Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case:
    [QUOTE]The one thing I know for sure, Zimmerman never should have followed Martin to begin with. He should have followed orders not to and waited for the cops to arrive.
    Posted by msobstinate99[/QUOTE]

Which for the logical has the been the point all along.  Look at where the shooting took place, it was not near the road, so clearly Zimmerman pursued Martin a good distance away from his vehicle.  If anyone was acting in self defense it was the person being pursued.

Nice Law Jeb. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Republicans in Congress want to nationalize concealed gun laws to make it easier to give their low info base(tea party) a false sense of manhood, and distract them from the fact that GOP policies are stripping them of a real foundation -economic security.  The GOP elite gives them a phallic symbol and they are happy and feel powerful, when what they really need is decent income from a decent job. 'Let them eat cake' has been replaced by 'let them shoot each other.' 

It is no coincidence that Grover Norquist sits on the board of the NRA, who own these republicans in Congress.  What a sad party.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]Republicans in Congress want to nationalize concealed gun laws to make it easier to give their low info base(tea party) a false sense of manhood, and distract them from the fact that GOP policies are stripping them of a real foundation -economic security.  The GOP elite gives them a phallic symbol and they are happy and feel powerful, when what they really need is decent income from a decent job. 'Let them eat cake' has been replaced by 'let them shoot each other.'  It is no coincidence that Grover Norquist sits on the board of the NRA, who own these republicans in Congress.  What a sad party.
    Posted by UserName99[/QUOTE]

UserName99:

Interesting analogy UserName 99. Let us not forget that the NRA is also pushing to have these STAND YOUR GROUND laws adopted in all 50 states. So, what the NRA would consider Nirvana is our country with a national concealed gun law as well as all 50 states having a Stand Your Ground Law, among other agendas. Oh, what a wonderful world Grover Norquist and the NRA wants for us and our children.

Not while I still have breath in my body.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : UserName99: Interesting analogy UserName 99. Let us not forget that the NRA is also pushing to have these STAND YOUR GROUND laws adopted in all 50 states. So, what the NRA would consider Nirvana is our country with a national concealed gun law as well as all 50 states having a Stand Your Ground Law, among other agendas. Oh, what a wonderful world Grover Norquist and the NRA wants for us and our children. Not while I still have breath in my body.
    Posted by andiejen[/QUOTE]

Agreed....Its long overdue for democrats to take a real stand and expose the lunacy of the NRA.  They are no longer concerned with gun safety.  Spreading fear, and gun sales are their business now.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Republicans in Congress want to nationalize concealed gun laws to make it easier to give their low info base(tea party) a false sense of manhood, and distract them from the fact that GOP policies are stripping them of a real foundation -economic security.  The GOP elite gives them a phallic symbol and they are happy and feel powerful, when what they really need is decent income from a decent job. 'Let them eat cake' has been replaced by 'let them shoot each other.'  It is no coincidence that Grover Norquist sits on the board of the NRA, who own these republicans in Congress.  What a sad party.
    Posted by UserName99[/QUOTE]

Black helicopters are circling you current location.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Did anyone notice that Zimmerman was a registered Democrat with a gun, that fact seems to go unnoticed or discussed.

Correction:

He is a WHITE Hispanic.

He is a CONSERVATIVE Democrat.

He NEVER wears a hoodie.

Stick with the template the left has set up for this, and it will go easier on us law abiding citizens.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Wow, so some are concerned with Zimmerman's politcal affiliation?  In what universe does that matter?  You bottom feeders are like flies to S##T. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : I only brought it up because of Usernames comment... Agreed....Its long overdue for democrats to take a real stand and expose the lunacy of the NRA.  They are no longer concerned with gun safety.  Spreading fear, and gun sales are their business now. Zimmerman was a Democrat carrying a gun.

