For The Sixth Time In One Week, Man Shot At Gun Show

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

For The Sixth Time In One Week, Man Shot At Gun Show

The rightwing gun-nuts are making the case for stricter gun control all by themselves.......lol

Gun activists designated last Saturday “Gun Appreciation Day” in an attempt to highlight their opposition to gun safety laws. The PR stunt proved to be more of an embarrassment, however, when 5 people were shot at 3 different gun shows on Gun Appreciation Day. On Friday afternoon, an Iowa gun dealer closed out the week by becoming the sixth person shot at a gun show. The man claims he was “showing off a .25 caliber pistol he thought was unloaded when he slid the action of the gun.” The gun was not unloaded, and a bullet went through his left palm.

After this incident, police found a second loaded weapon on the wounded gun dealer’s table.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/26/1500431/for-the-sixth-time-in-one-week-man-shot-at-gun-show/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: For The Sixth Time In One Week, Man Shot At Gun Show

In 2012, 532 people were murdered in the city of Chicago. The leftwing gun grabbers are ignoring the best evidence that strict gun control laws dont work!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In 2012, 532 people were murdered in the city of Chicago. The leftwing gun grabbers are ignoring the best evidence that strict gun control laws dont work!

Nice try, gun-nut. But your side is losing. Maybe you'll want to secede? LOL

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to chiefhowie's comment:

3 times a day , someone gets hurt on Boston expressways.

A lame attempt by Sailor Sally. He compares car accidents to shootings! lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

7 murdered in Chicago last night...why, with strict gun control and those wonderful liberal policies in place for 40 years, shouldnt it be a wonderful place to live by now?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

7 murdered in Chicago last night...why, with strict gun control and those wonderful liberal policies in place for 40 years, shouldnt it be a wonderful place to live by now?

You are missing the point. Comparing a gun show..which is a controlled environment...to crimes committed with illegal guns is not really intellectually honest.

If the experts at the gun shows can't even keep themselves safe..then that goes to show just how far astray the NRA has gone. In their zest for profits..they've sacrificed gun safety.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

Let me get this right.

If someone at a car show runs over someone cus the brakes fail, or they forgot to take their foot of the gas pedal,  then all cars should be taken away?

If someone at a race track, dies. All cars should be taken off the track?

Don't even tell me it's apples to oranges. Because it isn't!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

The rightwing gun-nuts are making the case for stricter gun control all by themselves.......lol

Gun activists designated last Saturday “Gun Appreciation Day” in an attempt to highlight their opposition to gun safety laws. The PR stunt proved to be more of an embarrassment, however, when 5 people were shot at 3 different gun shows on Gun Appreciation Day. On Friday afternoon, an Iowa gun dealer closed out the week by becoming the sixth person shot at a gun show. The man claims he was “showing off a .25 caliber pistol he thought was unloaded when he slid the action of the gun.” The gun was not unloaded, and a bullet went through his left palm.

After this incident, police found a second loaded weapon on the wounded gun dealer’s table.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2013/01/26/1500431/for-the-sixth-time-in-one-week-man-shot-at-gun-show/

Funny.  I've never shot myself or anyone else at a gun show.

So, tell me why my rights should be infringed?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

I've been to many shows never have I ever witnessed anything like that story. I've been to shooting ranges since the age of 5, never have I ever witnessed any accidents.

In fact, I have witnessed three car accidents in the last week. One was a drunk driver.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:

I've been to many shows never have I ever witnessed anything like that story. I've been to shooting ranges since the age of 5, never have I ever witnessed any accidents.

In fact, I have witnessed three car accidents in the last week. One was a drunk driver.

