Fox News takes denierism to whole new level: It isn't a Shut Down.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Fox News takes denierism to whole new level: It isn't a Shut Down.

Pols dig in amid slimdown stalemate

Lawmakers dug in Tuesday for a potentially drawn-out stalemate over the budget which could last weeks, as a partial government suspension took hold -- affecting numerous services for veterans, homeowners and others, and leaving roughly 800,000 federal workers without a paycheck. 

A senior member of the House Republican leadership told Fox Business Network on Tuesday that the standoff could last two weeks. Neither side was budging off its position in the wake of the government slimdown

In the House, a new effort was underway to make the situation more tolerable. Lawmakers prepared to push a series of emergency funding bills meant to pry open parts of the government whose services were affected by the impasse. 

One bill would ensure funding goes to the National Park Service -- a bid to reopen the closed parks and monuments that have become perhaps the most visible sign of the government slimdown

[continues in defense of GOP]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: Fox News takes denierism to whole new level: It isn't a Shut Down.

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

Lawmakers dug in Tuesday for a potentially drawn-out stalemate over the budget which could last weeks, as a partial government suspension took hold -- affecting numerous services for veterans, homeowners and others, and leaving roughly 800,000 federal workers without a paycheck. 

A senior member of the House Republican leadership told Fox Business Network on Tuesday that the standoff could last two weeks. Neither side was budging off its position in the wake of the government slimdown

In the House, a new effort was underway to make the situation more tolerable. Lawmakers prepared to push a series of emergency funding bills meant to pry open parts of the government whose services were affected by the impasse. 

One bill would ensure funding goes to the National Park Service -- a bid to reopen the closed parks and monuments that have become perhaps the most visible sign of the government slimdown

Well most of the government is working, its just nonessential operations that are shut down.  I'm all for getting the IRS on that list.

OK, big picture:

Army - Navy Game cancelled.

Apparently essential workers set up fences around the Washington Mall to Keep WWII vets away

National Parks are closed; luckily camping season is over for all but the adventurous 10%, and they'll go in anyway

last but not least the shut down the National Zoo Panda Cam.  Note its paid for by Ford Motor Company so the only thing the Obama Administration had to do was go and turn it off.

Yeah, so I'd call it a slim down.

BTW my friend at Federal Highway said he enjoyed sleeping in today, they told staff to not answer any work related questions, this may last a few daays to a couple of weeks and not to worry that they'll get paid just like they have the other 17 times.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Lol it isnt a govt shutdown! The military and other critical social issues are funded.!

lmao!

I thought you were joking with his lunacy!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Lol it isnt a govt shutdown!

I know I know. Whatever Fox tells you to believe.

(Right..you don't watch Fox...we believe you)

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"Most of the 3.3 million government workers are deemed "essential" -- they'll keep working. But more than 800,000 government employees will sit at home, according to a CNN analysis."

I dunno....seems more like a slim down to me 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:

What is shut down other than the WW2 monument? 

BTW, who's idea was it to stiff arm these elderly gentlemen who served our country?

Who printed the signs that stated it was closed?

Who paid for the guards to keep people off the monument property?

I smell a Democrat PR strategy, one that has backfired, except that the mainstream media won't even mention it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

This is just freaking ridiculous.

Now the freakin ret@rds are denying it's a shutdown.

When these idiots have gone to such great lengths to deny even the reality of the situation then you know you're dealing with lunatics.

It'll be a shutdown when they turn off the power to the microphone that has been surgically implanted into Harry Reids face.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

So I understand that those who don't "like" science will stop using every invention and form of energy created in the last 2000 years. And for those who don't like the idea of voting where a majority can pass laws they are welcome to leave this country and go where minorities can impose their will and way of life on everyone they don't like. And for those who like shutting down the goverment they should make sure they do not use any government services... like roads, like Medicare, like being defended by OUR armed forces, like police and fire departments, like schools, like social security checks, like air travel, like drinking fresh water and breathing clean air, like .... 

If you do no like paying bills for things and services YOU ALREADY bought feel free to consider yourselves thieves and dead beats and TAKERS... yes, you are the biggest TAKERS... feel free to admit to your immoral life style of taking things under false pretenses.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Weird. Just went to their site and the use of 'slim down' is everywhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Slimdown..?? That's just too funny and sad. At least call it what it really is a "slowdown". Most of the MSM isn't afraid to use that term. Not sure why Fox is.

Besides..the use of the term "slimdown" is really inaccurate when you consider that the "shutdown" is actually going to cost more money in the long run. ( as..by the way..would delaying the remainder of the ACA). I guess the party of fiscal conservatism is becoming more liberal in their spending habits.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

TIL two new words, "slimdown" and "denierism."

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:

So I understand that those who don't "like" science will stop using every invention and form of energy created in the last 2000 years. And for those who don't like the idea of voting where a majority can pass laws they are welcome to leave this country and go where minorities can impose their will and way of life on everyone they don't like. And for those who like shutting down the goverment they should make sure they do not use any government services... like roads, like Medicare, like being defended by OUR armed forces, like police and fire departments, like schools, like social security checks, like air travel, like drinking fresh water and breathing clean air, like .... 

