For The Sixth Time In One Week, Man Shot At Gun Show

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: For The Sixth Time In One Week, Man Shot At Gun Show

Actually, I won't yield the point re the value of the Hunter Safety Course, or whatever it's called today, while you work at arguing both sides of the point.  In fact, my dear brother, who is to the right of you, swears by it for his daughter and girlfriends, my son - anyone - too.  

When we were young, it was considered a right of passage for young men by older men.  Most of whom had been in World War II, and who carried forward the conventional wisdom - including about weapons (and flags) - for their time.  In fact, it was not just conventional wisdom they felt compelled to convey.  They had faced no little effort to mitigate stupid with weapons through training.  So then should we.

Where we grew up, it was a requirement for getting a hunting license, which was then, per the conventional wisdom, proxy for being qualified to carry a weapon.  Or so we thought because it was what we were taught.  No arguing, back then.

But, either way you argue it, it was a waste of time.  Right?

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Can't really say, since I've never been...

...but isn't someone getting shot just part of the "show"...?

What good is a gun if you can't watch it in action and see how much damage it causes...?  

(Just like a carpet-cleaning demonstration...which would make a great cross-marketing push...i.e., 'how to clean intruder's blood and brains off your new shag')

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

3 times a day , someone gets hurt on Boston expressways.

A lame attempt by Sailor Sally. He compares car accidents to shootings! lol

you post was about poor handling of a controlled (object) gun. which can  be a danger to ones self. Idiots kill people with cars everyday. Prescription Drugs are more dangerous than guns.

Funny that you mention that "Prescription Drugs are more dangerous than guns". At least you need a prescription to get those drugs. But anyone can buy a Bushmaster on-line or at a gun-nut show.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadWolf7. Show BadWolf7's posts

Yes people have accidents. Guns are dangerous. How many people do you think cut off their fingers on a saw this past week.  How many people ran over someone in a car?

These are all accidents with tools.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to BadWolf7's comment:

Yes people have accidents. Guns are dangerous. How many people do you think cut off their fingers on a saw this past week.  How many people ran over someone in a car?

There are several modifications that could and do make power saws safe, particluarly table saws.  The tool industry has thus far refrained from adding them as standard equipment, due to the added unit costs.

Lots of wagging fingers (and rude salutations, natch) could be spared....

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

3 times a day , someone gets hurt on Boston expressways.

A lame attempt by Sailor Sally. He compares car accidents to shootings! lol

you post was about poor handling of a controlled (object) gun. which can  be a danger to ones self. Idiots kill people with cars everyday. Prescription Drugs are more dangerous than guns.

Funny that you mention that "Prescription Drugs are more dangerous than guns". At least you need a prescription to get those drugs. But anyone can buy a Bushmaster on-line or at a gun-nut show.

You do know anyone can get prescription drugs without a prescription, right?

I'm more worried about the nuts wacked out on meds than being shot. The over medicated drug addicts are more of a danger than Joe Shmo carring a gun.

No you can't. You can't just walk into a pharmacy and get vicoden. You must have a prescription for it.

You are worried about people whacked out nut jobs? Me too. The difference is that I would like to keep guns out of their hands.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

You do know anyone can get prescription drugs without a prescription, right? I'm more worried about the nuts wacked out on meds than being shot. The ovcaer medicated drug addicts are more of a danger than Joe Shmo carring a gun.

Upper middle class and upper class middle aged white males sure do beat a lot of people to death in their vicodin and valium induced rages.

I'd bet the odds of you getting shot are a heck of a lot lower than your chances of being hit by a drunk driver, a distracted driver or an over medicated driver.

Unless you own a gun. Then they are much higher.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I'd bet the odds of you getting shot are a heck of a lot lower than your chances of being hit by a drunk driver, a distracted driver or an over medicated driver.

Heh.

A low bar.  That covers pretty much everyone on the road.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to BadWolf7's comment:

There are several modifications that could and do make power saws safe, particluarly table saws.  The tool industry has thus far refrained from adding them as standard equipment, due to the added unit costs.

Lots of wagging fingers (and rude salutations, natch) could be spared....

You mean like safety switch on a gun? Or transfer bars?

Yes, indeed.

Or child- and tamper-proof pill bottles.