For The Sixth Time In One Week, Man Shot At Gun Show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

Re: For The Sixth Time In One Week, Man Shot At Gun Show

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

I'd bet the odds of you getting shot are a heck of a lot lower than your chances of being hit by a drunk driver, a distracted driver or an over medicated driver.

Heh.

A low bar.  That covers pretty much everyone on the road.

Would you agree then, your chances of being shot are much less than your chances of being hit by  a drunk driver?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I'd bet the odds of you getting shot are a heck of a lot lower than your chances of being hit by a drunk driver, a distracted driver or an over medicated driver.

Heh.

Would you agree then, your chances of being shot are much less than your chances of being hit by  a drunk driver?

Yes.  Mainly because I drive up to 25,000 miles a year.  The odds dictate it.

Now, if I were around or used guns often enough, the odds of being shot would also go up...wouldn't you agree...?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

You do know anyone can get prescription drugs without a prescription, right? I'm more worried about the nuts wacked out on meds than being shot. The ovcaer medicated drug addicts are more of a danger than Joe Shmo carring a gun.

Upper middle class and upper class middle aged white males sure do beat a lot of people to death in their vicodin and valium induced rages.

Unless you own a gun. Then they are much higher.

I disagree.

You can't just walk into a pharmacy and get vicoden. You must have a prescription for it.

Obviously, but you can get them without a prescription. Pick up a local paper and check the police log.

A)Disagree all you want. Facts don't lie.

B)Are you suggesting that because people commit crimes that there should be no laws?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Heh.

A small risk of great harm is something worth considering.  Lots of other countries have far lower rates of getting shot than we do and they accomplish it by limiting access to the dangerous intrumentality that causes the harm.  Why should we accept such a risk of harm as "normal" when others do not?

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Heh.

A small risk of great harm is something worth considering.  Lots of other countries have far lower rates of getting shot than we do and they accomplish it by limiting access to the dangerous intrumentality that causes the harm.  Why should we accept such a risk of harm as "normal" when others do not?

The Second Amendment?
    Not to worry, though... CBS just had a segment with the professor who thinks the Constitution is outdated and we should just get rid of it. Then the US would be just like these other countries liberals admire so much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

You do know anyone can get prescription drugs without a prescription, right? I'm more worried about the nuts wacked out on meds than being shot. The ovcaer medicated drug addicts are more of a danger than Joe Shmo carring a gun.

Upper middle class and upper class middle aged white males sure do beat a lot of people to death in their vicodin and valium induced rages.

I disagree.

You can't just walk into a pharmacy and get vicoden. You must have a prescription for it.

Obviously, but you can get them without a prescription. Pick up a local paper and check the police log.

B)Are you suggesting that because people commit crimes that there should be no laws?

Not at all.

I'm focusing on your arguement that guns dangerous. They are no more, and in my eyes are less dangerous than the chance I take each day on the road.

Please show me a link that my owning a gun would be statistically more dangerous, than my daily commute.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:

The rightwing gun-nuts are making the case for stricter gun control all by themselves.......lol

Gun activists designated last Saturday “Gun Appreciation Day” in an attempt to highlight their opposition to gun safety laws. The PR stunt proved to be more of an embarrassment, however, when 5 people were shot at 3 different gun shows on Gun Appreciation Day. On Friday afternoon, an Iowa gun dealer closed out the week by becoming the sixth person shot at a gun show. The man claims he was “showing off a .25 caliber pistol he thought was unloaded when he slid the action of the gun.” The gun was not unloaded, and a bullet went through his left palm.

After this incident, police found a second loaded weapon on the wounded gun dealer’s table.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/26/1500431/for-the-sixth-time-in-one-week-man-shot-at-gun-show/

Funny.  I've never shot myself or anyone else at a gun show.

So, tell me why my rights should be infringed?

Skeeter, who is trying to infringe on your rights? Are you against registering your guns? Are you against training? Do you think you should be able to own a 50 cal?

Yes, I am against registering my gun. When you register your hammer, I'll register my guns,

Not against training at all.  What gives you the idea that I am?  fishing? Trainign helps me use the weapon appropriately, lessening the ability of the bad guys to cause harm.

