Former President Bush shaves head to support cancer patient

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Former President Bush shaves head to support cancer patient

It is beyond belief how anyone could take this act of kindness and turn it into something negative. Since when are we rating kind gestures? I commend Bush Sr. for this action. It's a symbolic one and one that I am sure touched this child's family tremendously.

Yes..breast cancer stinks..and it's adding insult to injury for a woman to lose her hair..but you know what..? I know a lot of women who have fought breast cancer and won..and not a single one of them cared about losing their hair in the grand scheme of things. When you are fighting for your life..things like pretty hair don't seem as important.

I lost a friend to breast cancer back a few months ago. I know most of us would give anything to have her back with or without hair.

The side effects of cancer are hard on everyone. It can be just as hard on  a man and especially a child to lose their hair as well.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

It is beyond belief how anyone could take this act of kindness and turn it into something negative. Since when are we rating kind gestures? I commend Bush Sr. for this action. It's a symbolic one and one that I am sure touched this child's family tremendously.

Yes..breast cancer stinks..and it's adding insult to injury for a woman to lose her hair..but you know what..? I know a lot of women who have fought breast cancer and won..and not a single one of them cared about losing their hair in the grand scheme of things. When you are fighting for your life..things like pretty hair don't seem as important.

I lost a friend to breast cancer back a few months ago. I know most of us would give anything to have her back with or without hair.

The side effects of cancer are hard on everyone. It can be just as hard on  a man and especially a child to lose their hair as well.

Well said!

My mother has gone through breast cancer....twice. She's a freaking warrior in my eyes. 

Sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Cancer sucks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Nice post, I was beside myself reading half of the negative and down right mean spirited negative posts.

George HW Bush is a good man who wears cool socks and now has a rockin non-hair style.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

Nice post, I was beside myself reading half of the negative and down right mean spirited negative posts.

George HW Bush is a good man who wears cool socks and now has a rockin non-hair style.

[/QUOTE]

Can you imagine the outrage from people like Airborne, Billthecat, WDYWN, Alleycat, Username, if this was a former Dem president and it was conservatives making these nagative comments??? Funny how not a word from them when it's people on their side though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Though it is just a hair cut, the fact that a former president did it makes a powerful statement, and my guess is the funds raised for that young child will be considerably greater as a result.  Bravo, to Mr. Bush, a 5 minute head shaving may make a world a difference for that family.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Can you imagine the outrage from people like Airborne, Billthecat, WDYWN, Alleycat, Username, if this was a former Dem president and it was conservatives making these nagative comments??? Funny how not a word from them when it's people on their side though.

Sorry coach.  I wasn't aware I was required to post on every thread. 

And I didn't realize we had teams here.  If we do, how did the hate-everything trolls end up on "my side".

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....struck so deep that he's got me off ignore AGAIN...BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppannos. Show ppannos's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

In response to MrCricket's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

This isn't about President Bush .... it's about that little boy .... btw I have the same kind of haircut ....... if someone would care to post where I could send a donation to that particular young boy I would appreciate it .......

the title coulda fooled me.... send your donation to a poor kid with cancer who doesn't get special attention and funding from elitist war criminals. send your donations to the kids who don't get their picture taken and put into a news article. this kid has it better than most.

[/QUOTE]

You are entitled to your opinion ....... the same that I'm entitled to mine ..... respectfully start a another discussion about President bush if you would like and I'll be more than happy to participate

[/QUOTE]

A little quick on the trigger.

Your hatred for Bush shines bright. You completely missed the humanitarian element.

Your mirror must take a beating.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Wow...apparently User or WDYWN didn't like my posts and had them removed. Not surprising.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregoryFromMeffa. Show GregoryFromMeffa's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sorry, that was a little harsh of me. But the whole shaving of ones head in support of cancer goes back to breast cancer. Men of all ages shave their heads, often for vanity, and isn't really a big deal. But women undergoing chemo tend to loose their hair which adds insult to injury. When the trend started it was healthy women who chose to shave their hair in support of loved ones. Those are truly the brave and caring.

[/QUOTE]

jed,

Thanks for that. His heart may have been in the right place but he just does not get it like you do. 

I cannot imagine anyone in this life who has not gone thru breast cancer with a loved one. As for we women, the saying goes 12% of women get breast cancer...100% of women worry about getting breast cancer.

[/QUOTE]

Why just breast cancer?  You do realize GHW lost a child to cancer right?  The kids dad is in his Secret Service force, and the rest of them are doing it to.  My brothers and I did it when leukemia was taking my sister.  Way too much hate in this room.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to GregoryFromMeffa's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Sorry, that was a little harsh of me. But the whole shaving of ones head in support of cancer goes back to breast cancer. Men of all ages shave their heads, often for vanity, and isn't really a big deal. But women undergoing chemo tend to loose their hair which adds insult to injury. When the trend started it was healthy women who chose to shave their hair in support of loved ones. Those are truly the brave and caring.

[/QUOTE]

jed,

Thanks for that. His heart may have been in the right place but he just does not get it like you do. 

I cannot imagine anyone in this life who has not gone thru breast cancer with a loved one. As for we women, the saying goes 12% of women get breast cancer...100% of women worry about getting breast cancer.

[/QUOTE]

Why just breast cancer?  You do realize GHW lost a child to cancer right?  The kids dad is in his Secret Service force, and the rest of them are doing it to.  My brothers and I did it when leukemia was taking my sister.  Way too much hate in this room.

[/QUOTE]

Excellent point; GHW lost a 4 year old daughter to leukemia the same cancer the young boy has.  Yeah I think he has a legitimate connection.  I lost my mother to breast cancer and my father to colon cancer, they both hurt me.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

In response to GregoryFromMeffa's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

jed,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent point; GHW lost a 4 year old daughter to leukemia the same cancer the young boy has.  Yeah I think he has a legitimate connection.  I lost my mother to breast cancer and my father to colon cancer, they both hurt me.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry for your losses. Today is the anniversary of my dad passing four years ago from cancer. Still doesn't seem real.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I have to add..that given what Andiejen has told us about her husband's struggle with cancer..I was pretty stunned at her position on this.

Sections
Shortcuts