From The Onion, but spot on...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: From The Onion, but spot on...

I look at the Onion the way a assume you look at Glen Beck, not so funny.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

One of the Onion's weaker articles to say the least. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

I look at the Onion the way a assume you look at Glen Beck

Your assumption is odd to say the least.

The Onion is a humor publication that makes fun of everything regardless of politics and can be quite hilarious at times.

Glenn Beck is an angry divisive pundit (he recentlly said he regretted being so divisive) who has made clear he hates everything remotely categorizable as 'the left.' He isn't a comedian. He isn't trying to be funny and he isn't funny.

I'll grant you one similarity and one alone: He is as credible as The Onion when it comes to expressing a political view.

Sheesh.

[/QUOTE]

I actually care for neither and my experience with Onion satire is that it favors to slam the right vs. left, as is the case with MSM.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I look at the Onion the way a assume you look at Glen Beck, not so funny.

The former is satire, whether you find it funny or not

The latter is decidedly not and never was.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

The right is dead serious about their politics. They have no patience for humor, dancing and sex except when they get caught at it. Then it's the lefts fault. Otherwise, please take your "funny" stuff elswhere. We're all busy with business.

Harrrumph.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Sorry, not everything the Onion writes is a winner. I watch the Daily Show all the time...not everyting they do is a winner either. Why this bothers some Lefties is beyond me. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Why you think this bothers some lefties is telling.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Sorry, not everything the Onion writes is a winner. I watch the Daily Show all the time...not everyting they do is a winner either. Why this bothers some Lefties is beyond me. 

As someone once said (I'm paraphrasing), "Dying is easy. Comedy is hard."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[QUOTE]

As someone once said (I'm paraphrasing), "Dying is easy. Comedy is hard."

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

What a coward....you can't comment to me but I'll wait till I see your comments in someone else's reply and then I'll comment about you. Na Na Na naaaaa Na 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

What a coward....you can't comment to me but I'll wait till I see your comments in someone else's reply and then I'll comment about you. Na Na Na naaaaa Na 

Huh? What? Lay of the vodka.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

[QUOTE]

Huh? What? Lay of the vodka.

[/QUOTE]

I prefer Sam Summer right now

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I look at the Onion the way a assume you look at Glen Beck

Your assumption is odd to say the least.

The Onion is a humor publication that makes fun of everything regardless of politics and can be quite hilarious at times.

Glenn Beck is an angry divisive pundit (he recentlly said he regretted being so divisive) who has made clear he hates everything remotely categorizable as 'the left.' He isn't a comedian. He isn't trying to be funny and he isn't funny.

I'll grant you one similarity and one alone: He is as credible as The Onion when it comes to expressing a political view.

Sheesh.

[/QUOTE]

I actually care for neither and my experience with Onion satire is that it favors to slam the right vs. left, as is the case with MSM.

[/QUOTE]

Well..okay..but the funniest thing about your comment is that the article WDYWN posted here is poking fun at Kerry...you know..a liberal.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

The Onion has many real amusing articles.

Not much of anything is funny anymore, humor in this country is at a low point.

Hats off to The Onion for attempting to keep us laughing when all other news media wants us to cry and get angry at everybody and everything.

"All the president is, is a glorified public relations man who spends his time flattering, kissing and kicking people to get them to do what they are supposed to do anyway." - Harry S. Truman

Sections
Shortcuts