Fox News Ratings Hit 12-Year Demo Lows In January Cable News Figures

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

Re: Fox News Ratings Hit 12-Year Demo Lows In January Cable News Figures

In response to NO MO O's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

The ratings aren't the issue.  The viewer demographics are.

FoxNews viewers skew much older as a demographic.  (Just like the GOP...to which they're tethered.)

People under 35-40 don't watch it.

But since cable news is almost wall-to-wall bad, being the 'best' cable network is like a smell test between a group of turds.

So we should ignore how Fox is kicking Obamas global propaganda machine down the stairs in ratings.

Makes sense to me.....

Viewer demographics are everything.  Most advertisers don't pay attention to viewers over 55, at least not during prime time.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from msobstinate99. Show msobstinate99's posts

I gave up on the cable news reality shows a long time ago. I'm not a fox fan, a cnn fan or a msnbc fan. Not a one of them is bipartisan. They all have an agenda, and spin it towards their political affiliation.

I watch local news, and watch with eyes wide open. I never take news as it is told. If I want the truth I want to hear it verbatim from the person, not a source. The MSM is a powerful force that does control the weak minded.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jackbu. Show jackbu's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

When Romney conceded on election night Fox News' credibility took a serious hit.  After all they were cheerleading the GOP at every turn from the moment Obama was elected right up to the moment where Fox actually called the election for Obama, even to the point that the yummy Megyn Kelly had to get up from behind her desk and walk around talking to staffers just to further validate the results in order to get Rove to stop his bleating about calling Ohio too early. 

You can't spend four years whipping viewers into a frenzy with anti Obama shenanigans including active participation in "grass roots" protests where big name anchors were hosting programs from Tea Party rallies, giving GOP candidates free airtime to solicit donations on air, and publically admitting and editorial position that was to challenge the administration and not have viewers who tune off the channel when all the bluster, theatrics, and nonsense netted die hard viewers a big fat election loss.  

+1..!

This is the problem with Fox News...they led their viewers to believe Mitt Romney's victory was a no brainer. They led their viewers to believe that the American people so disliked Obama that they would elect Romney in a landslide.

Juxtapose that to MSNBC's pre-election coverage and analysis. To listen to MSNBC..one would have thought the sky was falling!  They sought to whip their viewers into a frenzy of panic and action.

So...at the end of the day..which was the smarter strategy..? I guess since Obama is in office that the strategy of taking nothing for granted was the way to go.

I don't watch Fox News anymore. I used to...but then they started getting facts wrong in stories. I noticed it first on the local Fox affiliate. I would read a story in my local paper..then Fox would report on it..except that what they were reporting didn't actually line up with how the local reporter told it originally.

Then I started noticing it with the national network. I started to notice that they spun their stories to fit their agenda.

MSNBC does that a lot as well. I like some of the shows..Chris Hayes and Morning Joe...but overall..I don't watch MSNBC as a rule. Given the number of threads our right wing friends post about MSNBC..I can certainly say they watch it much more than I.

I doubt that you ever watched fox, but  to give the impression of being well balanced, will lead us to believe you do.  I never turn them on but when at the gym and fox is the channel with sound, I will listen to them. 

As far as leading some to believe that Romeny was the best, it worked for fox.  Ratings were pretty good during the election.  Even if Mitt had won, American was going to scale back their attention to politics.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

In response to jackbu's comment:

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

When Romney conceded on election night Fox News' credibility took a serious hit.  After all they were cheerleading the GOP at every turn from the moment Obama was elected right up to the moment where Fox actually called the election for Obama, even to the point that the yummy Megyn Kelly had to get up from behind her desk and walk around talking to staffers just to further validate the results in order to get Rove to stop his bleating about calling Ohio too early. 

You can't spend four years whipping viewers into a frenzy with anti Obama shenanigans including active participation in "grass roots" protests where big name anchors were hosting programs from Tea Party rallies, giving GOP candidates free airtime to solicit donations on air, and publically admitting and editorial position that was to challenge the administration and not have viewers who tune off the channel when all the bluster, theatrics, and nonsense netted die hard viewers a big fat election loss.  

+1..!

This is the problem with Fox News...they led their viewers to believe Mitt Romney's victory was a no brainer. They led their viewers to believe that the American people so disliked Obama that they would elect Romney in a landslide.

Juxtapose that to MSNBC's pre-election coverage and analysis. To listen to MSNBC..one would have thought the sky was falling!  They sought to whip their viewers into a frenzy of panic and action.

So...at the end of the day..which was the smarter strategy..? I guess since Obama is in office that the strategy of taking nothing for granted was the way to go.

