2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Former President Bush shaves head to support cancer patient

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sorry, that was a little harsh of me. But the whole shaving of ones head in support of cancer goes back to breast cancer. Men of all ages shave their heads, often for vanity, and isn't really a big deal. But women undergoing chemo tend to loose their hair which adds insult to injury. When the trend started it was healthy women who chose to shave their hair in support of loved ones. Those are truly the brave and caring.

[/QUOTE]

jed,

Thanks for that. His heart may have been in the right place but he just does not get it like you do. 

I cannot imagine anyone in this life who has not gone thru breast cancer with a loved one. As for we women, the saying goes 12% of women get breast cancer...100% of women worry about getting breast cancer.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Wtf....negative comments on an act done out of kindness and caring? Unreal. I'll refrain from saying what I really think as I don't want my post pulled. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to ms-obstinate99's comment:

Well it speaks volumes when political differences can't be put aside for someone doing something in support of a cancer victim.

Here's the group photo of all the other supporters.

George H.W. Bush Shaves Head to Show Support for Young Cancer Patient

DING! You nailed it! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppannos. Show ppannos's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

he should cut off his head in support of humanity.

You hold high American, moral and Christian values comrade.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

I like the look

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to ppannos' comment:

[QUOTE]

he should cut off his head in support of humanity.

You hold high American, moral and Christian values comrade.

[/QUOTE]

i'm not a christian, comrade. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

supporters a.k.a. bush's secret service team. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sorry, that was a little harsh of me. But the whole shaving of ones head in support of cancer goes back to breast cancer. Men of all ages shave their heads, often for vanity, and isn't really a big deal. But women undergoing chemo tend to loose their hair which adds insult to injury. When the trend started it was healthy women who chose to shave their hair in support of loved ones. Those are truly the brave and caring.

[/QUOTE]

jed,

Thanks for that. His heart may have been in the right place but he just does not get it like you do. 

I cannot imagine anyone in this life who has not gone thru breast cancer with a loved one. As for we women, the saying goes 12% of women get breast cancer...100% of women worry about getting breast cancer.

[/QUOTE]

I guess none of the other supporters "get it" either.  Undecided

[/QUOTE]

MO,

I did say his heart was probably in the right place. However there is a difference between men and women in this area.

If I do it, I am shaving off shoulder length hair which is part of my feminitity. If my husband shaves his head, though he has a full head of hair he keeps it very short. His shaving it off does not reduce his masculinity at all. If we walked down the street, people would think not much about my husband but would surely stare at my bald head.

It is just not the same. And for a lot of men, they have already lost a lot of their hair to nature. It is even less of a big deal. In some cases it is an improvement.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

I like the look

bp,

Good for you. I think men should own that look. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

He is a decent guy ......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

jed,

[/QUOTE]

I guess none of the other supporters "get it" either.  Undecided

[/QUOTE]

MO,

I did say his heart was probably in the right place. However there is a difference between men and women in this area.

If I do it, I am shaving off shoulder length hair which is part of my feminitity. If my husband shaves his head, though he has a full head of hair he keeps it very short. His shaving it off does not reduce his masculinity at all. If we walked down the street, people would think not much about my husband but would surely stare at my bald head.

It is just not the same. And for a lot of men, they have already lost a lot of their hair to nature. It is even less of a big deal. In some cases it is an improvement.

[/QUOTE]

These guys shaving their heads is about support. Nothing more, nothing less.  None of these guys or any other guy who shaves his head to show support is saying what they are doing is some amazing sacrifice. You don't think us men know it's MUCH harder for women to lose/shave their hair? We know that. No one is saying men shaving their head is the same as a woman doing it. Men shaving their head is a gesture of support to those going through a tough time. Christ...talk about a Debbie downer.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

President Bush shaves head

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/local&id=9183749

He is a decent guy ......

[/QUOTE]

Sister,

You are right. He is a decent guy. And none of this was about politics. It was about cancer, an equal opportunity disease. 

And if not one more loved one in my life gets cancer, any type of cancer, it will still be one too many. 

