Excellent Job by OUR Team USA in the World Cup .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Excellent Job by OUR Team USA in the World Cup .

They showed what makes this the GREATEST COUNTRY ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH . They played with sheer determination , commitment , desire , bravery and a code that a lot of people forget which is to work hard for each other or be carried out on your shield . Who ever doesn't have respect for these young men who represented us on the WORLD STAGE is very unpatriotic .

Semper FI TEAM USA !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Re: Excellent Job by OUR Team USA in the World Cup .

Dittos!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:))

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

They went 1-2-1.  They were clearly out matched in 3 games.  If not for the spectacular play of their goalie, today's game would have been a laugher.  Their goalie was awesome.  The rest of the team, meh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Yes, the goalie was awesome. They did a great job to even get to the final 16. Where I went to watch the game today - it was jammed, plus I never thought I'd take off work for a soccer game. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Good fair game! Thankfully this one was a rare soccer match not decided on a player pretending to be fouled and falling to the ground with an Oscar performance...and the stupid referees falling for it...

Great goaltending by Tim Howard.

Belgium was the better team , but was tanked by the end and the US made a great last ditch effort...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It was a fun couple of weeks.  And it would be nice if we produced a couple of great players.  I wish we had a 25 - 30,000 seat soccer stadium in Boston for the Revs to play.  More people would go to games.  We need a sport featuring lean fast guys instead of really tall or really big guys.  We have a bunch of adult soccer leagues in the area and we have a bunch of kid leagues.  If it were as easy to see the revs as it is to see the Red Sox, the sport would take off.  

I won't go to Foxboro to see the Pats.  I'm certainly not heading down there for the Revs.

the area where the Boston Athletic Club is located would be a good spot.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They went 1-2-1.  They were clearly out matched in 3 games.  If not for the spectacular play of their goalie, today's game would have been a laugher.  Their goalie was awesome.  The rest of the team, meh.

[/QUOTE]

Couldn't agree more. USA just simply sucks compared to rest of world in regards to soccer...and always will. 

Our best athletes play the four major sports in this country. Soccer will never be one of those sports. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

It was a fun couple of weeks.  And it would be nice if we produced a couple of great players.  I wish we had a 25 - 30,000 seat soccer stadium in Boston for the Revs to play.  More people would go to games.  We need a sport featuring lean fast guys instead of really tall or really big guys.  We have a bunch of adult soccer leagues in the area and we have a bunch of kid leagues.  If it were as easy to see the revs as it is to see the Red Sox, the sport would take off.  

I won't go to Foxboro to see the Pats.  I'm certainly not heading down there for the Revs.

[/QUOTE]

You may not want to go to Foxboro but sold out crowds go every Sunday there is a home game for the Pats. Not the case for the Revs. Has nothing to do with location and everything to do with the sport. Just not as big here. And never will be. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from enuffisenuff. Show enuffisenuff's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You may not want to go to Foxboro but sold out crowds go every Sunday there is a home game for the Pats. Not the case for the Revs. Has nothing to do with location and everything to do with the sport. Just not as big here. And never will be. 

[/QUOTE]

You should try going.  It is a very fun event.  I agree it can be difficult to watch for many.  Being their changes things a bit.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to enuffisenuff's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You should try going.  It is a very fun event.  I agree it can be difficult to watch for many.  Being their changes things a bit.

[/QUOTE]

No offense but I'd rather get kicked in the balls repeatedly than go to a soccer game. Sure I watched some of the world cup games but that was more of a US pride thing. But to watch "regular" soccer? No thanks. Again, no offense to soccer fans...just ain't my thing. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

Soccer is the most beautiful of games .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

One big problem MLS has over the four major sports in this country is the MLS league is not even looked at as one of the better leagues around the world, it's probably 4th or 5th at best.

In the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL these are all the best leagues in the world in their prospective sport. Americans like watching the best, and the MLS is not there yet. Right now the Premiere League is where a lotof the best gravitate. I never say never, down the road MLS just may rival the Premiere League, just not there yet.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

In response to newman09's comment:

One big problem MLS has over the four major sports in this country is the MLS league is not even looked at as one of the better leagues around the world, it's probably 4th or 5th at best.

In the NBA, NFL, MLB and NHL these are all the best leagues in the world in their prospective sport. Americans like watching the best, and the MLS is not there yet. Right now the Premiere League is where a lotof the best gravitate. I never say never, down the road MLS just may rival the Premiere League, just not there yet.

MLS just doesn't have the money to spend on the most elite players in the world and I don't think they ever will. In our country's youth divisions though we have already caught up to the rest of the world in the training of our young players . The best leagues in the world are identifying our better young players and are training them here. Some of these players will represent our country in future World Cup and Olympics.

BTW another good soccer take is watching women play. They play a very beautiful and pure game based on passing , movement and at a quick pace with a physical side that might take you by surprise .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow - the Revs aren,t as popular as the Pats.  Awesome insight.  Thanks for sharing.

Just guessing - but if the Red Sox played in Foxboro, the attendence would drop damatically.  If the C or Bruins played in Foxboro, attendence at their games would drop.

So maybe a way to increase the level of excitement and attendence at the Revs games would be to treat the Revs more like the Cs, Bs, and Red Sox and have them play in Boston.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to enuffisenuff's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would go to a game if it were in Boston?  They should rebuild White Stadium or build one over the pike in Boston.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Wow - the Revs aren,t as popular as the Pats.  Awesome insight.  Thanks for sharing.

Just guessing - but if the Red Sox played in Foxboro, the attendence would drop damatically.  If the C or Bruins played in Foxboro, attendence at their games would drop.

So maybe a way to increase the level of excitement and attendence at the Revs games would be to treat the Revs more like the Cs, Bs, and Red Sox and have them play in Boston.

[/QUOTE]

You missed the point entirely. The location isn't as big a deal as you think. If it's a good product (see Pats) then people will go no matter where the stadium is. Not sure why you're struggling to grasp that. People come from NH, VT, ME to Pats games. They going to Rev games? Doubt it. Why? Location? Doubt it. If they're willing to drive to Foxboro to see Pats (good product) then they should be willing to drive to Foxboro for Rev game....if it were a good product...but it ain't....so they don't.

People come from western MA for Sox games. Why? Good product. Boston is not exactly convenient for people in Northhampton yet they make the trip. They aren't doing that for the Revs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to 8101956's comment:

MLS just doesn't have the money to spend on the most elite players in the world and I don't think they ever will. In our country's youth divisions though we have already caught up to the rest of the world in the training of our young players . The best leagues in the world are identifying our better young players and are training them here. Some of these players will represent our country in future World Cup and Olympics.

BTW another good soccer take is watching women play. They play a very beautiful and pure game based on passing , movement and at a quick pace with a physical side that might take you by surprise .

There are great athletes and great games in soccer, and many moments on World Cup that show athletes at their best, but the bottom line is there is much about soccer that is subject to fair criticism...

The low scoring makes it often boring to watch;  the amount of fake injuries and diving is outright pathetic.

The deliberate delays by players...the fact the halftime and end of game doesnt end at a set point, only when the referee adds "stoppage time' and then decides on his own exactly when to blow the whistle....absurd.

The fact many goals are just fluke bounces and not the result of exciting plays (hockey is like that sometimes, too)  

The fact too many games end in a tie.

The idea of deciding a World Cup championship by penalty kicks is ridiculous. Play until someone scores!!!

Worst aspect: The traditions of diving and faking injuries  are imbedded deeply in the game. How many games are decided by questionable referee calls, "yellow cards" etc.

The Netherlands got a questionable penalty kick to win a game;  the announcer said it was a "cumulative" call, meaning the Netherlands had dominated the game, and ref hadnt called earlier borderline calls...

Do NFL refs call pass interference, based on the fact they didnt call it earlier?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 8101956. Show 8101956's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to 8101956's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

There are great athletes and great games in soccer, and many moments on World Cup that show athletes at their best, but the bottom line is there is much about soccer that is subject to fair criticism...

