FORT HOOD......

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Re: FORT HOOD......

In Response to Re: FORT HOOD......:
    This discussion should be focused on PTSD and what our military/hospitals are not doing for our returning vets. We are hiding from the lurking danger with all who are exposed (on battle front, back lines, or seeing destroyed bodies/minds back home). BO should be immediately announcing a major investment in GI/Vet Mental Health.
    Posted by Alberto50

The guy is a islamic radical who murdered them because they are not!!

FRICKIN PERIOD!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: FORT HOOD...... : The guy is a islamic radical who murdered them because they are not!! FRICKIN PERIOD!!
    Posted by sk8ter2008

You are shooting from the hip...  Best let an investigation explore all potential issues.   We may learn something useful that can insure this tragedy does not occur again.   Or you can continue to embrace an emotionalism that clouds your senses.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

I watched Obama's speech at Fort Hood's Memorial service yesterday.  it was very good.  He did a great job.  He sounded like a Commander in Chief for the first time in his career. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: FORT HOOD...... : You are shooting from the hip...  Best let an investigation explore all potential issues.   We may learn something useful that can insure this tragedy does not occur again.   Or you can continue to embrace an emotionalism that clouds your senses.
    Posted by Reubenhop

I want the guy to have due process and be tried by a court of his peers in a fair and innocent until proven guilty climate.

Those were my personal beliefs based on the first had accounts of him yelling "ALLAH AKBAR" and the allegations of his communications with other suspected terrorist and trying to contact al queda.

What upset me about this (other than the act) was the way the possibility of it being terror related was immediately dismissed by government officials mainly Gen Casey. He stated that his first action was to tell his officers to protect other muslims soldiers from backlash. That would have been fine if he would have also said, lets make sure in case this was an inside terrorist that we are on the look out for others.

He is responsible for providing safety to all not just muslims and it wasn't 13 musilms that were murdered!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

Food for thought..

Free Speech Rights Prevented Probe Into Hasan E-Mails, Investigator Says

The claim comes as officials in different branches of law enforcement and the military squabble over who knew what when about Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan's leanings toward faith-inspired violence, and as charges fly that 'political correctness' prevented officials from taking action and is still being used as a crutch in explaining the rampage after the fact. 

Investigators would have been "crucified" over First Amendment rights if they had they launched a full-scale probe into e-mails Fort Hood massacre suspect Army Maj. Nidal Malik Hasan allegedly sent to a radical imam, a government investigator told Fox News.

The claim comes as the squabble grows among officials in different branches of law enforcement and the military over who knew what, and when, about Hasan's leanings toward faith-inspired violence, and charges that "political correctness" prevented officials from taking pre-emptive action. 

The government counterterrorism investigator familiar with the FBI's review of the Fort Hood case told Fox News that they simply did not have enough evidence to launch an investigation. Though officials discovered Hasan's e-mails to the imam, the investigator said the messages suggested he was seeking "spiritual and religious guidance." 

"Had we launched an investigation of Hasan we'd have been crucified," the investigator said, adding that the communications were shared with the "appropriate chains." 

But even after the attacks, some have been reluctant to cite religion as a factor, as evidence has mounted that the alleged gunman's Muslim faith was at least a partial factor in the decision to mount the attack. 

Chicago Mayor Richard Daley pointed to America's "love" affair with guns as the driving factor behind last week's shooting at Fort Hood, becoming the latest and possibly most prominent figure to show a reluctance to cite religion. 

Daley, whose city has suffered through a rash of violence in recent months, made the connection while talking to reporters. 

"Every day in society someone's being killed. Unfortunately, America loves guns. We love guns to a point that we see the devastation on a daily basis," he said. "You don't blame a group. You don't blame a society, immigrant community because of actions of one group, one individual -- you cannot say that." 

SPIN !

The Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence issued a statement last week saying that legislative measures to increase the availability of guns should be rejected in light of the attack. 

"America has seen an epidemic of horrific gun violence at churches and synagogues, workplaces, health clubs, high schools, universities, police stations and now Army bases. This latest tragedy, at a heavily fortified army base, ought to convince more Americans to reject the argument that the solution to gun violence is to arm more people with more guns in more places. Enough is enough," the organization's president, Paul Helmke, said. 

