Friday facepalm

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Friday facepalm

An aide to Republican Pennsylvania representative Tom Marino was arrested this morning after trying to bring a handgun through security into a House office building, Roll Call reports:

Ryan Shucard, the Pennsylvania Republican’s press secretary, was arrested around 9:15 a.m., according to Capitol Police spokeswoman Lt. Kimberly Schneider.

Shucard entered the southeast door of Cannon with the weapon. The Smith & Wesson 9mm and magazine were found during the search required for entry into the building, according to Schneider. People entering Cannon, including those with staff identification badges, like Shucard, are required to step through metal detectors and place bags on the belt of an X-Ray machine.

It's not clear whether the magazine in Shucard's possession was loaded. He is charged with carrying a pistol without a license, which is a felony. Guns in Washington D.C. must be registered with the police and cannot be carried in public in most situations.

In 2012 the National Rifle Association gave Rep. Marino an "A" grade for his positions on gun control.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/07/18/congressional_aide_gun_arrest_tom_marino_s_press_secretary_charged.html" rel="nofollow">http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/07/18/congressional_aide_gun_arrest_tom_marino_s_press_secretary_charged.html

Political stunt? Is the idea to bring the gun registration law to SCOTUS?

Or is he just really, really, really dumb?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

Re: Friday facepalm

I'll take answer #2

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

Pooping on Republicans. That's a new one!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Another potential gun crime averted.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ya WDYWN, don't you know that newsworthy examples of idiocy are only newsworthy if they are directed at 'libruls'.

Pull down your skirt Matilda, your blatant hypocrisy is showing again.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Tell us more about Benghazi.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Pooping on Republicans. That's a new one![/QUOTE]

Tell us more about Benghazi.

[/QUOTE]

How about global warming......

Haven't talked about that one enough yet.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to high-road's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ya WDYWN, don't you know that newsworthy examples of idiocy are only newsworthy if they are directed at 'libruls'.

Pull down your skirt Matilda, your blatant hypocrisy is showing again.

[/QUOTE]

Says Captain P o o per himself.....weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Hansori, you're trying too hard.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Let's talk about illegal immigration. Eh, to hell with it, it's Friday. Time to start drinking soon and drowning my anger and resentment in alcohol.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Time to start drinking soon and drowning my anger and resentment in alcohol.

Uh.....

Doesn't sound so healthy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Time to start drinking soon and drowning my anger and resentment in alcohol.[/QUOTE]

Uh.....

[/QUOTE]

Only option left for sane People.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprague1953. Show sprague1953's posts

In response to ronreganfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Time to start drinking soon and drowning my anger and resentment in alcohol.[/QUOTE]

Uh.....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No ron it is not. It is the weekend. TGIF and all of that. We all should be in a relatively good mood ready to do weekend stuff.

Should be easier to play nice in the summer in N.E. on the weekend. Afterall, how many good days do we get living here? Remember last winter. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from high-road. Show high-road's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Time to start drinking soon and drowning my anger and resentment in alcohol.

Uh.....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ummm ya got that bass ackwards ... sane people should know better ... sane people don't revert to drugs or alcohol to 'soothe' their acrimony..... sane people don't take this board so seriously.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprague1953. Show sprague1953's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uh.....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ummm ya got that bass ackwards ... sane people should know better ... sane people to revert to drugs or alcohol to 'soothe' their acrimony..... sane people don't take this board so seriously.

[/QUOTE]

I so agree. People who resort to alcohol and/or drugs to soothe their acrimony or to deal with any other part of life as crutches usually are headed for even bigger problems. 

Posters who let this board get to them so that it bleeds over to their real life ARE taking it too seriously. For now just accept there is not much anyone can do about whatever bothers them on this board...post deletions, sock puppets, personal attacks, suspensions, etc. 

If it really bothers you, take a break for awhile and get some perspective.

Of course,ron, there is also the strong possibility this is a taste of your sense of humor so nothing to worry about, right?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprague1953. Show sprague1953's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Let's talk about illegal immigration. Eh, to hell with it, it's Friday. Time to start drinking soon and drowning my anger and resentment in alcohol.

[/QUOTE]

Hansoribrother,

I am going to assume that this is just a sample of your sense of humor.

You seem like a very balanced guy...just passionate about what you believe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to sprague1953's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uh.....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No ron it is not. It is the weekend. TGIF and all of that. We all should be in a relatively good mood ready to do weekend stuff.

Should be easier to play nice in the summer in N.E. on the weekend. Afterall, how many good days do we get living here? Remember last winter. 

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to sit on my porch and yell at people to get off my lawn.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uh.....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ummm ya got that bass ackwards ... sane people should know better ... sane people to revert to drugs or alcohol to 'soothe' their acrimony..... sane people don't take this board so seriously.

[/QUOTE]

I so agree. People who resort to alcohol and/or drugs to soothe their acrimony or to deal with any other part of life as crutches usually are headed for even bigger problems. 

Posters who let this board get to them so that it bleeds over to their real life ARE taking it too seriously. For now just accept there is not much anyone can do about whatever bothers them on this board...post deletions, sock puppets, personal attacks, suspensions, etc. 

Of course,ron, there is also the strong possibility this is a taste of your sense of humor so nothing to worry about, right?

[/QUOTE]

Just further proof that progressives lack the common sense gene.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[/QUOTE]

Hansoribrother,

[/QUOTE]

Hansori is as serious as a heart attack. Your progressive ideas and policies are driving us to drink.  If we end up as alcoholics, it is all your fault.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[/QUOTE]

Hansoribrother,

[/QUOTE]

Hansori is as serious as a heart attack. Your progressive ideas and policies are driving us to drink.  If we end up as alcoholics, it is all your fault.

[/QUOTE]

Wait...I thought you were all about personal responsibility??? 

With regards to the OP...I feel like that deserves a double face-palm. On the other hand...I hope the pro-gun legislators are lining up to defend the aide.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprague1953. Show sprague1953's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uh.....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm going to sit on my porch and yell at people to get off my lawn.

[/QUOTE]

Oh ron, you do not want to become that grumpy old man that used to yell at us if our softball or our kickball accidentally ended up on his lawn.

Even worst, the guy who would not give it back until we sent a parent to go get it.

Bah humbug.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprague1953. Show sprague1953's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Uh.....

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Just further proof that progressives lack the common sense gene.

[/QUOTE]

Oh I have absolutely failed to have/use/employ/etc. common sense in my life BUT that does does not speak to all progressives.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprague1953. Show sprague1953's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yes.

[/QUOTE]

Hansoribrother,

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I disagree. As long as he is not being attacked and called names he is very reasonable on this board.

I think he gets his frustration out by posting on this board like a lot of other posters.

Talk therapy if you will.

You can put down the bottle and talk to me whenever you like, ron. :)

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from sprague1953. Show sprague1953's posts

hypertext,

"Getting kinda sick of your right/left and no in between mindset."

On this board some posters freely label themselves. For those that do not, IMO the board seems to feel the need to put a label on the rest.

I think it makes life here simpler for them as well as a major point of attack. Such as "...typical neo-con reaction" or "...knee-jerk progressive attitude". 

I do not have an answer for it but just take each issue one by one.

Sections
Shortcuts