I don't watch Fox News anymore. I used to...but then they started getting facts wrong in stories. I noticed it first on the local Fox affiliate. I would read a story in my local paper..then Fox would report on it..except that what they were reporting didn't actually line up with how the local reporter told it originally.

Then I started noticing it with the national network. I started to notice that they spun their stories to fit their agenda.

MSNBC does that a lot as well. I like some of the shows..Chris Hayes and Morning Joe...but overall..I don't watch MSNBC as a rule. Given the number of threads our right wing friends post about MSNBC..I can certainly say they watch it much more than I.

I doubt that you ever watched fox, but  to give the impression of being well balanced, will lead us to believe you do.  I never turn them on but when at the gym and fox is the channel with sound, I will listen to them. 

As far as leading some to believe that Romeny was the best, it worked for fox.  Ratings were pretty good during the election.  Even if Mitt had won, American was going to scale back their attention to politics.

"I don't always watch vapid 'news', but when I do, it's Faux News".

Good one Jed. Or he just needs to go a a better gym. One that has sound on all the channels not just one. 

"I never turn them on but if the gym makes me watch them I will". SMH

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

So we should ignore how Fox is kicking Obamas global propaganda machine down the stairs in ratings.

Makes sense to me.....

Only if you value the actual news more than the ratings.

So, which is it?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

The GOP (Grand Opposite Party), and their extremist wing, cannot stop the demographic changes that are occurring in the U.S. Those changes will continue to marginalize exrteme-right ideology and positions, and continue to lead to Republican electoral losses. As with any cornered animal, there is sure to be a last gasp, even furious attempt to fight back. But in the end, bloviators like the ones on Fox, plus Limbaugh, Beck, Drudge et al will, indeed, be talking to a smaller and smaller audience.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Makes sense to me.....

So, which is it?

Is hiding the negative truth more important than focusing on the negative?

The propaganda machines NOT reporting stories or news of significance about specific people or one specific political party.. is nothing short of propaganda.

Day by day.. it's closer to George Orwells dream.

I think we both prefer news reporting have all politics removed.

Fox is definitely on top of Obamas kill list. I think he will take action against them.

I can't remember a president publically attacking a news organization. Perhaps a sign of insecurity.. which may be well based.  

After all, he has nothing to lose except the false legacy his ego feeds on.

This is all garbage.  Paranoid fever dreams and puerile knife jabs...nothing more.

Don't like it?  Don't read it.  Don't watch it.

The fact remains that every presidency is the most scrutinized in history.  Until the next one.

And foxnews is NOT a news organization; they are as propagandistic as any of the others...the weekly world news of cable tv.   Period.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

(HuffPo) But, as rival MSNBC was quick to point out, and BuzzFeed was quick to trumpet, Fox News had its worst primetime ratings in the coveted 25-54 demo since August 2001, and its lowest total day ratings since June 2008.

To a seasoned watcher of cable news ratings, there were other surprises. Rachel Maddow, for instance, came in 10th, beating "Studio B" and the 11 PM repeat of "The O'Reilly Factor." In January 2012, she came in 14th. It may not seem like much, but the top of the cable news field has been extremely stable — and if Maddow were to continue creeping up the list, it would mean a real sea change. Overall, MSNBC — perhaps powered by liberal euphoria over President Obama's inauguration — was the only cable news channel to grow its ratings from 2012.

Hi  Captain Al...I expect that their ratings will continue to decline. Did I hear that Palin was no longer working at Fox. Was this her choice or theirs?

I am guessing it was her choice.

Hey miscricket,

I never watch Faux News, but I read that Carbou Barbie had fallen out of favor with the top brass at faux. I awatch Morning Joe and Rachel Maddow. I especially enjoy Amy Goodman on Demcracy Now (Free Speech Network).

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Rachel Maddow, for instance, came in 10th, beating "Studio B"

---------------------------

LOL.  The fr1ggin Red Sox came in 8th.

Rachel Maddow could have hit cleanup on that team.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Makes sense to me.....

So, which is it?

Is hiding the negative truth more important than focusing on the negative?

The propaganda machines NOT reporting stories or news of significance about specific people or one specific political party.. is nothing short of propaganda.

Day by day.. it's closer to George Orwells dream.

I think we both prefer news reporting have all politics removed.

Fox is definitely on top of Obamas kill list. I think he will take action against them.

I can't remember a president publically attacking a news organization. Perhaps a sign of insecurity.. which may be well based.  

After all, he has nothing to lose except the false legacy his ego feeds on.

This is all garbage.  Paranoid fever dreams and puerile knife jabs...nothing more.

Don't like it?  Don't read it.  Don't watch it.

The fact remains that every presidency is the most scrutinized in history.  Until the next one.

