Evil police state in the Southwest

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Evil police state in the Southwest

Mexico.

The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.” How’s that for racial and ethnic profiling?

– If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome. Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam and prove they can provide their own health care.

– Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years’ imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years’ imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

– Law enforcement officials at all levels — by national mandate — must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens’ arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

– Ready to show your papers? Mexico’s National Catalog of Foreigners tracks all outside tourists and foreign nationals. A National Population Registry tracks and verifies the identity of every member of the population, who must carry a citizens’ identity card. Visitors who do not possess proper documents and identification are subject to arrest as illegal aliens.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorPain. Show ProfessorPain's posts

Re: Evil police state in the Southwest

Honestly Mexico has a much bigger problem with drugs and corruption. I don't think focusing on this has made them a very succesful nation. Also, having been to Mexico, I am sure slipping a Franklin will make any Immigration charges go away.

Why are we holding up almost failed state as an ideal?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Don't worry Bobbin, I'm sure your mental health issues won't prevent the Mexican Authorities from allowing you entry.

Bobbin, it's an issue of who is constitutionally empowered to enforce immigration law.  You remember the Constitution?  It's the document you accuse the Libs of violating.

By the way, I would assume that stopping people to check their papers will result in the detention and processing of illegals.  Did the Bill provide any additional funds for enforcement or are the cops suppose to take time away from investigating/enforcing crimes they traditionally enforce?

Oh, and who pays for the civil trial and jury award when they arrest a law abiding Mexican America who was born here but wasn't carry his birth certificate when he was stopped by a cop and taken off to jail?  I think that would be false imprisonment or something?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsATravesty. Show ItsATravesty's posts

The US needs to follow Mexicos fine example but where do we shove our poor?.. Hello Canada !!!

Professor..
    1.) Drugs are the single biggest export of Mexico.
    2.) We're holding ourselves up as an ideal to the world and we're in the process of failing big time.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorPain. Show ProfessorPain's posts

In Response to Re: Evil police state in the Southwest:
    The US needs to follow Mexicos fine example but where do we shove our poor?.. Hello Canada !!! Professor.. 1.) Drugs are the single biggest export of Mexico. 2.) We're holding ourselves up as an ideal to the world and we're in the process of failing big time.
    Posted by ItsATravesty

1) I realize this. Which is why I think they would do better to focus on their drug and corruption problem.

2) We aren't falling apart. Thailand is falling apart. Mexico is falling apart. Pakistan is falling apart. America is a very stable nation.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from lesvalseuses. Show lesvalseuses's posts

In Response to Re: Evil police state in the Southwest:
    In Response to Re: Evil police state in the Southwest : Funny how consitutionality doesn't seem to bother cites like San Francisco and Cambridge that create "Sanctuary Cities". Your scenario about a legal Mexican-American resident is bogus. I don't think that the AZ law permits a cop to arrest solely based on some suspicion of legal status. Even if it did, your scenario could be applied to any law. The police sometimes screw up for a number of reasons. Shall we not enforce the law then? Should we get rid of all traffic laws so that driving while black cannot happen? Can you spell red herring?
    Posted by Newtster

BS Newt-boy. Read the bill, I have.  Everyone, everyone is subject to it by virtue of it's "No Profiling" language, white, black asian, latino.

Cops are indemnified, can't be held liable nor sued, for mistaken arrest, or false imprisonment.  There is no language nor mechanism preventing repeated stops for ID, nor is there any to indicate that the suspect, aka everyone and anyone inside AZ borders, is "legal."

And what would that be anyway? An armband, a badge, a bracelet?

The East Germany of the US.