly believe the half-white President! No one here that I saw was saying Zimmerman was innocent. We said wait until all the evidence is presented. And you point out another piece of the puzzle that JUST came out 1 month after the fact! See how things happen! The funny part for me is the liberals and Sharpton and NBP's who have been screaming about the police not arresting him or taking him into custody! The video shows PLAINLY they did take him in to the police station AND they had handcuffs on him!
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Arrest as in charge with a crime, keep in custody, etc.... Why do you insist on muddying the waters with half-truths and falsehoods?  Putting someone in cuffs for half an hour doesn't usually suffice when there is a dead body.

The guy killed the kid.  The facts have been clear for most impartial, non agenda driven observers for some time now.  And predictably, the more facts that come out, what was clear all along just becomes clearer.