And foxnews is NOT a news organization; they are as propagandistic as any of the others...the weekly world news of cable tv.   Period.

YET Matty.. you elect not to label the other 6 top reporting agencys as propaganda outlets for this puppet?

It goes BOTH ways my friend. The ABC, CBS, etc organizations are EUQALLY guilty of the same.

Please ignore the highlited items above to comment on .. or defend. Thank you.

It was a response to a post that only mentioned fox, you twit.

And did you miss where I said the bias was universal??  That means everything, hoss.

Pull your head outta your a&&, and try to keep up.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Okay .. we F'ing agree.

Can anything be done to change this... or are the American people doomed to politically tuned garbage?

We do disagree on one point... THIS president is unlike any before him in manipulating the truth.

You may think so, but you have no proof of this.  I told you about the head and a&& thing.

The American people will get more than it deserves, just like always.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

The head of state run media NBC News resigned or was canned today.

Whether Steve Capus resigned or was forced out because someone on the NBC board finally decided his moral illiteracy needed to come to an end doesn’t matter. What matters is that a management style that either encouraged this fraud or was helpless to stop it is out.

It is worth noting, though, that just six-months ago, Capus signed a long-term deal with NBC News to remain as its president.

But the only real question is, why did it take this long?

The rap sheet against Capus isn’t troubling, surprising, or even disturbing -- it is breathtaking:

1. During last year's presidential election, Andrea Mitchell was caught manufacturing a Romney gaffe where none existed.

2. During last year's GOP primary, Ed Schultz edited video of Texas Governor Rick Perry to make him look racist.

3. In April of last year, the "Today Show" was caught editing audio of a 9-1-1 call to make George Zimmerman look racist.

4. In August of 2009, Contessa Brewer sliced and diced a photograph so it wouldn't look like a black man attended a Tea Party carrying a firearm.  

5. Just this week, NBC News maliciously edited video of a town council meeting to make it look as though Second Amendment civil rights activists heckled a parent who lost his son in Newtown.

These instances werent run-of-the-mill bias, they were outright fraud.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Okay .. we F'ing agree.

Can anything be done to change this... or are the American people doomed to politically tuned garbage?

We do disagree on one point... THIS president is unlike any before him in manipulating the truth.

You may think so, but you have no proof of this.  I told you about the head and a&& thing.

The American people will get more than it deserves, just like always.

Of what.. lies and distortion ?

I do apologize my friend.. but when moonbats demand "proof".. thats a warning signal to me. It does not warrant proof.... it's self evident.

Now if we could TAX political lies.. there would be no deficit... well Barry sure can spend..

It does warrant proof, because you're totally full of s**t, dude.

You may be a living, breathing example of the "information deficit" in our country.  The doctor sez, take two murrows and call me in the morning.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to jackbu's comment:

The ratings aren't the issue.  The viewer demographics are.

FoxNews viewers skew much older as a demographic.  (Just like the GOP...to which they're tethered.)

People under 35-40 don't watch it.

But since cable news is almost wall-to-wall bad, being the 'best' cable network is like a smell test between a group of turds.

Makes sense to me.....

Viewer demographics are everything.  Most advertisers don't pay attention to viewers over 55, at least not during prime time.

That explains the constant Lifeline commercials.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

(HuffPo) But, as rival MSNBC was quick to point out, and BuzzFeed was quick to trumpet, Fox News had its worst primetime ratings in the coveted 25-54 demo since August 2001, and its lowest total day ratings since June 2008.

To a seasoned watcher of cable news ratings, there were other surprises. Rachel Maddow, for instance, came in 10th, beating "Studio B" and the 11 PM repeat of "The O'Reilly Factor." In January 2012, she came in 14th. It may not seem like much, but the top of the cable news field has been extremely stable — and if Maddow were to continue creeping up the list, it would mean a real sea change. Overall, MSNBC — perhaps powered by liberal euphoria over President Obama's inauguration — was the only cable news channel to grow its ratings from 2012.

Hi  Captain Al...I expect that their ratings will continue to decline. Did I hear that Palin was no longer working at Fox. Was this her choice or theirs?

I am guessing it was her choice.

Hey miscricket,

I never watch Faux News, but I read that Carbou Barbie had fallen out of favor with the top brass at faux. I awatch Morning Joe and Rachel Maddow. I especially enjoy Amy Goodman on Demcracy Now (Free Speech Network).

I like Morning Joe and watch it if I am home in the AM at that time..but I wish he would broaden the guest list a bit. Seems like it is mostly the same people. Joe really is a true conservative in every sense of the word..so it's always funny for me to hear the wingers call him a RINO.  It must be because of the network he works for..lol

Sections
Shortcuts