Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

Though there have been nearly 200 attempts, they have never been able to pass an anti federal lynching law in our country. And the "stand your ground" law in Florida as well as in several other states has led to what some feel is "legalized murder" in the U.S.

The below link leads to an article that discusses 9 separate cases that demonstrate that even in the 21st century, it is still not safe for people of color to walk the streets in some areas of our country.

http://www.alternet.org/story/154756/it%27s_not_just_trayvon%3A_9_other_cases_that_prove_people_of_color_can%27t_safely_walk_the_streets_of_america?akid=8512.1077246.TzUCDf&rd=1&t=16

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Any person can follow any other just for the joy of it? Try this on for size:  General Laws Chapter 265 Section 43A. (a) Whoever willfully and maliciously engages in a knowing pattern of conduct or series of acts over a period of time directed at a specific person, which seriously alarms that person and would cause a reasonable person to suffer substantial emotional distress, shall be guilty of the crime of criminal harassment and shall be punished by imprisonment in a house of correction for not more than 21/2 years or by a fine of not more than $1,000, or by both such fine and imprisonment. So it depends on intent, pattern of conduct and a reasonable reaction of distress.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]
    Sure. See What and my posts a while ago. Anyone can follow anyone. You just need to be careful. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Sure. See What and my posts a while ago. Anyone can follow anyone. You just need to be careful. 
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

You have to be "careful" when you stalk and harass someone?  That's your advice?  How about don't engage in the practice and live and let live?  Maybe that kid would be alive if Zimmerman accepted that credo instead of yours.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Eric Holder, Jr., for the first time, has addressed the Trayvon Martin case. He discussed it in a meeting with 150 black ministers that had been set far prior to discuss housing issues, civil rights issues among others.

As the meeting went on, of course, outside the White House, there are still massive crowd protests regarding the killing of the seventeen year old youth.

For those interested in more on this, they can use the below link.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case :Many (most) people on this very board get their NEWS from Comedy Central.  Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

I doubt that very much.  I watch Stewart and Colbert because they're funny, not because they're a 'source' for news.  But then, I'm in on the joke.

I'm quite capable of seeing through the 95% of dissonance on tv news in general, but I just don't have the time or patience, so I go elsewhere.

On the other hand, how many folks here watch only foxnews...??

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : I doubt that very much.  I watch Stewart and Colbert because they're funny, not because they're a 'source' for news.  But then, I'm in on the joke. I'm quite capable of seeing through the 95% of dissonance on tv news in general, but I just don't have the time or patience, so I go elsewhere. On the other hand, how many folks here watch only foxnews...??
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

I avoid the network news; but I do catch Fox Local at 10:00, I like Maria's boots.  I'll catch CCN a couple of times aweek and generally I watch the MCLaughlin group because I set it on my DVR.  I primarily get my news from the web.  I do listen to NPR during my long commute, but one can only take so much and then I surf am for traffic and local news.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]Rev Al will do anything for attention...if he incites riots will he be prosecuted???  It's his intention to cause violence in the streets. 
    Posted by macnh1[/QUOTE]

This is the same kind of crap people used to say about MLK Jr. and his causes.

Nice to see how far we've come.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : This is the same kind of crap people used to say about MLK Jr. and his causes. Nice to see how far we've come.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Thesemenarecowards:

Of course it is. We both know the history. For him to state as fact what the intentions of Al Sharpton are is to reasonable minded people perplexing. What evidence do he have of Sharpton's motives to ascribe your "fact"? Do he have any, or is this just merely his opinion and therefore should have been written, "It is my opinion that the Rev. Al Sharpton intends to incite violence."

And , if IN HIS OPINION that is Sharpton's intent, he should have followed up his premise with what he based his OPINION upon.

Otherwise, his post harkens back to the days of MLK,Jr., and does comes off as biased speculation on his part IMO.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

http://www.care2.com/causes/screaming-on-911-tape-not-zimmerman-experts.html

The above link leads to a story that includes the 911 call a woman made the night Trayvon Martin was killed.

http://www.care2.com/causes/geraldo-rivera-apologizes-to-trayvon-martins-parents.html