Those comments were about Gun Laws and everyone knows the NRA backs the GOP.  It has no relevence to how Zimmerman votes.  Bottom feeder.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : ROTFLMAOAY - We don't quickly believe the half-white President! No one here that I saw was saying Zimmerman was innocent. We said wait until all the evidence is presented. And you point out another piece of the puzzle that JUST came out 1 month after the fact! See how things happen! The funny part for me is the liberals and Sharpton and NBP's who have been screaming about the police not arresting him or taking him into custody! The video shows PLAINLY they did take him in to the police station AND they had handcuffs on him!
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

If you want to parse words....ok he was brought in, <no status as if he was officiallly arrested...just handcuffed />, he wasn't arraigned nor was he held. The people who speak about him bering arrested MAY (can't read minds) be thinking that an ARREST may mean detained. They MAY mean booked. I don't know but if you want to think that bringing him in the way he was and then released WITH THE GUN and with the video that he was certainly not brought in as any police procedure would require - meant he "wasn't arrested" - Sure, hang on that but its sure a sorry spot to place one's self.

The rest about justice...sure let it roll - Sharpton and others have only been speaking about justice, not revenge, not race-baiting - if you see otherwise, I know you are watching with RW "bubble eyes".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : So the simple fact he had a gun makes him guilty in your book? I am not saying he isn't guilty or an A-h0le I just prefer to wait for all the facts to make a judgement.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Pursuing a person with no authority may in fact have triggered Trayvon's only self-defense rights - Zimmerman (logically to all but many of you) waived self defense when he was told to stand down but decided to pursue. That is a fact thanks to the call. It is NOT a hate crime until one can determine if that same statement if he used the racial epithet many believe he made but has not been proven without a shadow of a doubt. I don't think its a hate crime (yet) but the behavior from conservatives and the right wing who have done everything they can to attack the victim....yeah thats racism ....as it has malice.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Those comments were about Gun Laws and everyone knows the NRA backs the GOP.  It has no relevence to how Zimmerman votes.  Bottom feeder.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

These are simply efforts to be more concern troll in their response. To distract from anything but the incident is most likely an effort to do so. Sean Hannity was one of the worst people who help lead many into this behavior as Fox will perform (and is performing) its natural state which is to blame anyone not supporting views the channel represents.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

[QUOTE]There is also a smear campaign against the alledged perp, Zimmerman. There are also criminal conspiracies being promoted against him which is ironic since many have claimed Martin was the victim of a vigilante. In the end all that matters are facts, if they can be ascertained. It appears the police messed up big time regardless of what one may think of what went on. Now we have numerous elements of the Martin supporters out trying to make money using his name, including his own mother and some have even pointed to the President's campaign suddenly offering an Obama hoodie for sale. There's plenty of bad shiite going around on all sides of this. As you say, ultimately whether Martin was perfect or not has nothing to do with the key elements of the case.  I do not see how your list supporting Martin's virtues has anything to do with it either.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

People tried to make money (sadly) off 9/11 - However, as one of the most ridiculous concern trolls here on this forum - I don't recall the fact that Zimmerman shot an unarmed black teenager after being told to stand down by 911 included issues of profit or virtue - virtue doesn't fire a bullet. Your false concern about a topic you certainly care nothing about is laughable.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

It’s been more than a month since Trayvon Martin was shot dead by George Zimmerman. 

ABC News released video footage of Zimmerman arriving at the police station. The video depicts a cleanly-shaven man who “shows no blood or bruises” on his body.

While media coverage of the case has been intense, there are several key questions that have yet to be answered about the case. Here are five of the most important:

1. What was the purported “conflict” that required the initial prosecutor to step down? On March 22 — after several weeks on the job — state attorney Norm Wolfinger stepped down from his role as prosecutor in the Trayvon Martin case. Wolfinger relinquished his post after meeting with Florida Gov. Rick Scott and Attorney General Pam Bondi. He said it was necessary for him to step aside to preserve “the integrity of this investigation,” adding he wanted to avoid “the appearance of a conflict of interest.” He did not explain why his continued involvement would damage the integrity of the case or explain the potential conflict he was seeking to avoid. Did anyone at the prosecutor’s office know Zimmerman or his family? [Orlando Sentinel]