MORE SPIN

Witnesses report hearing Hasan yell "Allahu Akbar" -- "God is Great" -- during the rampage. Hasan once gave a presentation justifying homicide bombings, according to witnesses. In one presentation, he also urged the military to let Muslim members leave the service to avoid "adverse" effects. 

But some pointed to stress as a leading factor. 

YET MORE SPIN

"We're dealing with a very different kind of war here," Dr. Phil McGraw, a celebrity psychologist, told CNN's Larry King on Thursday night. "And we know that there is a tremendous degree of stress with this war. And I think the military will tell you that it's a new animal and nobody knows exactly what to do with it." 

But "political correctness" has been cited as a reason why warning signs from Hasan were potentially overlooked by the military in the first place. Some see Hasan being treated the same way in the wake of the shooting. 

Bernard Goldberg, a former CBS News correspondent, took the media to task for its coverage.

"What's the story line they run with? Religion? Of course not. Can't do that. He's a Muslim," he said Friday on Fox News' "The O'Reilly Factor." 

"They run with post-traumatic stress syndrome because that gives them a chance to take a shot at a couple of wars they never liked from the get-go," Goldberg asserted. 

Privately, top Army officers have acknowledged that the massacre may have been a terrorist act. 

In a series of e-mails sent 24 hours after the shootings and obtained by Fox News, one colonel in a two-star command instructed subordinate officers: "Please send a message to our training centers, the (logistics support bases), and the (divisions) advising them of ...(their) responsibility to provide this command a status of their respective anti-terrorism plans." 

Publicly, however, the army's chief of staff seemed reluctant to acknowledge what appears to be the dominant factor in Hasan's world view: his turn toward Islamist views as he turned against the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. 

"I think the speculation could potentially heighten backlash against some of our Muslim soldiers," said Army Chief of Staff Gen. George Casey. "And what happened at Fort Hood was a tragedy, but I believe it would be an even greater tragedy if our diversity becomes a casualty here." 

W T F !! SPIN

Some other commentators took note of Hasan's faith only to suggest that its consideration served  to rile up conservatives. 

"I cringe that he's a Muslim," said Evan Thomas of Newsweek. "I mean, because it inflames all the fears. I think he's probably just a nut case. But with that label attached to him, it will get the right wing going and it just -- I mean these things are tragic, but that makes it much worse." 

Fox News contributor Monica Crowley called that assessment "incredible." 

"I think he's knee-deep in political correctness, as so many people are, including now, as we know, the United States military. Political correctness is turning out to be the death of this country," she said. 

Satirical blogger Barry Rubin of "The Rubin Report" wondered if today's New York Times covering the Lincoln assassination would overlook the fact that John Wilkes Booth shouted out a Confederate motto after the shooting and report instead that he "was psychologically unstable...frightened of the Civil War coming to an end and having to face a peacetime actors' surplus."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeutralObserver. Show NeutralObserver's posts

"LET'S START WITH THE FOOLISH LIBERALS THAT HAVE HAD THEIR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS FOR TOO LONG...... MY GOODNESS,  9/11 WAS NOT THAT LONG AGO.......THEN YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE $$$$, FREE EDUCATION FOR  TIME RETURNED IN THE SERVICE.....THEN, THE MANS BACKGROUND, DAH !!!! AND THEN, HIS JOB WAS TO WORK WITH OUR MEN & WOMEN WHEN THEY RETURNED FROM THAT "HECK HOLE" WITH PROBLEMS ACQUIRED "OVER THERE"....... AND, NOBODY SAW THIS COMING ??  2 + 2 STILL = 4......   THIS IS NOT GOING TO GO DOWN WELL IN AMERICA TODAY.......  HEADS WILL/SHOULD ROLL ON THIS ONE !!!  "

In case you can't count or are just a dumb idealogue, this guy got into the Army ans was trained during the Bush presidency. That is unless the guy could do 7 years of school and training in 9 months. So you're little diatribe towards liberals should be directed towards Bush and his administration.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NeutralObserver. Show NeutralObserver's posts

