Gabriel Gomez on On The Record

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Gabriel Gomez on On The Record

It's been a long time since I have watched the Sunday morning talk shows..but I just caught Gabriel Gomez on Channel 5's On The Record.

With the lack of enthusiasm toward Markey I have to say it's quite possible that we will see another GOP Senator from MA.

I have not been overly impressed with any political candidate of the past few years..but I have to say..I am pretty impressed with Gomez. He is young, well spoken and smart. He seems to have a sincerity about him that is refreshing. I've researched his positions on things that I care about and while I don't agree with his position on everything, I agree enough that he will get my vote.

I guess the only question that remains is whether or not the state GOP can get it's act together and get him elected. He is leading among independents which will be his ticket to the Senate.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Gabriel Gomez on On The Record

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

I guess the only question that remains is whether or not the state GOP can get it's act together and get him elected.

-------------------------

MassGOP are utterly useless, and I know first hand.  Take whatever money they can come up with, smile and hire smart , experienced people, without regard to party affiliation, and pound the bricks. Don't take Markey's faux pledge until he gives his back (and that ain't gonna happen), and if Markey goes negative, shake his Telecom City disaster in his face, and he loses his own district.  Its been a LONG time, but when the people of Medford, Malden and Everett recall, "That was him?", boom.

Greg..I agree! You should offer his campaign your expertise and passion :-)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Unless Gomez flip flops or puts his foot in his mouth, I think he has a pretty good shot. Definately a threat to the dems.

I'd vote for him, but I voted for Brown too.  

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"MassGOP are utterly useless, and I know first hand."

Isnt it too easy to blame and bash the local GOP organizations?

Truth is, they are up against it! The crooked Bulger Democratic machine is as strong as ever: the liberal Globe and local media, the massive public sector and their crooked unions, they mercilessly crush opponents. Amazing that Scott Brown got elected at all, once.

Many tens of thousands of Republicans and potential GOP voters who work in the "dreaded" private sector have fled the moonbat paradise (like me). Only Howie Carr is left, to provide comic relief.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Truth is, they are up against it! The crooked Bulger Democratic machine is as strong as ever: the liberal Globe and local media, the massive public sector and their crooked unions, they mercilessly crush opponents. Amazing that Scott Brown got elected at all, once.

Many tens of thousands of Republicans and potential GOP voters who work in the "dreaded" private sector have fled the moonbat paradise (like me). Only Howie Carr is left, to provide comic relief.

Well..hang on. This last Senate election was really Brown's to lose. He was very popular and had overwhelming support among independents ( who make up the bulk of MA voters). He handled his campaign against Warren about as badly as he could. Added to that..he then had a record to defend...a record which included his voting for the Blunt amendment. This really hurt him with female voters.

MA has never been a GOP state...and the employment numbers don't support your claim that people are fleeing "moonbat paradise".

Of course..you understand that what you're really saying is that 10k GOP voters decided to cut and run..rather than build their party up and do the hard..grassroots work needed to become a force for change. If you are right in your statement then the MA GOP got exactly what it deserved.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Quoting Howie Carr is not making a case. Maybe Markie is the way to go.

Thanks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Well..hang on. This last Senate election was really Brown's to lose. He was very popular and had overwhelming support among independents ( who make up the bulk of MA voters). He handled his campaign against Warren about as badly as he could. Added to that..he then had a record to defend...a record which included his voting for the Blunt amendment. This really hurt him with female voters.

MA has never been a GOP state...and the employment numbers don't support your claim that people are fleeing "moonbat paradise".

Of course..you understand that what you're really saying is that 10k GOP voters decided to cut and run..rather than build their party up and do the hard..grassroots work needed to become a force for change. If you are right in your statement then the MA GOP got exactly what it deserved.

Did you notice Mass. lost a Congressional district from the latest census? Why might that be?

Relocating to another state for a better job, better quality of life, chance to buy a house at reasonable prices,  is not a "cut and run"....what I am saying is hardworking private sector family -focused folks, more likely to vote GOP,  have been leaving Mass for greener pastures for a while. Mass.  has an gynormous (mostly useless) public sector and a large growing number of government dependents, which is the Democratic base.

"The Blunt amendment" ? Surely you jest..what a wacky rationale given for Scott Brown losing...

It is the same old song and dance.... liberals and the Globe (but I repeat myself) will praise Gabriel Gomez but of course , they build him up to knock him down...they will find some supposed  gaffe or other 'scandal' hyped by the Globe ...ignoring the Dem Ed Markey's century old record of being a worthless party hack...