I think I should be able to own a 50 cal if I live in a situation where a 50 cal is the appropriate tool for self defense.  for example, one can mount 50 cals on thier boat if they travel the Gulf.  Plenty of drug dealers and "less than desirables" out there.  I would also deck mount 50 cals if I was travelling near the horn of africa.  See?  Appropriate tool for the situation.

Should I be able to mount a 50 cal on my car?  Well, as much as I would like to....no.

That last comment was a joke.  Telling you that just in case you are too tightly wound up on this insane need of yours to deny me my rights to bear arms.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

You do know anyone can get prescription drugs without a prescription, right? I'm more worried about the nuts wacked out on meds than being shot. The over medicated drug addicts are more of a danger than Joe Shmo carring a gun.

upper middle class aged white males?

You get the award for a post that is racist, ageist, class warfare, and irrelvant,  all at the same time.

Dude, you got issues.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

They doctor shop.

Most docs aren't going to assume a respectable looking "job creator" is lying to get drugs.

Opiate addicts are pretty hard to detect until they're deep in it and not caring for themselves anymore.

Who is they? "upperclass aged white males"?

What a tool.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

I disagree.

I was around guns growing up and never got shot. Same goes for my brother, mother and father. 

You personal experience only. Does not trump statistical data.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

I disagree.

Not at all.

I'm focusing on your arguement that guns dangerous. They are no more, and in my eyes are less dangerous than the chance I take each day on the road.

Please show me a link that my owning a gun would be statistically more dangerous, than my daily commute.

I am not going to do your homework for you. Your commute is very well regulated. ( Speed limits, driving laws, etc). Were there no speed limits or laws limiting what you can do on the road then I sure your  commute would be riskier no?

JC, do you support any restrictions on gun ownership ( mental health evaluations, criminal background check, limits on semi automatic weapons)?

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

I am not going to do your homework for you. Your commute is very well regulated. ( Speed limits, driving laws, etc). Were there no speed limits or laws limiting what you can do on the road then I sure your  commute would be riskier no?

You mean like how people can only shoot at gun ranges for target shooting? Or designated hunting areas?

People aren't walking around all over the place shooting off their guns whereever they want. There are laws limiting where one can shoot ones firearms

BINGO!!

Common sense has left the building with these people. Everything is data or facts with them.

DO ANY of them live in the real world? Put down the Huffington Post, turn off CNN and think in realistic terms.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

edit

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

JC, do you support any restrictions on gun ownership ( mental health evaluations, criminal background check, limits on semi automatic weapons)?

I have said all along take care of the mentally ill. You start at the root. That needs to be the first step. Then if evaluations are needed go from there.

Criminal background checks is a given.

Limits on semi's, not nessessary if the above measures are enforced. Don't take the guns from those that follow the rules. Just as you wouldn't take the keys from those that follow the rules. Capiche?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In 2012, 532 people were murdered in the city of Chicago. The leftwing gun grabbers are ignoring the best evidence that strict gun control laws dont work!

Actually this is a good argument for when the pubs blame the dems for benghazi.  If we cannot protect our own cities, how are we supposed to protect an embassy with limited security.  Security that was cut to the bone by Paul Ryan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In 2012, 532 people were murdered in the city of Chicago. The leftwing gun grabbers are ignoring the best evidence that strict gun control laws dont work!

Actually this is a good argument for when the pubs blame the dems for benghazi.  If we cannot protect our own cities, how are we supposed to protect an embassy with limited security.  Security that was cut to the bone by Paul Ryan.

How so?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

3 times a day , someone gets hurt on Boston expressways.

A lame attempt by Sailor Sally. He compares car accidents to shootings! lol

you post was about poor handling of a controlled (object) gun. which can  be a danger to ones self. Idiots kill people with cars everyday. Prescription Drugs are more dangerous than guns.

Funny that you mention that "Prescription Drugs are more dangerous than guns". At least you need a prescription to get those drugs. But anyone can buy a Bushmaster on-line or at a gun-nut show.

You do know anyone can get prescription drugs without a prescription, right?

I'm more worried about the nuts wacked out on meds than being shot. The over medicated drug addicts are more of a danger than Joe Shmo carring a gun.

We haven't seen almost weekly massacres by people wacked out on drugs, but we've seen plenty of people getting killed by guns.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts