Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : "Track" no. Follow when they are driving around and acting suspicious? Darn right! The kid wasn't in HIS neighborhood! He was in a neighborhood where his father, stepmother and step brother lived! Or did he commute 250 miles each way to school every day? He went HS in Miami. He was visiting his father and stepmother. " I can't even begin to comprehend " you should have stopped there because you are obviously blinded by something!
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

brat13:

With all the divorces, parsing this as not HIS neighborhood because this is the neighborhood a seventeen year old's FATHER, STEPMOTHER and STEPMOTHER lives is stretching "his neighborhood" beyond belief.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : He didn't stalk or harass. Those are your additions. He was a neighborhood WATCH who was WATCHING someone he deemed suspicious! Now we hear the TRUE 911 call and he wasn't even sure he was black at first nor was he the first to mention race! In my neighborhood, I have approached several strange people, cars and trucks to ascertain their reason for being in my neighborhood. I have followed them down the street when I thought they were there for ill intent. That is 100% legal and frankly our moral duty to our children and neighbors! You do know that most thieves case neighborhoods before robbing right? When they are not challenged, they see an easy mark. Child rapists case neighborhoods also before they strike with the same ideas. If they are challenged by an adult, they run and never come back! So if they jump me and beat me, in your opinion it is my fault? Really Reuben?
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Funny how black kids keep on getting deemed "suspicious" and "dangerous" and end up dead when they were in fact neither of those two. Paranoia is now good policy according to you. You confront someone who is lawfully walking down the street you can expect a negative reaction. It is assaultive behavior. And I think if it was a white guy walking and a black guy pulled up in a car to confront him you would be arguing this issue very differently if the white walker was killed. Think about it. Why are you making excuses for a guy who killed an innocent kid?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : He didn't stalk or harass. Those are your additions. He was a neighborhood WATCH who was WATCHING someone he deemed suspicious! Now we hear the TRUE 911 call and he wasn't even sure he was black at first nor was he the first to mention race! In my neighborhood, I have approached several strange people, cars and trucks to ascertain their reason for being in my neighborhood. I have followed them down the street when I thought they were there for ill intent. That is 100% legal and frankly our moral duty to our children and neighbors! You do know that most thieves case neighborhoods before robbing right? When they are not challenged, they see an easy mark. Child rapists case neighborhoods also before they strike with the same ideas. If they are challenged by an adult, they run and never come back! So if they jump me and beat me, in your opinion it is my fault? Really Reuben?
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

Brat, wrong as usual

The family has said he was on an errand to a store, there is NO, NONE, NADA, etc. proof  that Zimmerman was doing Neighborhood watch duties - Neighborhood watch people are NOT supposed to try to capture people nor contain them even with your bogus "Citizen's arrest" assertion - and again as the person pursing Trayvon Martin, would you think reasonably that a stranger who has no authority (even if a Neighborhood watch person or NOT) to ask you anything nor would even have to dignfy you with a response - You act like Trayvon was supposed to obey Zimmerman - which would be really silly

Ruben is right and you are really in the weeds with your silly assertsions

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : They are "back-lashing" because the supposed "black leaders" have already investigated, indicted, tried, and convicted, this suspect in the papers and on TV.  Evidence is coming and an investigation is happening.  Hopefully, this investigation will bring the FACTS out and we will get to the bottom of this disturbing event.  You as a lawyer should know better than any of us that using a pulpit and the media before we have factual data is ........well,....dangerous.
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

George Zimmerman did exactly what you claim the black leaders did..however they weren't armed and decided to kill an unarmed teenager. The only reason you claim to care about "the facts" is because the the actual facts look bad for the meme the RW has always claimed about race and guns - both wrong and most likely racist but usually leans that way

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : There`s an ongoing investigation.  Why would you be so adverse to finding out the truth?  Is this a Lib thing?  Were you as upset at the not-guilty finding in Mattapan where 4 people were killed execution style, including a baby?  Or, does that not matter to you because it was "black on black" murder?
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