There is no disease that has ripped thru my life like cancer has. So yes, I appreciate what Bush Sr. did. Drawing a distinction does not lessen that appreciation.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to terrified-sheeple's comment:

Please, I'm going to vomit. We're talking about a war criminal and traitor here. This gangster should be lucky die in jail.

Don't think so?

That's because, as usual, you simply don't know who he is.

His daddy was Prescott Bush, a confirmed and fined Nazi supporter who's protege was none other than Richard Nixon. And, as they say, the "Apple doesn't fall far from the tree".

Everyone 6 years of age older, in 1963, knows where they were the day JFK was whacked. Everyone, that is, except for good old "Poppy' who has stated publicly he "doesn't remember where he was that day".

I guess working for the CIA makes for a bad memory. But, it's notable that pictures outside the school depository immediately after the JFK murder, show the young "Poppy' Bush standing in front of the building.

I know. Up is down, and white is black, like  Dzohkar's back pack was white not black. But why try to actually think? LI mean, it's all about having "fun" and being "cool", right?

Of course, good old "Poppy" was the head of the CIA's drug running out of SE Asia and later, South America. This was confirmed by the famous Colonel Bo Gritz. Richard Armitage was the "Director" of teh heoin coming out of Viet Nam at the time. later, to be appointed a bif position in Shrub Jr's admisstratin.

As VP he ran the FED side of the Mena AR drug running. He squashed aruond 6 Grand Juries formed to investigate the ring and the 20 or so kids that were whacked.

His fellow CIA protege, Bill Clinton, then Governor of Arkansas, squashed 5-6 state formed grand juries investigating the same thing. Lots and lots of dead bodies. Just like the Boston Bombing, JFK assasination etc.

Then, as president, Good old "Poppy", started the Iraq war after double crossing the CIA's long time buddy, Saddam Hussein.

US Ambassador April Glasbie, signed off on Iraq's offensive to take back it's oil fileds from Kuwait. The Kuwaiti's had been "Slant Drilling" to get at oil fields physically located in Iraq.

When he did, Bush immediately double crossed him. It's all lies, all the time. Every president since "Poppy" has been CIA bred. Every single one. But, I digress.

Ther's a lot more. Good Old "Poppy" was also indirectly involved in 911 as partners with the Bin Ladens in the Carlysle Group, one of the largest military industrial investment groups in the world.

"Poopy" was at a Carlysle Group meeting with members of the Bin Laden family, the day of the 911 false flag attacks.

This f*cking criminal should be in prison, not being lauded as some kind of "Hero". This is what total ignorance begets us. Serial murderers, becomg "Horeos". like Ghengis Khan or Stalin, or Mao...etc......

Cuckoo...cuckoo...cuckoo

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

This isn't about President Bush .... it's about that little boy .... btw I have the same kind of haircut ....... if someone would care to post where I could send a donation to that particular young boy I would appreciate it .......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

The website to donate to this little boy is www.patrickspals.org

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

This isn't about President Bush .... it's about that little boy .... btw I have the same kind of haircut ....... if someone would care to post where I could send a donation to that particular young boy I would appreciate it .......

the title coulda fooled me.... send your donation to a poor kid with cancer who doesn't get special attention and funding from elitist war criminals. send your donations to the kids who don't get their picture taken and put into a news article. this kid has it better than most.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

done !

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

the title coulda fooled me.... send your donation to a poor kid with cancer who doesn't get special attention and funding from elitist war criminals. send your donations to the kids who don't get their picture taken and put into a news article. this kid has it better than most.

[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to your opinion ....... the same that I'm entitled to mine ..... respectfully start a another discussion about President bush if you would like and I'll be more than happy to participate

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

I am not a fan of Bush 41 politically, but he seems to come across a lot better than Bush 43 did. Anyway I was touched by the expression of support for the little boy with cancer.

Certainly it is much less of a decision for a guy to shave his head than it is for a woman. MUCH less. But it is still a great gesture on the part of the sky-diving old fart.

Sections
Shortcuts