Ex state rep, who focused in part on drug abuse, caught with 1/2 kilo of meth.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Ex state rep, who focused in part on drug abuse, caught with 1/2 kilo of meth.

Still don't care

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Ex state rep, who focused in part on drug abuse, caught with 1/2 kilo of meth.

Nor do I. Isn't saying a politician is a crook redundant?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

So WDYWN is upset no conservatives are jumping on this story? Someone needs a hobby!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Nor do I. Isn't saying a politician is a crook redundant?

An awful lot of the time.

Still, interesting to see the lack of BDC conservative cackling about Ds (Mass. Ds in particular) that results when it's an accused liberal who posts about the bad D....       

Yah.  Still not interested.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Libs dont seem to be concerned about bad behavior itself, just whether the person is a supposed "hypocrite" for doing so.
    Not having the sensitive antennna about this lame hypocrite issue; does a Democrat who supported legislation about drugs and then does drugs, become a 'hypocrite'?
    Did this Democrat ever state the term "family values" in any of his speeches?

If WDYWN is disappointed, then I will state something that will maybe irk him.

The government's "War on Drug Addiction" is as much of a failure as the government's "War on Drugs"! In both cases, on top of failure, thousands of failed bureaucrats , er, counselors,  are put in the public payroll...

Maybe this pol gets a month subsidized'rehab' in the Bahamas...maybe he can then run agan for stat erep again, citing his 'successful battle with addiction' ....he will only be more popular with low information Mass. voters, who fall for this 'hero for battling addiction' spiel...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Funny thing though: Defense lawyers and PDs urge ending the war on drugs, even though it would sharply reduce a demad for defense lawyers.

Prosecutors? Not nearly as often.

How about the current"War on Addiction"? ....Thousands of former addicts given jobs in the public sector, as part of the army of "counselors". The failure rates for the current government approach to rehab are astronomical.  A successful approach, even if more harsh, is better for those to kick drugs...

Take drugs, get sent to a rehab, where they tell you it is a disease and you have little control, not your fault...not surprising this approach doesnt work. But at least the rest of us can feel good about it!

In China, there were 20 million opiate addicts in 1949, when Mao took over. He had the greatest success at drug treatment in history...

Mao killed drug dealers, and threatened death to addicts. It worked, millions quit. If it was a "disease" impossible to overcome, that wouldnt have happened.

We should not of course do what Mao did...but it is better for the addict' s chance of stopping, to be honest and  them it is in fact a moral issue and personal issue, and put in real incentives to quit!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The sad thing is..the trajedy has very little to do with the fact that this guy was a one time politician.

It's disturbing that no one at the school noticed anything unusual about someone who clearly has a significant addiction.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

I am an addict forever.

Whatever we call it, as I noted in the past, I rather suspect the 'disease' comes in a different form depending on what substance (or thing, ie, 'sex addict') we're talking about.

I was certainly addicted to cigarettes for several years. Quit cold turkey, and I wouldn't have the slightest desire to start again even if they could prove they came up with cancer-free/problem-free cigarettes. Nasty things.

Only thing I was ever addicted to; I certainly gave myself plenty of chances to prove that wrong when I was young and wild...     

The children of alcoholics have a biological predisposition to alcoholism. No doubt that there is a constant awareness of this on the part of many of them..at least the one's who do not become alcoholics.

Sections
Shortcuts