Is it responsible to bring a five-year-old to a shooting range?  Did your folks let you drive there?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Anyone else think of Willie Sutton, right off?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

In response to slomag's comment:

Gun activists designated last Saturday â€ÂÂÂœGun Appreciation Day” in an attempt to highlight their opposition to gun safety laws. The PR stunt proved to be more of an embarrassment, however, when 5 people were shot at 3 different gun shows on Gun Appreciation Day. On Friday afternoon, an Iowa gun dealer closed out the week by becoming the sixth person shot at a gun show. The man claims he was â€ÂÂÂœshowing off a .25 caliber pistol he thought was unloaded when he slid the action of the gun.” The gun was not unloaded, and a bullet went through his left palm.

Is it responsible to bring a five-year-old to a shooting range?  Did your folks let you drive there?

Is it responsible to have a five-year old in a car and not in a car seat?

In my case, safety always came first.

In the case of a parent not putting a child in a car seat, safety is not an issue..

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Gun activists designated last Saturday â€ÂÂÂÂœGun Appreciation Day” in an attempt to highlight their opposition to gun safety laws. The PR stunt proved to be more of an embarrassment, however, when 5 people were shot at 3 different gun shows on Gun Appreciation Day. On Friday afternoon, an Iowa gun dealer closed out the week by becoming the sixth person shot at a gun show. The man claims he was â€ÂÂÂÂœshowing off a .25 caliber pistol he thought was unloaded when he slid the action of the gun.” The gun was not unloaded, and a bullet went through his left palm.

In the case of a parent not putting a child in a car seat, safety is not an issue..

No, no - with the shooting range you're participating in the action.  You're not just a passenger in the car - you're driving it.  I'd say it's a bad idea to let a five-year-old drive a car or shoot a gun.  But I'm sure the NRA would disagree.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Gun activists designated last Saturday â€ÂÂÂÂÂœGun Appreciation Day” in an attempt to highlight their opposition to gun safety laws. The PR stunt proved to be more of an embarrassment, however, when 5 people were shot at 3 different gun shows on Gun Appreciation Day. On Friday afternoon, an Iowa gun dealer closed out the week by becoming the sixth person shot at a gun show. The man claims he was â€ÂÂÂÂÂœshowing off a .25 caliber pistol he thought was unloaded when he slid the action of the gun.” The gun was not unloaded, and a bullet went through his left palm.

No, no - with the shooting range you're participating in the action.  You're not just a passenger in the car - you're driving it.  I'd say it's a bad idea to let a five-year-old drive a car or shoot a gun.  But I'm sure the NRA would disagree.

Yes, the NRA wants EVERONE armed. There is no bigger bunch of nutcases than in the NRA. Well, the GOP comes close......

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Skeeter, who is trying to infringe on your rights? Are you against registering your guns? Are you against training? Do you think you should be able to own a 50 cal?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

I never fired a gun at age 5. Don't know where you pulled that from.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

You are missing the point. Comparing a gun show..which is a controlled environment...to crimes committed with illegal guns is not really intellectually honest.

If the experts at the gun shows can't even keep themselves safe..then that goes to show just how far astray the NRA has gone. In their zest for profits..they've sacrificed gun safety.

Who said the people at gun shows are "experts"? "Experts" at what?

Handling a firearm correctly comes down to one thing and only one thing.....common sense. Unfortunately most people don't have common sense. Nor can common sense be taught or regulated.

I learned a lot in the Hunter Safety Course when I was 12, that I still remember.  

But if common sense is all that's needed, well, there ya go.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Who said the people at gun shows are "experts"? "Experts" at what?

Handling a firearm correctly comes down to one thing and only one thing.....common sense. Unfortunately most people don't have common sense. Nor can common sense be taught or regulated.

We have requirements in terms of classes and test taking for driving a car. People have to show a skill level before they can use the instrumentality.  "Common sense" can be taught through such experience.  But no such requirements for guns.   A car is a tool for transportation. A gun is a tool for killing.  This makes no sense at all.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I took the firearms safety course. All common sense stuff. Don't point gun at someone. Always assume gun is loaded. Keep finger off trigger until ready to shoot. Duh!

There ya go.  Pretty difficult to argue with these two posts.  In fact, maybe no one but you needs to be in this debate.

Sections
Shortcuts