The low scoring makes it often boring to watch;  the amount of fake injuries and diving is outright pathetic. The diving is imbedded in the traditions of the game. 

The deliberate delays by players...the fact the halftime and end of game doesnt end at a set point, only when the referee adds "stoppage time' and then decides on his own exactly when to blow the whistle....absurd.

The fact many goals are just fluke bounces and not the result of exciting plays (hockey is like that sometimes, too)  

The fact many games are decided by referees buying, or not buying, dives by players....

The fact too many games end in a tie.

The idea of deciding a match by penalty kicks is ridiculous. Play until someone scores!!!

The traditions of diving and faking injuries  are imbedded deeply in the game. How many games are decided by questionable referee calls, "yellow cards" etc.

The Netherlands got a questionable penalty kick to win a game;  the announcer said it was a "cumulative" call, meaning the Netherlands had dominated the game, and ref hadnt called earlier borderline calls...

Do NFL refs call pass interference, based on the fact they didnt call it earlier?

[/QUOTE]

You make a lot of good points with your comment and I agree with you . I don't know for sure but I imagine that the games of hockey and basketball are an offspring of soccer.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

You missed the point entirely. The location isn't as big a deal as you think. If it's a good product (see Pats) then people will go no matter where the stadium is. Not sure why you're struggling to grasp that. People come from NH, VT, ME to Pats games. They going to Rev games? Doubt it. Why? Location? Doubt it. If they're willing to drive to Foxboro to see Pats (good product) then they should be willing to drive to Foxboro for Rev game....if it were a good product...but it ain't....so they don't.

People come from western MA for Sox games. Why? Good product. Boston is not exactly convenient for people in Northhampton yet they make the trip. They aren't doing that for the Revs

[/QUOTE]

Oy vey.  I won't see the PATS even if they give me free tix (which I've been offered) because I don't want to send all day getting there, watching the game, and then coming home.  I will pay double the face value of Red Sox tix to see a game in Fenway because it's not an all day event.  But if I had to travel to Foxoboro to see any team, I'm not going.  So if I won't see he Red Sox, Cs, Bs, or Pats in foxboro, I'm not going to see the Revs.   I wouldn't go to Foxboro to see 2 top notch teams from Europe play.

But if I can take the T to the game, then I might.  The cost of seeing the Revs in Boston would be much less than the cost of seeing them in Foxboro because the cost includes the travel time. 

Who are the biggest soccer fans in Boston?  Immigrants and kids.  Are immigrants more or less likely to see a soccer game in Roxbury?  Are parents more or less likely to take their kids to a local stadium or to Foxboro?

Build a 25K seat stadium near a T Stop in or very near Boston, I bet the Rev attendence would double.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is not a future soccer player, hence, likely not a future soccer fan:

[/QUOTE]

Future diabetic and cardiac patient.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Oy vey.  I won't see the PATS even if they give me free tix (which I've been offered) because I don't want to send all day getting there, watching the game, and then coming home.  I will pay double the face value of Red Sox tix to see a game in Fenway because it's not an all day event.  But if I had to travel to Foxoboro to see any team, I'm not going.  So if I won't see he Red Sox, Cs, Bs, or Pats in foxboro, I'm not going to see the Revs.   I wouldn't go to Foxboro to see 2 top notch teams from Europe play.

But if I can take the T to the game, then I might.  The cost of seeing the Revs in Boston would be much less than the cost of seeing them in Foxboro because the cost includes the travel time. 

Who are the biggest soccer fans in Boston?  Immigrants and kids.  Are immigrants more or less likely to see a soccer game in Roxbury?  Are parents more or less likely to take their kids to a local stadium or to Foxboro?

Build a 25K seat stadium near a T Stop in or very near Boston, I bet the Rev attendence would double.

