Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : So, Zimmerman a man that had mentored black kids and had a black friend that spoke out on his behalf out of the blue becomes a racist? How do you figure? Zimmerman had campaigned on behalf of a homeless black man after a white son of a police officer punched him. That doesn't sound like a racist to me. Just the opposite. Dropping racial slurs? That was already proven to be false. The reference to forum members being labled racist wasn't directed your way. I know you were not inferring that.
    Posted by msobstinate99[/QUOTE]

The racial slur was not "proven to be false", maybe inconclusive.  1 voice analyst expert, who stated he has previously testified in court as an expert witness said he was 90% confident he heard the racial slur. 

Yes, there was nothing obvious about Zimmerman's black friend making the cable news rounds in his defense.  That one had all the subtlety of a sledge hammer.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Proven COMPLETELY FALSE!!!!    NBC doctored the tape.  The full 911 call has NOTHING remotely racist. (but you know this)
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

You are not smart are you?

NBC selectively edited the call to make it sound like Zimmerman volunteered that Martin was black, which he did not, he responded that he was black when he was asked. 

NBC did not "doctor" in Zimmerman saying F****ing C***, which some people have said was him saying "cold" and others have said is him using a racial slur.

But you knew this......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Then you will agree that those voice experts that claimed it was Trayvon's cries on the recording, should be quetioned as well? Well it is clear you have already tried and convicted this man. So much for American justice. And you have the lady lawyer backing you up, I have all the faith in our judicial system. smh.
    Posted by msobstinate99[/QUOTE]

I've heard 2 voice experts say they believe the cries are Zimmerman.

And how quickly you resort to the pathetic "you've already convicted him" defense.  Nope, just think that when an armed man pursue's and kills an unarmed kid, there should be an arrest and trial, so that judicial system can actually be utilized.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : The tape has been played over and over and over again.  Honest stations have PROVEN he didn`t say that disgusting slur that you just printed. "Cold" was proven and confirmed. He also didn`t volunteer the color of his skin.  It`s been PROVEN dummy! And again,........you knew that.
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

In my last post I said, "he didn't volunteer the color of his skin".  You have poor reading comprehension skills.

Regarding the slur, nothing was proven.  Here is something that is proven, everytime Zimmerman calls 9-1-1 to report a suspicious person, that person is black.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : and there will be.........as soon as the investigator is done, the evidence is ready, and the case is rock solid.  Meantime, Sharpton, Jackson, and YOU need to S T F U!!!!
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

Yeah, people who shoot people usually leave the police station with the murder weapon and go a couple months before being charged. 

Me, Sharpton and Jackson don't hate the Constitution, but apparently you do.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : You are not smart are you?  NBC selectively edited the call to make it sound like Zimmerman volunteered that Martin was black, which he did not, he responded that he was black when he was asked.  NBC did not "doctor" in Zimmerman saying F****ing C***, which some people have said was him saying "cold" and others have said is him using a racial slur. But you knew this......
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Thesemenarecowards:

These sort of posts you are responding to are reflective not only of the posters but of what is happening all over the country in discussions over the Martin case.

Meanwhile the clock is ticking in Florida. Under the rules of criminal procedure in Florida, from the night they brought Zimmerman in for questioning, the authorities have exactly 175 days to arrest him, book him, etc., and let the justice system move forward. If the 175 days expire, they can never arrest Zimmerman for any crime related to Trayon Martin's death. Never.

So posters here in the forum can speculate to doomsday, even make snarky remarks which are esp. inappropriate in a thread discussing the death of a seventeen year old, but all that is needed is probable cause to arrest Zimmerman and stop the ticking of that clock. The judicial system is the place to sort out what did and did not happen that night. What is and what is not criminally relevant in  the death of Martin.

Separately, if civil cases are filed, where of course different/lower standards of proof apply, the courts again are the best place to sort out what is relevant on a civil level depending on the case.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Responsible reporting from reliable news outlets have PROVEN (played all day today on TV and radio) that there were no racial slurs.  Stop lying! Who has the comprehension problem?
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

That is simply not true.  The debate of whether Zimmerman said "c**n" or "cold" is ongoing.  Just because you have made up your mind does not mean that there is no dispute.  Maybe you were there in the "cold" of Florida to hear the exchange, but I tend to doubt that.  So stop lying that there is no debate. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : They also have to release him in a certain timeframe if they cannot produce enough evidence.  My guess is the invetigator knows this and is trying to firm up her case.  If any of you would read a paper for Pete`s sake or watch RELIABLE news, you would know that she is (has to) making her move next week, as early as Tuesday. Some of you don`t want the facts, the proof, and an investigation.  You want a conviction and a sentence now. And I thought most of you were lawyers......... 
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

False.  What is wanted is the guy to have a trial before a jury of his peers.  He may well win it, but there should be a full legal process.  You apparently want this all to go away. Another dead black kid. Who cares...

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : I guess you didn`t watch the news or read the paper yesterday (and again right now on Fox) that they have PROVEN he said "cold".
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

Proven by who.  On Fox?  Please...

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : What in God`s name are you talking about?  I have been very clear throughout this entire thread.  This is a travesty and an injustice.  People here, the pundits, the MSM, and it appears, you, want a trial and conviction today and skip any invetsigation.  Again, I would ask you.......do you watch or read anything?  It`s been made very clear that the investigator will be ready as early as Tuesday. "Another dead black kid. Who cares...." That`s an AWFUL statement! If you knew me, my family, my love for kids (I`ve got more than most), my coaching and counseling history.........you would take that back right now! Here`s the investigator, watch her own freakin words: http://video.foxnews.com/v/1550935622001/will-there-be-an-arrest-in-trayvon-martin-case/?playlist_id=87937
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

What in God's name are YOU talking about?  I said I wanted a trial and you simply ignore that. Instead you spread the lie that I want only a conviction. That is an AWFUL thing to say.  I have a long history of working in the justice system and teaching about it. Take that back right now!  Stop YOUR lying!  

Maybe I misjudged you as to the intent behind your words. It is understandable given your fervent defense of this shooter/killer. But my own words were quite clear: I want a trial to evaluate the evidence and this self defense argument. Saying anything else is just you trying to put words in my mouth based on your ideological limitations of what the left "really" want. Try reading what is said and thinking for a change.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.