Faux Indian Elizabeth Warren also a "faux " populist: She Backs ExIm Corporate Welfare Bank

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Faux Indian Elizabeth Warren also a "faux " populist: She Backs ExIm Corporate Welfare Bank

Warren kicked off her 15-minute speech at the Nutroots, er netroots Convention, talking of her work creating the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and facing the evil banks that are ripping people off. She then crowed that she took on those big banks, saying, "We fought back," and "we won."

"We won," she said, "because you and a zillion other people across this country got in the fight. ... You called out sleazy lobbyists and cowardly politicians" to "win this fight."

Yet, as Warren celebrated her big win against evil banks and corporations with the CFPB, leading her Netroots audience to think she is against corporations, she didn't mention that she now loves corporate welfare, as she supports the Export-Import Bank.

Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) may market herself as a progressive populist, but when forced to choose between everyday Americans and billion dollar international corporations, Warren sides with the corporations.

“Senator Warren believes that the Export-Import Bank helps create American jobs and spur economic growth," Warren spokeswoman Lacey Rose wrote in an e-mail to Bloomberg News, "She looks forward to reviewing re-authorization legislation if and when it is introduced."

In fact, the Export-Import Bank does not create any net jobs. Whatever jobs it does create for the corporations it subsidizes are lost by non-subsidized businesses.

In reality, all the Export-Import Bank really is, to quote then-candidate Barack Obama, is "little more than a fund for corporate welfare."

In FY 2013, the bank authorized financing totaling $27.3 billion—a 28 percent increase from 2009—including $636 million for China and $630 million for Russia.Taxpayers’ exposure now totals nearly $134 billion.

Multinational corporations attract the largest proportion of Ex–Im financing, including the construction and engineering firm of Bechtel, ranked by Forbes as the fourth-largest privately held company by revenue, and Lockheed Martin, valued in excess of $50 billion. But the bank’s foremost beneficiary is Boeing, the world’s largest aerospace company (with a market capitalization exceeding $91 billion). In the past five years, the company has profited from 197 Ex–Im deals totaling $48 billion. Last year alone, Boeing-related financing comprised 30 percent of all Ex–Im activity...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Re: Faux Indian Elizabeth Warren also a

Funny how the Tea Party types never fight real corporate welfare, like the 2014 Farm Bill that costs $1 trillion over ten years, or defense spending.  They save their energy for red herrings and fake outrage moments like the Ex-Im Bank.

The Export-Import Bank is self-funded by its own fees and has generated income for the Treasury since 1992, including $1 billion in FY 2013.  It reduces the deficit.....remember when conservatives cared about that?

And taxpayers will continue to see these returns, and U.S. companies, including thousands of small businesses, will continue to benefit from its financing.

"If it's working fine, then destroy it" - GOP 2014.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I kind of like the sound of President of the United States ,Elizabeth Warren or Supreme Court Justice Elizabeth Warren .

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I kind of like the sound of President of the United States ,Elizabeth Warren or Supreme Court Justice Elizabeth Warren .

[/QUOTE]

i'm sure you liked the sound of president jimmy carter and president barack obama too.  got us the 2 worst presidents in history.

why not go for the 3 times a charm thing, right? 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

Funny how the Tea Party types never fight real corporate welfare, like the 2014 Farm Bill that costs $1 trillion over ten years, or defense spending.  They save their energy for red herrings and fake outrage moments like the Ex-Im Bank.

The Export-Import Bank is self-funded by its own fees and has generated income for the Treasury since 1992, including $1 billion in FY 2013.  It reduces the deficit.....remember when conservatives cared about that?

And taxpayers will continue to see these returns, and U.S. companies, including thousands of small businesses, will continue to benefit from its financing.

"If it's working fine, then destroy it" - GOP 2014.

Loans from taxpayers make money? That is exactly what corporate crony crooks like Democrat Frankin Raines said about Fannie Mae back in the 90s and 00s...Raines made a hundred million and lined his pockets before the bottom fell out, while taxpayers had to pay for the bailout..

The ExImBank has endured some year-over-year losses, including heavy losses in 1987 that required a $3 billion taxpayer bailout. It also had losses after the Asian financial crisis of the 1990s. The crony Bank's  method of accounting which claims profits, naturally, does not take into consideration the "market risk" of making loans to entities that may default on the loans!

Although ExImBank is charged with supporting U.S. exports, the actual recipient of the loans and loan guarantees from ExImBank are usually foreign corporations and governments, such as billions for Mexico's state oil company, Pemex. 75% of its loans are to big corporations foreign and domestic. A corporate membership in the establishment New York City-based Council on Foreign Relations is almost a prerequisite for a loan from the ExImBank. The largest recipients of loans from ExImBank are companies such as Boeing, General Electric, Lockheed Martin, Deere & Company, Sikorsky Aircraft, and Dupont. All but the last two are CFR corporate members. 