2. Why did the prosecutor ignore the recommendations of the lead homicide investigator? ABC News reported that Chris Serino, the lead homicide investigator on the Trayvon Martin case, recommended that Zimmerman be charged with manslaughter on the night of the shooting. Serino filed an affidavit that night stating “he was unconvinced Zimmerman’s version of events.” As the lead homicide investigator, Serino was: 1. In the best position to evaluate Zimmerman’s credibility, and 2. Intimately familiar with Florida law. Why was he ignored? [ABC News]

3. Why did then-Police Chief Bill Lee make public statements directly contradicting the official recommendations of the police department? On the day the Sanford Police concluded their investigation and handed over the case to the prosecutor, then-Police Chief Bill Lee stated publicly that there was no “probable cause” to arrest or charge Zimmerman. (Lee has subsequently “temporarily” stepped down from his post.) But the Miami Herald reports that on the same day the Sanford Police formally requested that the prosecutor charge Zimmerman, something known as a “capias” request. [ThinkProgress]

4. Who leaked Trayvon Martin’s school records? As public outrage increased, Zimmerman’s sympathizers launched a smear campaign against Trayvon Martin. This included details of several occasions where Martin was suspended for minor infractions (defacing a locker, possessing an empty “marijuana baggie.”) None of the information seemed to have any particular relevance to the night Trayvon Martin was shot to death. Was this a ham-handed attempt by the police or the prosecutor to defend their lack of action against Zimmerman? The Sanford City Manager announced he would launch an independent investigation into the source of the leak. [Miami HeraldNBC12]

5. Why was Trayvon Martin’s body tagged as a John Doe? The Washington Post’s Jonathan Capehart notes a police report “that was completed at 3:07 a.m. on Feb. 27 lists Trayvon’s full name, city of birth, address and phone number.” But yet, Trayvon’s body was reportedly “tagged as a John Doe” and his father wasn’t informed of his death until after he filed a missing person report later on the 27th. Why weren’t Trayvon Martin’s parents contacted immediately after the police confirmed his identity? [Washington Post]

Special prosecutor Angela Corey has promised to release additional information about the case once she makes a decision about whether to charge Zimmerman, something that could happen any day now.

These are the five key questions regarding the death of Trayon Martin that have still not been answered.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : That wasn't the intention. Somewhere in this or one of the other threads, people were screaming about why "the media" wasn't talking about any other black people who were killed. No. But a number of people seem to think that talking about it is "the race card."
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I'm outraged this happened; even if you take Zimmerman's word on the issue there was an unnecessary escalation of violence between him and Martin that lead to an unnecessary death. 

What I don't understand is the outrage and immediate attempt to turn this into a stereotypical racial incident.  If anything racially motivated attacks and deaths seem to be down relative to decades before but an epidemic of black on black crime just doesn't seem to engage the activists and that is truly sad. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Turn it into? First, what turned a lot of people on was the ambiguous word used in the 911 call. Second, you've got a guy immediately finding an unarmed black kid with a hoodie suspicious, chasing him down despite being told not to... ...something happens... ...and the unarmed black kid has a hole through his chest. Why is it so unreasonable to suspect racial motivation? This doesn't mean that Zimmerman hates black people. It can simply be referring to why he found a black kid talking on a cell phone so damn suspicious. Hell I see similar things just about every day on the train. White boy with hoodie slouches in seat, and people simply try not to pay attention. Black boy with hoodies slouches in seat, and people act like they're afraid of him.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Yes I said it it into a racial issue; where is your sense of due process or do you just have convenient Spike Lee or Doprah outrage because the story meets your biases?  If anything I think people are more uneasy with a hoodie hoodlum look then the racial issues.  Just watch the 6:00 news, how often do you see the crappy video from behind the counter of a convenience store with a robber with a hoodie.

Have you noticed the signs in most banks that require the removal of hats, hoodies and sun glasses to be served?  Are these hate signs, are they responsible for reinforcing a stereotype?

I read an opinion piece by Bill Bennett (link below) after I made my post this morning.  It's the most even handed article I've read to date on this case.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/30/opinion/bennett-trayvon-martin/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

25. This post has been removed.