It's just the reverse of what you say.  The point is that the Martin investigation was botched.  You kill an unarmed kid under these circumstances and you should be charged.  The guy has a pretty good self defense claim.  But that has to be heard and decided by a jury not by a bunch of cops sitting around a table.  And as for Mattapan, the system worked and is working.  A jury decided there was a lack of evidence against one of those charged, another will be tried again and one took a plea to a substantial sentence.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : brat13: With all the divorces, parsing this as not HIS neighborhood because this is the neighborhood a seventeen year old's FATHER, STEPMOTHER and STEPMOTHER lives is stretching "his neighborhood" beyond belief.
    Posted by andiejen[/QUOTE]
    He LIVED and went to HS in Miami! That means his residence was Miami. He was visiting. Therefore he was a visitor to the neighborhood. No stretch, just facts.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Funny how black kids keep on getting deemed "suspicious" and "dangerous" and end up dead when they were in fact neither of those two. Paranoia is now good policy according to you. You confront someone who is lawfully walking down the street you can expect a negative reaction. It is assaultive behavior. And I think if it was a white guy walking and a black guy pulled up in a car to confront him you would be arguing this issue very differently if the white walker was killed. Think about it. Why are you making excuses for a guy who killed an innocent kid?
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]
    First, asking someone "can I help you?" when they are strangers to your neighborhood is not confronting and only people doing something wrong will take offense. And only in your world is that assaultive! That is insane!
    No I wouldn't look at it differently if all the facts are as they have come out to this point. I am not saying Zimmerman acted in self defense when shooting Martin. I am saying WE ALL don't have all the facts yet. I also am saying the lynch mob has been wrong on several key counts so far. I would think that would give fair minded people pause to start asking and questioning. I guess that is too much to ask when a black kid is killed by a Hispanic person!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Brat, wrong as usual The family has said he was on an errand to a store, there is NO, NONE, NADA, etc. proof  that Zimmerman was doing Neighborhood watch duties - Neighborhood watch people are NOT supposed to try to capture people nor contain them even with your bogus "Citizen's arrest" assertion - and again as the person pursing Trayvon Martin, would you think reasonably that a stranger who has no authority (even if a Neighborhood watch person or NOT) to ask you anything nor would even have to dignfy you with a response - You act like Trayvon was supposed to obey Zimmerman - which would be really silly Ruben is right and you are really in the weeds with your silly assertsions
    Posted by dcr400m[/QUOTE]
    LOL, Zimmerman was a neighborhood watch person. In a Neighborhood watch neighborhood ALL are asked to keep an eye on the goings on. Whether on a walk around or just driving your car. Zimmerman DID NOT try to detain Martin! You are making it up! He followed him to ascertain where he was going. You have no clue what you are talking about!
    Again, I ask people all the time what they are doing in my neighborhood as do most of my neighbors. I have never had anyone with legitimate reason take offense. We have had people leave the neighborhood after being asked and we write down the license plate number and have the police check it out. MANY TIMES! I have asked black, white, Hispanic and others. I have asked people who barley speak English. Never had an issue if the person was just walking around with no ill intent. I have asked black youths and white youths, they say "I am here to see Joe". I say "Joe's house is the third on the left and they say "thanks" and go to Joe's. No issues.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Funny how black kids keep on getting deemed "suspicious" and "dangerous" and end up dead when they were in fact neither of those two.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]
    Reuben, This is a fact in black and white neighborhoods with black and white people! It is a major issue but it is not just a white on black thing. I have black friends who get antsy when we walk around Boston and see 3-4 black youths walking towards us. They are worse than most white people I know. More get killed by other black youths. Why is there no attention laid on those? Hmmm let me guess...

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : There`s an ongoing investigation.  Why would you be so adverse to finding out the truth?  Is this a Lib thing?  Were you as upset at the not-guilty finding in Mattapan where 4 people were killed execution style, including a baby?  Or, does that not matter to you because it was "black on black" murder?
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]
    Black on black murders don't fit their political BS agenda! They don't care about facts just a conviction of the white guy who isn't even white! No matter just put someone light skinned in a court room and announce guilty! Then they can rally the other idiots not paying attention to rant about the unfair right!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[QUOTE]I am saying WE ALL don't have all the facts yet. Bravo !! Let the pieces fall where they may when and if this is brought to trial. Someone mentioned above we do not need this to end up with the rioting that came after the Rodney King verdict. Although, it is predictable that this will occur at some point. Too much anger out there and all the media and forum quarterbacks are doing is adding fuel to the fire.
    Posted by msobstinate99[/QUOTE]
    AMEN!

Convict then try and if found innocent riot!

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : He LIVED and went to HS in Miami! That means his residence was Miami. He was visiting. Therefore he was a visitor to the neighborhood. No stretch, just facts.
    Posted by brat13[/QUOTE]

brat13:

Trayvon Martin's father obviously had visitation rights with his son that he was exercising. A very good thing for a child when their parents decide they can no longer live under one roof. The parent with visitation rights makes his/her home a second home, and a second neighborhood for that child, or children.

Esp. commendable here where the parents live such a great distance apart. Often the parent with only visitation rights drifts out of the child's life.

So this was a very good thing for Trayvon. It was until walking in his father's neighborhood, while he was staying at his second home, Trayvon was killed at seventeen years old.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

So the new closet racist defense of the day is "it wasn't technically his neighborhood"? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]So the new closet racist defense of the day is "it wasn't technically his neighborhood"? 
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Thesemenarecowards:

Apparently so. At least with some posters in the forums. And a Happy Easter to all of us.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Race seems to be a major factor in how one views the Trayvon Martin case. Blacks and whites, according to a brand new USA/Gallop poll, view the racial implications of this case in substantially different ways.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : So the new closet racist defense of the day is.... Absolutely not, but it would explain why the boy whether he was black or white was not a familiar face to someone who is watching the neighborhood. *I certainly hope that "someone" is not calling other forum members racist.
    Posted by msobstinate99[/QUOTE]

Zimmerman had called to report "suspicious" people 5 times prior to calling about Trayvon Martin.  Guess what color the "suspicious" person was everytime?  Martin was racially profiled, it had nothing to do with his unfamiliar face.  Christ, so now we're to believe that Zimmerman knew the faces of everyone that lived in his neighborhood.

And no, I was inferring that Zimmerman is a 'closet racist', although considering he drops racial slurs on 9-1-1 calls, closet might be to kind.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Zimmerman had called to report "suspicious" people 5 times prior to calling about Trayvon Martin.  Guess what color the "suspicious" person was everytime?  Martin was racially profiled, it had nothing to do with his unfamiliar face.  Christ, so now we're to believe that Zimmerman knew the faces of everyone that lived in his neighborhood. And no, I was inferring that Zimmerman is a 'closet racist', although considering he drops racial slurs on 9-1-1 calls, closet might be to kind.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Thesemenarecowards:

Very well stated. So well stated that it needs no addition from me.