If you do no like paying bills for things and services YOU ALREADY bought feel free to consider yourselves thieves and dead beats and TAKERS... yes, you are the biggest TAKERS... feel free to admit to your immoral life style of taking things under false pretenses.

Glad to see you are falling for the leftwing script. This is not about paying bills, its about politics. 

And just because you might not like the size of government as it is today does not mean that you want NO government. That would be like saying that those that do not want the government to shut down want a totalitarian state where the government dictates their every move.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Slimdown..?? That's just too funny and sad. At least call it what it really is a "slowdown". Most of the MSM isn't afraid to use that term. Not sure why Fox is.

Besides..the use of the term "slimdown" is really inaccurate when you consider that the "shutdown" is actually going to cost more money in the long run. ( as..by the way..would delaying the remainder of the ACA). I guess the party of fiscal conservatism is becoming more liberal in their spending habits.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

I have not heard use of the word "slowdown". 

Slimdown and shutdown have nothing to do with how much money it is going to "cost". Meanwhile, those that are implementing ACA are doing a better job at delaying it by their incompetence than Republicans are by trying to defund it.

Of course, the incompetence and hypocrisy displayed by the Obama Administration who exempt themselves from ACA gives no pause to true believers in the cause of re-distributing wealth. To them, ACA has nothing to do with health care, it is all about"fairness".

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Honestly....what does it matter whether it's called 'shutdown', 'slimdown', 'slowdown', whatever ...are people really stuck on this? Priorities people....priorities....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Honestly....what does it matter whether it's called 'shutdown', 'slimdown', 'slowdown', whatever ...are people really stuck on this? Priorities people....priorities....

Obviously our priorities are messed up by coming here in the first place. :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

words have meaning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

words have meaning.

[/QUOTE]

Does calling it a 'slimdown' versus a 'shutdown' change what's happening? The answer is no. End of story. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

words have meaning.

[/QUOTE]

Does calling it a 'slimdown' versus a 'shutdown' change what's happening? The answer is no. End of story. 

[/QUOTE]

Of course not..at least not to people like you and I who can see beyond the nonsense. But...Fox's use of the term "slimdown" plays to the base of the tea party. Who wouldn't want a "slimmer" government? However.."slimmer government" is not what is going on here so it's a bit misleading. Although I guess you can make the argument that people who buy into it want to be mislead anyhow.

Words do have meaning. Did you catch the Jimmy Kimmel unofficial poll? The one in which they asked people about the Affordable Care Act vs. Obamacare? The hilarious results ACA=Good, Obamacare=Bad. Same horse..different name..different perception. These are the people Fox news plays to. Yikes!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

words have meaning.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Of course not..at least not to people like you and I who can see beyond the nonsense. But...Fox's use of the term "slimdown" plays to the base of the tea party. Who wouldn't want a "slimmer" government? However.."slimmer government" is not what is going on here so it's a bit misleading. Although I guess you can make the argument that people who buy into it want to be mislead anyhow.

Words do have meaning. Did you catch the Jimmy Kimmel unofficial poll? The one in which they asked people about the Affordable Care Act vs. Obamacare? The hilarious results ACA=Good, Obamacare=Bad. Same horse..different name..different perception. These are the people Fox news plays to. Yikes!

[/QUOTE]

I understand all that but my point is nothing changes with what is closed whether you call it a shutdown or slimdown. And if some sheep who watch FOX call it a slimdown it has no bearing on those who are not working right now as a result of the "shutdown". No bearing on closed parks, etc. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

words have meaning.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I understand all that but my point is nothing changes with what is closed whether you call it a shutdown or slimdown. And if some sheep who watch FOX call it a slimdown it has no bearing on those who are not working right now as a result of the "shutdown". No bearing on closed parks, etc. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree...and I would add that it's not just the "hated" government employees who are going to be hurt by this shutdown..but hundreds of thousands of small businesses across the country who will be hurt by lack of tourism to these closed destinations...and this is just Day 2. Next week, when the shutdown continues..the economic effects on the country will be worse.

Lately, I feel like the worst enemy of economic recovery is our dysfunctional government..and believe me..I feel like they are all at fault. In this case, however, I place the blame squarely on the shoulders of Boehner. This would be over if he would just allow a vote on a clean CR. There are more than enough votes on both sides of the aisle to pass it.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I thought free health care was only true in fairytales
    Meant for someone else but not for me
    Disease was out to get me
    That's the way it seemed
    Disappointment haunted all my dreams

Then I read the bill, now I'm a denier
    Not a trace of doubt in my mind
    I'm not sick, I'm a denier
    I couldn't buy this if I tried!

Read more: Monkees - I'm A Believer Lyrics | MetroLyrics

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Priorities people....priorities....

Good point. I'll hop on a plane to Washington and start government right up. Give me a few hours.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

I understand all that but my point is nothing changes with what is closed whether you call it a shutdown or slimdown.

Yeah, uh, I wasn't under the illusion that Fox changed reality by calling it a "slimdown" as opposed to a "shutdown", but thanks for caring.

I was flagging Fox's idiotic bias and word games. You know.....how BDC conservatives always do about "liberal" media without you distributing red cards?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Ah, it's a slimdown, not a shutdown?

Phew! A shutdown had me worried for a few minutes.

Thank you FOX for making it all better.