[/QUOTE]

Not everything is about you. Again....not getting the point. The Pats get sold out even though they are in Foxboro because they are a better product. People will dole out more money to go to Foxboro for the Pats because it's a better product. People will travel from ME, NH, VT to Foxboro because the Pats are a better product.

I get it...you're lazy and don't want to travel outside of Boston. Just so you know....there is a world outside of Boston. Just sayin.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Not everything is about you. Again....not getting the point. The Pats get sold out even though they are in Foxboro because they are a better product. People will dole out more money to go to Foxboro for the Pats because it's a better product. People will travel from ME, NH, VT to Foxboro because the Pats are a better product.

I get it...you're lazy and don't want to travel outside of Boston. Just so you know....there is a world outside of Boston. Just sayin.

[/QUOTE]

God you're thick.  Yes, the Pats are a much better product.  And because they are a better product, people are willing to pay a higher cost to see the games.  The cost of the games includes the price of the tickets and the time and effort to go to Foxboro.  The Revs aren't as good and because it isn;t as good a product, people aren't willing to pay the same cost as they are for the Pats.  And I agree, Boston isn't everything - but it is the place where the Bs, Cs, and Red Sox play their home games.

And the revs have about 20 homes games - some are duing the week.

So, would a professional team be better off playing in Boston or an hour away without traffic?  And if I recall, the Krafts originally wanted to build a stadium in.... Boston.  But you could be rght - Foxboro might be a more desirable place to play Soccer than the city that all other 4 major sports teams in the region prefer to play.

What a rube.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Pats are a much better product.  

[/QUOTE]

Exactly! Glad you finally agree. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

The record U.S. television audience for soccer is the 24.7 million who saw the United States play Portugal on June 24, which tied the 2010 World Cup final between Spain and the Netherlands.

The Portugal game took place on a weekend, however, when there were more people with free time available to watch. The U.S.-Belgium game started at 4 p.m. on the East Coast, earlier in other time zones, during a working day.

Nielsen does not measure viewership in bars, offices or other public places. In 2010, ESPN estimated that the stated audience size for weekday World Cup games would increase by 23 percent if public viewing were taken into account.

Still, Tuesday's knockout game exceeded the average viewership for the most recent World Series and NBA Finals, events that took place during prime-time when more people were home to watch.

The just-concluded NBA Finals where the San Antonio Spurs beat the Miami Heat averaged 15.5 million viewers, with 18 million watching the final game. Last fall's World Series averaged 14.9 million viewers, with 19.2 million watching the Boston Red Sox beat the St. Louis Cardinals in the last game.

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/1929447/us-soccer-tv-ratings-top-nba-finals-average" rel="nofollow">http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/1929447/us-soccer-tv-ratings-top-nba-finals-average

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The record U.S. television audience for soccer is the 24.7 million who saw the United States play Portugal on June 24, which tied the 2010 World Cup final between Spain and the Netherlands.

The Portugal game took place on a weekend, however, when there were more people with free time available to watch. The U.S.-Belgium game started at 4 p.m. on the East Coast, earlier in other time zones, during a working day.

Nielsen does not measure viewership in bars, offices or other public places. In 2010, ESPN estimated that the stated audience size for weekday World Cup games would increase by 23 percent if public viewing were taken into account.

Still, Tuesday's knockout game exceeded the average viewership for the most recent World Series and NBA Finals, events that took place during prime-time when more people were home to watch.

The just-concluded NBA Finals where the San Antonio Spurs beat the Miami Heat averaged 15.5 million viewers, with 18 million watching the final game. Last fall's World Series averaged 14.9 million viewers, with 19.2 million watching the Boston Red Sox beat the St. Louis Cardinals in the last game.

http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/1929447/us-soccer-tv-ratings-top-nba-finals-average" rel="nofollow">http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/1929447/us-soccer-tv-ratings-top-nba-finals-average" rel="nofollow">http://www.espnfc.us/united-states/story/1929447/us-soccer-tv-ratings-top-nba-finals-average

[/QUOTE]

They are still losers in a game where no one really wins.

Sections
Shortcuts