In Response to Re: FORT HOOD...... : The guy is a islamic radical who murdered them because they are not!! FRICKIN PERIOD!!
    Posted by sk8ter2008

That's correct, a radical, outside of the mainstream of Islamic doctrine.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: FORT HOOD...... : That's correct, a radical, outside of the mainstream of Islamic doctrine.
    Posted by NeutralObserver

I agree

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

In case you can't count or are just a dumb idealogue, this guy got into the Army ans was trained during the Bush presidency. That is unless the guy could do 7 years of school and training in 9 months. So you're little diatribe towards liberals should be directed towards Bush and his administration.
    Posted by NeutralObserver

ARe you serious? You hold the Bush Admin directly responsible for every decision and non decision made during their reign?

Better seek some anger management counseling.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: FORT HOOD...... : This is just simple repetition....used as a talking point. When I heard dumbaZZ Michelle McPhee follow up behind the toad-like Severino with this I expected Mac or the others here to repeat and rinse..... Its not going to fly because his words were really heard when it came to the families and wounded. I know the RW hates Obama but this is hardly an event to get partisan.....(only in my dreams) but knowing how these evil folks will attack again...here we are. I wish they just had some tiny sliver of shame but id be better off creating gold from air before people like Mac and the other RW repeaters have a sliver of good sense. Ifyou see how this president has acted in contrast to the previous one on military services, most humans (not RWers of course) will not be swayed that the current president really cares about this issue and has been working ot address it with real responsible Military people (McHugh, Casey, and Sinsecki) It won't fly Mac, swing and a big huge miss this time
    Posted by PS911fan

I actually saw it on foxnews.com and the clip was @6 minutes. His first mention was @2.47 in. That means they stayed for @3.13 after the first mention so no they didn't just cut that small snippet.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, looks like a duck........guess what? IT IS A FRICKING DUCK!!!!!

Nidal Hasan is/was/always will be a terrorist.

However, I am expecting any time now the left wing loonies, the left wing press and media and the Obama Administration to call this guy a

" AN UNDOCUMENTED ISLAMIC MENTOR FOR THE CAUSE OF MANMADE DISASTER"

because that would be better then calling the guy WHAT HE IS!!!!

A RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST

"'not all muslims are terrorists (most are not), but all the terrorists so far have been muslim"   - Jay Severin

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, looks like a duck........guess what? IT IS A FRICKING DUCK!!!!! Nidal Hasan is/was/always will be a terrorist. However, I am expecting any time now the left wing loonies, the left wing press and media and the Obama Administration to call this guy a " AN UNDOCUMENTED ISLAMIC MENTOR FOR THE CAUSE OF MANMADE DISASTER" because that would be better then calling the guy WHAT HE IS!!!! A RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST "'not all muslims are terrorists (most are not), but all the terrorists so far have been muslim"   - Jay Severin
    Posted by gabootwo2006

Gaboo - First, to quote Jay Severin is dangerous. He is an idiot and people will take you less seriously. Second, he is (again) wrong. McVeigh wasn't Muslim. Third, You are right, Hassan is a terrorist and should be tried for treason.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

In Response to Re: FORT HOOD...... : Gaboo - First, to quote Jay Severin is dangerous. He is an idiot and people will take you less seriously. Second, he is (again) wrong. McVeigh wasn't Muslim. Third, You are right, Hassan is a terrorist and should be tried for treason.
    Posted by brat13

Brat13,

For starters, Jay isn't an idiot, he is just a straight talker who has an opposing view you don't agree with.  I just thought that his quote was a perfect fit for this discussion.

Secondly, who would you want me to listen to? The liberal boobs over at CNBC? How about Jim Braude in the morning on the way to work who is so "in love" with himself and is soooo arrogant that he thinks he is right on everything from banning this and taxing that to trying to tell us what to think and how to think? I don't know how his partner Margory (know I spelled that wrong) puts up with him. How about WBZ in the morning which has a liberal slant to all thier news? 

Would you be happy then?

