For the Twinkie

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: For the Twinkie

I have never understood the fascination with Twinkies..I think they taste..well..like nothing. Of course I have biased when it comes to sweets. To me..if it's not chocolate then it's not worth it.

That being said..I picked up a few boxes of Twinkies at the outlet store the other day for a friend of mine. Now I hear they are selling on e-bay for a hundred dollars or so a box. Thank goodness for my friend I am not a capitalist at heart otherwise my friend would miss out on his tasteless Twinkies. ( although I do admit I the cupcakes are pretty neat.)

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I pray for the foresaken, whom have lost, or never found, their childhood, and cannot begret the Twinke.  Poor.  Sad Souls.  Ever longing, never finding - that simple moment - that simple moment of serenity, that simple essence of good...and yummy - just for the pure sake of good...and yummy.

The truly poorest of all God's children, and the truly neediest of our help.

You know.  Democrats.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven" - Jesus Christ 

[/QUOTE]

For me it`s Funny Bones.  The thought of never biting into one of those bad boys again is disturbing.

[/QUOTE]

See we can find common ground. Im a funny bones kinda guy too. Made by Drakes. And they're still around.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoneToTheDogs39. Show GoneToTheDogs39's posts

Hostess and Drakes merged in 1998 or 1999.

So they're both gone, but maybe a company in China will buy the rights and continue making them.   I grew up on snowballs and the cupcakes with the white squiggly lines, doesn't seem to hurt kids.    I haven't had one in decades, but I have fond memories  :) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Twinkies are gone.

This is not the country I grew up in.

Next, Obama will kill off McDonalds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I'd rather eat Bran flakes than all that junk.  People think I am kidding but you get past the name and you find they taste pretty good. One guy I work with said...."you put sugar on them, right?"....I said , "no they taste great with just milk." He made a disgusted face.

I am 54 and in great health ( well, physcally anyway) I believe my limiting intake of junk like Hostess and Drake's cakes, doughnuts, ice cream, cookies, etc has lots do with this.

I find the fascination with certain sweets to be mind-boggling. Popular junk like Oreos, Twinkies , Devil Dogs and ice cream bars are unhealthy foods , you should limit your intake of such junk. People with a Twinkies fixation need to fill their lives with other pleasurable alternatives....( doesn't have to be food or sex ).

Politics is another thing of which people should limit their intake , if you read about and think about this stuff all the time , it will drive you crazy. Take it from someone who is halfway there.

I think HE said, "Blessed are the cheesemakers."...but it is not to be taken literally, he meant all manufacturers of dairy products are equally blessed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

I pray for the foresaken, whom have lost, or never found, their childhood, and cannot begret the Twinke.  Poor.  Sad Souls.  Ever longing, never finding - that simple moment - that simple moment of serenity, that simple essence of good...and yummy - just for the pure sake of good...and yummy.

You know.  Democrats.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven" - Jesus Christ 

[/QUOTE]

Blow hard Trumka said it was Romney's fault.

Unfortunately 51 percent of the American public believe him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

No funny bones? Oh well, havent had them since I was twelve.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Twinkies are gone.

[/QUOTE]

Ill put money on that....

eh but you havent the balls....

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to miscricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I have never understood the fascination with Twinkies..I think they taste..well..like nothing. Of course I have biased when it comes to sweets. To me..if it's not chocolate then it's not worth it.

That being said..I picked up a few boxes of Twinkies at the outlet store the other day for a friend of mine. Now I hear they are selling on e-bay for a hundred dollars or so a box. Thank goodness for my friend I am not a capitalist at heart otherwise my friend would miss out on his tasteless Twinkies. ( although I do admit I the cupcakes are pretty neat.)

[/QUOTE]

You aren't a capitalist? You picked a funny country to live in I guess. 

[/QUOTE]

Believe it or not..not everyone in the US believes capitalism is king at all costs. I guess I should qualify to say that I am not a capitalist in the sense that I would make a buck at the expense of a friend. To me relationships trump money anyhow.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Mexico will start exporting Twinkies to the USA soon. More jobs run out of the USA!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to jmel's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

You know.  Democrats.

[/QUOTE]

For me it`s Funny Bones.  The thought of never biting into one of those bad boys again is disturbing.

[/QUOTE]

Funny Bones are great.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

[QUOTE]

You know.  Democrats.

"Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the Kingdom of Heaven" - Jesus Christ  [/QUOTE]

@Greg,

Another quote that fits the occasion, by the irrepressible and inimitable master chef, with the same initials (JC): 

"How can a nation be called great if its bread tastes like Kleenex?"    Julia Child

:D

Time to bid Wonder Bread farewell.    As for bread in general, who can afford a decent loaf of bread?   I stopped buying my (former) favorite brand of bread when it exceeded the price  I was willing to pay, well over a year ago, maybe longer.   As for Wonder Bread, my mum refused to buy it when I was a kid, and I'd venture to say I've only eaten a few slices of it in my life -- and I don't feel deprived.  ;-)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Twinkies are gone.

[/QUOTE]

The implication being that the demise of Hostess is Obama's fault...?

That ODS of yours is raging again...better get that checked out....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

This whole episode has made me happy and thankful that my fondest childhood memories are nestled in things other than mass-produced cake-foods.

Count me out of the inevitable mourning over the demise of spaghettios while you're at it....