Fox News host: Not using God to sell beer means ‘the terrorists have won’

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Fox News host: Not using God to sell beer means ‘the terrorists have won’

A Fox News guest host asserted on Friday that “the terrorists have won” because brewer Samuel Adams was not in invoking God in its television commercials to sell beer.

In the “Independence” television spot that began airing last month, an actor in a Samuel Adams Boston Lager commercial quotes from the Declaration of Independence.

“Why name a beer after Samuel Adams? Because Samuel Adams signed the Declaration of Independence,” the actor says. “He believed there was a better way to live: all men are created equal. They are endowed with certain unalienable rights: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Smooth, flavorful, we bow to no kings. Samuel Adams Boston lager: declare your independence.”

On Friday, the three Fox & Friends guest hosts expressed outrage that the brewer had not included the phrase “endowed by their Creator” in the commercial.

“When political correctness takes over the beer advertising industry, the terrorists have won,” said Watters, who is better known for his job as a producer on Bill O’Reilly’s Fox News show. “I mean, this is absolutely outrageous!”

“You know, maybe it’s because Sam Adams was the tea party guy — he started the Boston Tea Party — maybe the tea party’s being targeted here,” he added.

For its part, Sam Adams has reportedly explained that the Beer Institute Advertising Code advises against using “religion or religious themes” for marketing purposes.

more/video at link~

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/05/fox-news-host-not-using-god-to-sell-beer-means-the-terrorists-have-won/

========

Faux News has lost it:)..................

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: Fox News host: Not using God to sell beer means ‘the terrorists have won’

I am not surprised that someone on FOX News said that.

In fact , I am more shocked when someone on FOX News actually says something intelligent or something with which I can agree.

Of course, I am thinking, God and the Tea Party ( being one and the same) want people to drink lots of beer and alcohol , because after the 4th drink, the Republican party starts sounding like they actually know what they are talking about, and after the 6th drink, spending your Sunday mornings listening to a hypocrite behind a pulpit seems like a good idea.

"There are lots of people who mistake their imagination for their memory.-Josh Billings

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I'm thinking if anything, it is a sign the progressives have won. 

I seriously doubt the ad input session invovled a concern about how the terrorists would feel, but I am almost certain there was a discussion about how people would feel about a statement that recognizes the creator.

My view straddles between who cares and a mild concern for rewriting history, lest we offend anyone.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to bigdog2's comment:

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

A Fox News guest host asserted on Friday that “the terrorists have won” because brewer Samuel Adams was not in invoking God in its television commercials to sell beer.

In the “Independence” television spot that began airing last month, an actor in a Samuel Adams Boston Lager commercial quotes from the Declaration of Independence.

“Why name a beer after Samuel Adams? Because Samuel Adams signed the Declaration of Independence,” the actor says. “He believed there was a better way to live: all men are created equal. They are endowed with certain unalienable rights: life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. Smooth, flavorful, we bow to no kings. Samuel Adams Boston lager: declare your independence.”

On Friday, the three Fox & Friends guest hosts expressed outrage that the brewer had not included the phrase “endowed by their Creator” in the commercial.

“When political correctness takes over the beer advertising industry, the terrorists have won,” said Watters, who is better known for his job as a producer on Bill O’Reilly’s Fox News show. “I mean, this is absolutely outrageous!”

“You know, maybe it’s because Sam Adams was the tea party guy — he started the Boston Tea Party — maybe the tea party’s being targeted here,” he added.

For its part, Sam Adams has reportedly explained that the Beer Institute Advertising Code advises against using “religion or religious themes” for marketing purposes.

more/video at link~

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/07/05/fox-news-host-not-using-god-to-sell-beer-means-the-terrorists-have-won/

========

"asserted on Friday that “the terrorists have won”

Did you watch the clip you posted?  It was a joke, a spoof, you know.......a bit of sarcasm.  Do you  even know who Jesse Watters is?  His role on Fox?

Is every Lib a simple, humorless, dork?

Well, a difficult question.  OK, not so difficult.  The answer to your question is:

Yes

Answers to the former questions:  No, Yes, No.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

more/video at link~

========

Did you watch the clip you posted?  It was a joke, a spoof, you know.......a bit of sarcasm.  Do you  even know who Jesse Watters is?  His role on Fox?