Thirdly, I wasn't talking about Timothy McVeigh (the Domestic American TERRORIST). I was discussing about Hasan who IS A RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST. The only difference with him is that he lives here unlike most of the other terrorists we hear about in the news from overseas.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

In Response to Re: FORT HOOD...... : Brat13, For starters, Jay isn't an idiot, he is just a straight talker who has an opposing view you don't agree with.  I just thought that his quote was a perfect fit for this discussion. Secondly, who would you want me to listen to? The liberal boobs over at CNBC? How about Jim Braude in the morning on the way to work who is so "in love" with himself and is soooo arrogant that he thinks he is right on everything from banning this and taxing that to trying to tell us what to think and how to think? I don't know how his partner Margory (know I spelled that wrong) puts up with him. How about WBZ in the morning which has a liberal slant to all thier news?  Would you be happy then? Thirdly, I wasn't talking about Timothy McVeigh (the Domestic American TERRORIST). I was discussing about Hasan who IS A RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST. The only difference with him is that he lives here unlike most of the other terrorists we hear about in the news from overseas.  
    Posted by gabootwo2006

LOL, No I hate Braude (and he loves himself ALMOST as much as Severin) but a better one to listen to would be Michael Graham, or ANY other conservative talk host (yes I am conservative). Severin is an idiot. He is a closet gay homophobe (is that possible?) with his crap about always wanting women. I think he has serious issues with his man-hood. A straight talker? ROTFLMAO! He wanted to nuke Iraq when it was a quagmire then tried to take credit for the idea of the surge after it was successful. I have heard him many times and he is an idiot!

I know who you were talking about. You added a quote from Severin that said "All terrorists are Muslim" which is factually wrong (most of what Severin says is factually wrong)! Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist and he was NOT Muslim.

I was discussing about Hasan who IS A RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST
    That is the part I was agreeing with...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gabootwo2006. Show gabootwo2006's posts

In Response to Re: FORT HOOD...... : LOL, No I hate Braude (and he loves himself ALMOST as much as Severin) but a better one to listen to would be Michael Graham, or ANY other conservative talk host (yes I am conservative). Severin is an idiot. He is a closet gay homophobe (is that possible?) with his crap about always wanting women. I think he has serious issues with his man-hood. A straight talker? ROTFLMAO! He wanted to nuke Iraq when it was a quagmire then tried to take credit for the idea of the surge after it was successful. I have heard him many times and he is an idiot! I know who you were talking about. You added a quote from Severin that said "All terrorists are Muslim" which is factually wrong (most of what Severin says is factually wrong)! Timothy McVeigh was a terrorist and he was NOT Muslim. I was discussing about Hasan who IS A RADICAL ISLAMIC TERRORIST That is the part I was agreeing with...
    Posted by brat13

OK, you don't like Severin and like Michael Graham better. Got it. Severin can be excessive with his sexually charged talk sometimes, but that is his personality just like Michael Graham can be "over the top" at times also. I take that as a personality flaw and don't read into it too much. However, on the straight talker charge, I do find him to be a "no B.S. kind of guy" and I like to listen to that.

As for the quote, I messed it up (my bad). It should have read "All terrorists since 9-11 up to this point have been muslim, but not all muslims (a vast majority of them) are not terrorists". I guess your argument about Timothy McVeigh is a bit different because what he did was before 9-11 and it doesn't equate with the "war on terror".  Plus, his reasoning for doing such terrorism was different then what can be interpretted in the Koran.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

In Response to Re: FORT HOOD...... : I'm gonna have to go with Vector Nebullah then.  Them birds are REALLY cookoo
    Posted by GreginMeffa

I stand by the essence of my statement, Greg, which is that it first starts with "foolish liberals", the "PC left", "pinkos, "commies", et al, before landing at POTUS' feet with no logical connection whatsoever.  Just viewing some of the comments after yours bears this out.  I shouldn't need to go through the numerous other fallacies present in these pages to demonstrate how reactions can quickly become totally unhinged to the point of nonsense. 

Why should the sequence of statements matter in the least - provided that the statement itself is sufficiently reverential and respectful to the situation?? 

The larger phenomenon is what really bothers me - this adherence to bad information (the "belief as truth" canard) which leads some people to think that the president is a muslim or was born in kenya; or to believe that Russia is still a communist nation and the Cold War never ended; or that the government wants to imprison people for no reason or kill granny because she's getting too old to care for.

Sections
Shortcuts