First in the Nation: Christie up Rubio down and Clinton is a Runaway Favorite

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

First in the Nation: Christie up Rubio down and Clinton is a Runaway Favorite

Interestsing, the formating was lost but the poll covers Feb, Apr and Jul 2013 by WMUR

This is from CNN

Republican Nomination in 2016 NH Primary

(Likely NH GOP Primary Voters)

"I’m going to read you the names of the candidates who are either running or considering running for the Republican 

nomination. If the Republican primary for president were held today, which of the following would you support for the 

Republican nomination Jeb Bush … Chris Christie … Ted Cruz … Bobbie Jindal … John Kasich … Rand Paul … Rick 

Perry …. Rob Portman … Marco Rubio … Paul Ryan … Rick Santorum … Scott Walker … or someone else?" ROTATE 

CANDIDATES

Feb. ‘13 Apr. ‘13 July ‘13

Chris Christie 14% 11% 21%

Rand Paul 8% 15% 16%

Jeb Bush 5% 5% 10%

Paul Ryan 11% 11% 8%

Marco Rubio 12% 15% 6%

Ted Cruz 1% 2% 4%

Rick Santorum 3% 4% 4%

Rick Perry 4%

Scott Walker 3% 1% 2%

Bobbie Jindal 2% 2% *

Rob Portman * 1% *

John Kasich *

Someone Else 2% 0% 3%

Don’t Know Yet 20% 23% 20%

(N) (209) (167) (199)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: First in the Nation: Christie up Rubio down and Clinton is a Runaway Favorite

Surprised Christie didnt do even better, and surprised Rand Paul finished second....

John Kasich, the Governor of Ohio is unknown now, but he may actually be a contender.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

Re: First in the Nation: Christie up Rubio down and Clinton is a Runaway Favorite

Chistie's schtick doese't work outside of the NE - people are used to abrasive bullies like Christie but despite his ability to "wow" the media/dumb beltway b*obs - he willnot have what i takes to win where it counts

Midwest/West - no appeal from the slightly blue-leaning, less caustic political types

South - his social liberal/moderate  stance- depends on issue jut won't cut it in the "Bible Belt"

I don't see any other potential candidate outside of John Huntsman running as a "Angus King" Democrat/Independent do the republicans have the slightest chance

Hillary would be fine but I don't like coronations - dem I supported Obama when she had a 50-pt lead on him on July 7, 2007 and she didn't win - If she wins, she has to earn it - period.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dcr400m. Show dcr400m's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

People like to say they support Rand Paul but they just won't pull the lever.

Too much crazy with that one.

I feel the ghost of Pat Paulsen - around Rand Paul

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Doesn't matter.  Hillary's going to have the biggest groundswell of support from women that America has ever seen.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Doesn't matter.  Hillary's going to have the biggest groundswell of support from women that America has ever seen.

Conventional wisdom says yes but.

Last time the man of color trumped gender.

Will an LBGT candidate trump gender this time?

If it does, then we will have proof of gender equality.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Ugh. Are they seriously starting up with this crap again. I was hoping not to hear anything about elections for at least a little while.

It'll probably be Christie or Rubio. I think Christie would have a better chance with the general populace, but who knows if he'll even want to run.

Huntsman should run as a moderately conservative D.

The Dems killed off the conservative Dems the last few congressional blue dogs are on the endangered species list.  The GOP can't stand compromise or a traditional political process which is why RINO's get rejected by the base, so the base then gets nothing (bitng one's nose to spite its face, this is what happened to Sen Brown)

8. This post has been removed.