Well, a difficult question.  OK, not so difficult.  The answer to your question is:

Yes

skeeter,

Every lib is a simple, humorless, dork???

Hope that is more of your humor on display? I am not a particularly funny person, but, I do think I have maintained a sense of humor and and displayed in on the boards... including in direct replies to you.

I was taught and for the most part have retained this, to maintain a sense of humor about life in general. Not just to be more pleasant to be around but as a survival mechanism.

Right now my life is in one of those more challenging phases yet I think I am doing just that. 

skeeter, you have that. Found that out a long time ago. It helps when we disagre. It never ever gets very nasty between us. Maybe that does not mean a lot to you, but it does to me.

Waxing philosophically on a hot and humid Sunday. 

[/QUOTE]

What's funny is that Skeeter took the post seriously enough to say "I'm thinking if anything, it is a sign the progressives have won......I am almost certain there was a discussion about how people would feel about a statement that recognizes the creator."

[/QUOTE]

yep.  and funny that Jed runs from the facts and mistakes personal attacks as points of discussion.  What a loser.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Do you ever watch the evening news on ABC, CBS, NBC? Half of the content is hardly news. Here is what they did Friday:

The first and last items are news. The rest is not. Why are they in a NEWS program?

The point - libruls: the pot calling the kettle black.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

more/video at link~

========

Yes

skeeter,

Every lib is a simple, humorless, dork???

Hope that is more of your humor on display? I am not a particularly funny person, but, I do think I have maintained a sense of humor and and displayed in on the boards... including in direct replies to you.

I was taught and for the most part have retained this, to maintain a sense of humor about life in general. Not just to be more pleasant to be around but as a survival mechanism.

Right now my life is in one of those more challenging phases yet I think I am doing just that. 

skeeter, you have that. Found that out a long time ago. It helps when we disagre. It never ever gets very nasty between us. Maybe that does not mean a lot to you, but it does to me.

Waxing philosophically on a hot and humid Sunday. 

What's funny is that Skeeter took the post seriously enough to say "I'm thinking if anything, it is a sign the progressives have won......I am almost certain there was a discussion about how people would feel about a statement that recognizes the creator."

yep.  and funny that Jed runs from the facts and mistakes personal attacks as points of discussion.  What a loser.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

What fact am I running away from in this instance? Where, and what, are the "personal attacks"?
     Is not "what a loser" a personal attack?

Well, you seem to have a problem with my observation that liberals have won, so they must have lost.  Therefore, you are a loser.

take another hit off the bong and chill, dude.  Stop taking yourself so seriously.  I know that you are the smartest person in every crown in which you find yourself.  That, in a nutshell, is your problem.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

[QUOTE]

A Fox News guest host asserted on Friday that “the terrorists have won” because brewer Samuel Adams was not in invoking God in its television commercials to sell beer

MMm... Yes, I'm sure that is why they want to kill us.

[/QUOTE]

my thoughts exactly.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

What an idiotic complaint, one which, had the Persecuted Ones bothered to check would realize that certain advertising standards advise against using religion in ads for alcoholic drinks.  I could certainly see religious people getting upset IF THEY HAD used the "endowed by their creator". 

I mean, talk about making an issue up out of thin air. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Fox Boob's primary purpose is to keep the gullible believers in a perpetual state of rage by inventing a never-ending stream of fake scandals. This story is nothing more than a rehash of the dozens of hours spent annually trumpeting the imaginary "war on xmas".

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I am surprised they are looking at it like that. I always assumed that beer companies didn't use or mention God in their ads out of respect for religion and religious beliefs. After all..using God to promote or market something that many people consider a vice seems a bit contradictory..doesn't it?

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

As a longtime homebrewer and well-versed beer drinker, I can only think that the popularity of Sam Adams beer (and others) is only a good thing for the U.S.A.

35 years ago, there were only a couple of dozen breweries in the U.S.  Today, there are over 2,400.

That's freedom, in a (tasty, refreshing) nutshell.

21. This post has been removed.