Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case

In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : You`ve got to be kidding me!  This is what you do every time you jump in.  YOU DON`T READ the previous posts in the thread and you jump in thinking you know everything with your elitist P O S attitude.  Since this thread began, and in all the other "Trayvon" threads, I have been very clear.  Get the facts, build the case, and get this guy convicted.  "Fervent defense of the shooter/killer"??????   You lying twit!   I`ve said no such thing!  And.....for the most part, neither has anyone else here.  How can a "lawyer" go through life and career with an inability to read? Did you watch the clip?  You`re probably smarter than those folks too......right?
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

I missed your apology for totally misrepresenting my views.  Typical uncaring and unthinking ideologue.  I may have misjudged what your desire is on this case. But I have not misjudged your character. 

And the Fox stuff is inconclusive.  Leave the interpretation of the evidence to the trial.  You see I said it again: TRIAL.  Get it?  Probably not.  Now go away.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

I posted a comment earlier about race in America and the Trayvon Martin case.

Newsweek and the Daily Beast have found that America is facing a deepening level of racial division and polarization. Pertinent to this thread, the Martin case appears to illustrate that fact.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I prefer to let the special prosecutor do her job and conduct her investigation. I was thinking there would be some sort of announcement before the grand jury convenes, but it is starting to look like that won't be the case.
    It annoys me to no end that media outlets feel the need to alter 911 tapes in an attempt to sensationalize a story that needed no more sensationalizing. Just plain crazy and this is why people have dwindling faith in the integrety of the news. Lately, "news" has become synonymous with "entertainment" and that is just not right.
    Right now, since we have a lack of faith in the accuracy of media reports..all we know is that a 17 year old, unarmed kid was gunned down and now a family is grieving. No parent should have to endure that.
    Perhaps when all is said and done..there will be much more or less to the story.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]I prefer to let the special prosecutor do her job and conduct her investigation. I was thinking there would be some sort of announcement before the grand jury convenes, but it is starting to look like that won't be the case. It annoys me to no end that media outlets feel the need to alter 911 tapes in an attempt to sensationalize a story that needed no more sensationalizing. Just plain crazy and this is why people have dwindling faith in the integrety of the news. Lately, "news" has become synonymous with "entertainment" and that is just not right. Right now, since we have a lack of faith in the accuracy of media reports..all we know is that a 17 year old, unarmed kid was gunned down and now a family is grieving. No parent should have to endure that. Perhaps when all is said and done..there will be much more or less to the story.
    Posted by miscricket[/QUOTE]

We know a lot more then just Trayvon Martin, a seventeen year old boy, was killed some time ago in Florida. IMO it is too easy to say that in the enormous amount of media this case has produced, some of the material is misleading or is just plain wrong. That is when we as intelligent human beings apply critical thinking skills to sort out the wheat from the shaft. It is also why many of us have come to the conclusion that there exists probable cause to indict George Zimmerman and let a jury trial, with the jury as the trier of fact, sort out what did and did not happen the night Trayvon Martin was killed.

As to the question of a grand jury. Angela Corey, the special prosecutor appointed by the Governor of Florida has said she does not feel a grand jury is necessary to proceed with this case should they proceed.

However, if they do proceed with a grand jury, Corey is not allowed to say very much by law. She can only say we are inquiring into the death of Trayvon Martin. 

Since most people do not know a lot about grand juries, and esp. do not know about grand jury procedures in the state of Florida, the below link leads to an article that takes you through these matters.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]Learn something new every day, there is a racial divide in our country? You can't be serious. The main reason for the racial divide is the media. They inflame the tensions at every opportunity that comes along.
    Posted by msobstinate99[/QUOTE]

The main reason there is a racial divide in this country is in fact the long history of racism in this country.  You might want to open a history book some time.  Media conspiracies are the province of ideological loons.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Yes there is a long history of racial tensions, but if you can't see that the media is flaming it further, you are living under a rock. Yeah, you're right. NBC doctoring a tape would not inflame racial tentions. No media conspiracy there. Perhaps you have an explanation why they would doctor the tape?

The media likes controversy: it sells.  They were sloppy on the tape.  I don't readily believe in conspiracy theories.  They appeal to those that like simple answers to complex problems.  Those people tend to have simple minds too.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : The media likes controversy: it sells.  They were sloppy on the tape.  I don't readily believe in conspiracy theories.  They appeal to those that like simple answers to complex problems.  Those people tend to have simple minds too.
    Posted by Reubenhop[/QUOTE]

But what do we make of people who take simple problems and try to lace them hypothetical, circumstantial, secondary or tertiary complexities?

This has never been that complex.  A person cannot arm themselves, chase people through the streets, then when conflict arises kill the person they were pursuing in the name of self defense and be sent home a couple hours later, murder weapon in hand. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In response to "Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case": I think the main point is that this is an annonymous forum, there is no way for us to know for fact if anyone is a Doctor, Lawyer, or Engineer.

msobstinate:

No, that was not TFefio's main point. He referred to the lawyers in his family. He made no reference to anyone claiming they were a lawyer when they were not.

That is why WDYWN spoke to the concept of expertise in his post. 

So you , jmel as well as Tfefio have posted your education stopped at high school.

Reubun, WDYWN as well as myself have each earned at least one law degree. WDYWN practices in the field of criminal law. He has more expertise in this field than any of us. 

That does not mean you cannot debate with him. But logically he has a decided advantage, as he should.

As for people lying about their backgrounds in the forums, I suppose we go by the honor system. They know they are lying, and eventually if what they are lying about is pertinent to a topic, that may be revealed.

At least the 3 lawyers stated what they do for a living. The great majority here have not stated what it is they do, or have done if anything. So there really does not seem to be much of a problem of people lying since the occupation of most posters is unknown. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE] />>He has more expertise in this field than any of us. << Must give Reuben his due - he practiced in criminal defense longer than I have, I believe.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

WDYWN:

My oversight. Thank you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Thanks andie. I will send airborne a message asking him to repost it, unless of course he removed it on his own. You should also include in that post that it is your strong wish that no poster report the re-posted post for abuse so it may stand for all to read. That should hopefully take care of the other posters, including those who have stated over and over they never ever use the abuse button. That was done but the thread that contained that request has been removed.

msobstinate

I sent airborne a message as well regarding his now deleted post. My message is there. The message you say you sent him is not. I of course do not know why it is not there. Perhaps you can try again, and/or post on this thread as I suggested before you wish for him to repost his message.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE] />>He has more expertise in this field than any of us. << Must give Reuben his due - he practiced in criminal defense longer than I have, I believe.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

About fifteen years.  From Juvenile through District and Superior.  About sixty jury trials.  Did some appeals too.  But it has been ten years since I last actively practiced (still a member of the bar).  I do try to stay current as I teach the subject.  I will defer to those in the legal trenches who are still fighting the good fight.  It's not easy.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Evidence in the Trayvon Martin case : Hey moron, it's msobstinate (who really isn't a female by the way) who is jamming up the boards.
    Posted by airborne-rgr[/QUOTE]

airborne:

Thank you for your post.