To the extent Ex–Im does finance deals that the private sector supposedly snubs, taxpayers are justified in questioning whether they should be saddled with risk that private investors deem unacceptable. It is also difficult to reconcile bank officials’ assertions that they alone assist higher-risk exporters but still manage to offer competitive rates and generate profits.
     At Ex-Im's annual conference, one Wall Streeter described Ex-Im's loan guarantees "free money." Is Elizabeth Warren really fine with free money to Wall Street?

I am with you on the farm bill, too much porkulus, and too many Republicans at the trough..there were some Republicans who fought the good fight....but of course the Democrats , the Party of Government, their very purpose as a Party is to grow Government , spend other people's money, and fatten their corporate cronies...so Dems never supported any reform of the corrupt food stamp corporate giveaways or ridiculous ethanol subsidies.

Advocates also claim that the bank is necessary to create a “level playing field” vis-à-vis government subsidies to foreign firms, but only 2.2 percent of all U.S. exports last year received Ex–Im financing, which means that 98 percent of American exporters are competing without the bank’s intervention. Nor is the playing field leveled for the domestic firms that do not receive special treatment.

The June 24 Wall Street Journal report that the ExImBank has endured a bribery scandal where it has “suspended or removed four officials in recent months amid investigations into allegations of gifts and kickbacks, as well as attempts to steer federal contracts to favored companies, several people familiar with the matter said.” House Speaker John Boehner has even speculated the bribery scandal may bring down the bank....

The progressive support for the ExIm Bank is the best proof that today's progressive "populists" worship Big Government and Crony Capitalism, over the grassroots. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

I heard that Lizzys great, great,great  Granma  dated  GEORGE ARMSTRONG CUSTER !!!   Wonder if she got any of the death policy ???

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to babytut's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i'm sure you liked the sound of president jimmy carter and president barack obama too.  got us the 2 worst presidents in history.

[/QUOTE]

Well they were better than the troika of the Gipper , Bush 1 and dubya !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well they were better than the troika of the Gipper , Bush 1 and dubya !

[/QUOTE]

um, no they weren't.  check every poll. you are wrong.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Tut " um" you check the polls . I've seen what the policies of Reagan and the two Bushes have done to this country .

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

Tut " um" you check the polls . I've seen what the policies of Reagan and the two Bushes have done to this country .

the policies that made us all money and gave us safety and security?

I saw the "policies" of carter (18% interest rates, gas lines, hostages, and embarrassing failure), and I am seeing the DISASTER that is the obambi train wreck, with family income going backwards, more unemployed since the great depression, and the joke we have become around the world.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Don't get too excited there. She's married.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

In response to hypertext's comment:

[QUOTE]

I remember when Tut touted Rasmussen polls as the absolute incontrovertible reason why Obama couldn't possibly win a second term as president.   

[/QUOTE]

is that an imposter accusation andiejean?

you would have to be a fool to think obambi was not winning.  when was the last time an incumbent lost?

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I remember when Tut touted Rasmussen polls as the absolute incontrovertible reason why Obama couldn't possibly win a second term as president.   

[/QUOTE]

you would have to be a fool to think obambi was not winning.  when was the last time an incumbent lost?

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, BTW, for admitting you're Jmel. You see, it has always only been a matter of time for you to mess up. You've done it several times already. But this time is particularly telling.

[/QUOTE]

please do tell.  how is it that someone with 10 posts can identify who is who?  are you a whiny jewish "lawyer" that posts 23 out of 24 hours per day?  are you skeeter? are you V? 

not the first time someone has called me jme.  what do you want now now what do you want says it all the time.

is that how it is here?

sorry to disappoint you.  you are wrong you have a nice little fantasy going

[/QUOTE]

oops, jmel.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do college professors turned senator, who've never tried a case or judged a case become Supreme Court Justices? I honestly don't know. She certainly won't get in if Bader retires....just too soon. As for President....will never happen. Hillary would beat her like a red headed step-child.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, BTW, for admitting you're Jmel. You see, it has always only been a matter of time for you to mess up. You've done it several times already. But this time is particularly telling.

[/QUOTE]

please do tell.  how is it that someone with 10 posts can identify who is who?  are you a whiny jewish "lawyer" that posts 23 out of 24 hours per day?  are you skeeter? are you V? 

not the first time someone has called me jme.  what do you want now now what do you want says it all the time.

is that how it is here?

sorry to disappoint you.  you are wrong you have a nice little fantasy going

[/QUOTE]

The interesting thing to consider here is how do you figure that I think you're Jmel? Hmmmm? How did you deduce that? 

[/QUOTE]

And who are you? Clearly you're not new here. Just under a new name. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

The interesting thing to consider here is how do you figure that I think you're Jmel? Hmmmm? How did you deduce that? 

um, you SAID IT!

see:

Thanks, BTW, for admitting you're Jmel

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Do college professors turned senator, who've never tried a case or judged a case become Supreme Court Justices? I honestly don't know. She certainly won't get in if Bader retires....just too soon. As for President....will never happen. Hillary would beat her like a red headed step-child.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think that there is any qualifications to be a SCOTUS Justice .

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I always liked and enjoyed Jmel . I thought he was good guy.

Sections
Shortcuts