Also, Geraldo Rivera of Fox News has apologized to Martin's parents for saying the fact that their son was wearing a hoodie is as much responsible for his death as is George Zimmerman.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : You have to be "careful" when you stalk and harass someone?  That's your advice?  How about don't engage in the practice and live and let live?  Maybe that kid would be alive if Zimmerman accepted that credo instead of yours.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]
    He didn't stalk or harass. Those are your additions. He was a neighborhood WATCH who was WATCHING someone he deemed suspicious! Now we hear the TRUE 911 call and he wasn't even sure he was black at first nor was he the first to mention race!
    In my neighborhood, I have approached several strange people, cars and trucks to ascertain their reason for being in my neighborhood. I have followed them down the street when I thought they were there for ill intent. That is 100% legal and frankly our moral duty to our children and neighbors!
    You do know that most thieves case neighborhoods before robbing right? When they are not challenged, they see an easy mark. Child rapists case neighborhoods also before they strike with the same ideas. If they are challenged by an adult, they run and never come back! So if they jump me and beat me, in your opinion it is my fault? Really Reuben?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.care2.com/causes/screaming-on-911-tape-not-zimmerman-experts.html The above link leads to a story that includes the 911 call a woman made the night Trayvon Martin was killed. http://www.care2.com/causes/geraldo-rivera-apologizes-to-trayvon-martins-parents.html Also, Geraldo Rivera of Fox News has apologized to Martin's parents for saying the fact that their son was wearing a hoodie is as much responsible for his death as is George Zimmerman.
    Posted by andiejen[/QUOTE]
    And Fox should have. That was as stupid a statement as Reubens "if he wasn't following him..." BS. The facts are starting to come out and it appears to get more and more clouded as to intention and what actually happened. What we do know is it isn't as cut and dry as Sharpton and NBC have tried to make it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : He didn't stalk or harass. Those are your additions. He was a neighborhood WATCH who was WATCHING someone he deemed suspicious! Now we hear the TRUE 911 call and he wasn't even sure he was black at first nor was he the first to mention race! In my neighborhood, I have approached several strange people, cars and trucks to ascertain their reason for being in my neighborhood. I have followed them down the street when I thought they were there for ill intent. That is 100% legal and frankly our moral duty to our children and neighbors! You do know that most thieves case neighborhoods before robbing right? When they are not challenged, they see an easy mark. Child rapists case neighborhoods also before they strike with the same ideas. If they are challenged by an adult, they run and never come back! So if they jump me and beat me, in your opinion it is my fault? Really Reuben?
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Your assertions about what is and isn't harrassment, intimidation and stalking are just wrong.  In your world we are all "standing our ground" all the time.

It is your "moral duty to your children and neighborhood" to track people around your neighborhood.  Newsflash, this was a KID in his NEIGHBORHOOD who was tracked down.  I can't even begin to comprehend the ignorance and hypocrisy that is necessary to maintain this position. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Many questions still remain more than a month after the killing of seventeen year old Trayon Martin.

But now that several prominent black leaders have ascribed race as one of the reasons that led to the death of the seventen year old, the convervative right wing media is out is full force in a backlash against these leaders in an attempt to discredit and silence them.

http://www.alternet.org/story/154856/right-wing_media_are_the_ones_playing_the_%22race_card%22_over_trayvon_martin%27s_death?akid=8530.1077246.LtYGCl&rd=1&t=25

The above link leads to article of several examples of this.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]Disgusting. ______________ ORLANDO, Fla. -- It was Erik Wemple's blog that first clued me in to the Today Show screw-up. The gist: One of the first segments on George Zimmerman's final 911 call made a context-shredding edit. Here was the conversation between Zimmerman and a dispatcher. Zimmerman: This guy looks like he’s up to no good. Or he’s on drugs or something. It’s raining and he’s just walking around, looking about. Dispatcher: OK, and this guy — is he black, white or Hispanic? Zimmerman: He looks black. And here was what Today ran. This guy looks like he’s up to no good... He looks black. [continues] http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2012/04/05/nbc_s_botch_job_on_zimmerman.html
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

and let's not forget how ABC fuzzy"d up the video and had a story leader running across Zimmerman's head to obscure any sign of contusions to his his.

The story isn't as simple as the Left's Conventional Wisdom folks would like.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Your assertions about what is and isn't harrassment, intimidation and stalking are just wrong.  In your world we are all "standing our ground" all the time. It is your "moral duty to your children and neighborhood" to track people around your neighborhood.  Newsflash, this was a KID in his NEIGHBORHOOD who was tracked down.  I can't even begin to comprehend the ignorance and hypocrisy that is necessary to maintain this position. 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]
    "Track" no. Follow when they are driving around and acting suspicious? Darn right! The kid wasn't in HIS neighborhood! He was in a neighborhood where his father, stepmother and step brother lived! Or did he commute 250 miles each way to school every day? He went HS in Miami. He was visiting his father and stepmother.
    "I can't even begin to comprehend" you should have stopped there because you are obviously blinded by something!

Sections
Shortcuts