Wash, rinse and repeat..that is how Mass. ends up with such an embarassing clown car of Congressmen and Senators..

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

Quoting Howie Carr is not making a case. Maybe Markie is the way to go.

Thanks.

That's a sound voting process....sigh

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Did you notice Mass. lost a Congressional district from the latest census? Why might that be?

Relocating to another state for a better job, better quality of life, chance to buy a house at reasonable prices,  is not a "cut and run"....what I am saying is hardworking private sector family -focused folks, more likely to vote GOP,  have been leaving Mass for greener pastures for a while. Mass.  has an gynormous (mostly useless) public sector and a large growing number of government dependents, which is the Democratic base.

"The Blunt amendment" ? Surely you jest..what a wacky rationale given for Scott Brown losing...

It is the same old song and dance.... liberals and the Globe (but I repeat myself) will praise Gabriel Gomez but of course , they build him up to knock him down...they will find some supposed  gaffe or other 'scandal' hyped by the Globe ...ignoring the Dem Ed Markey's century old record of being a worthless party hack...

Wash, rinse and repeat..that is how Mass. ends up with such an embarassing clown car of Congressmen and Senators..

First..it is a myth that "hard working, family type private sector types" are more likely to vote republican...especially in Massachusetts. This claim by the right wing extreme that only republicans are hard working..or work in the private sector...or raise families has got to stop. As long as pubs keep making this claim..they are going to suffer low numbers in this state.

I don't know many liberals who would build a candidate up just to knock him down...nor anyone in the media. I think you lack understanding about how politics works if you believe that.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

You can fix uneducated, even some types of ignorance, but you just can't can't fix redneck stupid.

Didn't take Airborne long to revert back to his old ways. Good to have you back <eye roll>

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"First..it is a myth that "hard working, family type private sector types" are more likely to vote republican...especially in Massachusetts"

It is not a 'myth'. No one said all private sector workers and married traditional families are Republicans....but it is a fact that traditional families with two parents lean heavily Republican. Along with those who work  and are self reliant.

Sixty percent of married men vote Republican, along with 55 percent of married women. Additionally, 53 percent of families with children younger than 18 identify as Republican.
    Financially, Republicans fare better than either Democrats or Independents, and tend to identify themselves as such. Republican candidates gain a significantly higher percentage of votes from individuals with incomes over $50,000 per year, and the advantage increases along with the income level, to a height of 63 percent of individuals earning $200,000 or more a year supporting Republicans. This level is the direct inverse of individuals earning less than $15,000 a year, who support Democrats at 63 percent and Republicans at only 36 percent.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

I guess it's just a coincidence that redneck loser states take more in federal tax money than they contribute.

The only thing the rednecks can do is take money from the gov't and blame the gov't for giving it to them.

Sorry you didn't have the capacity to compete in a truly innovative environment such as New England but don't blame us because you have to ride the short bus to work.

You can fix uneducated, even some types of ignorance, but you just can't can't fix redneck stupid.

What one cant fix is the liberal lie that red states are "takers".

The Red States are the "biggest takers" only in the sense that living expenses are much lower and people tend to make less. So, they contribute less in taxes compared to high cost of living states

A better measure:

Federal Welfare spending PER capita: .

1. District of Columbia (Represented by Democrats)

2. New York (Democrat State)

3. California (Democrat State)

4. New Mexico (Democrat State)

5. Alaska (Red state)

6. Vermont (Democrat State)

7. Louisiana (Red State)

8. Michigan (Democrat State)

9. Oklahoma (Red State)

10. Rhode Island (Democrat State)

As you can see, the Democrat States are the biggest welfare states.

A disproportionate portion of our country's military bases and national parks are in red states. So when someone tells you that red states get more government spending than blue states, it is not necessarily because of welfare, since it takes a lot of government spending to keep those bases and parks running.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Interesting though: There is a flow of federal largesse from the hated blue states to the saintly & rugged red states. And the blue states can still afford to provide a safety net. And that makes them 'takers'. Somehow.

Of course we all know how much love Blue states have for Red states...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Gomez could win, many of the Lynch Reagan Dems will vote for him, he does very well with the indies, he'll do well with most of the GOP but 10% might bite their nose to spite their face and stay home like they did to Brown.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Percentage of State Revenues from Federal Aid

Bottom 10  

41. New Jersey            28.7%
         42. Utah                      28.4%
         43. Washington          26.6%
         44. Virginia                 22.9%
         45. Ohio                      22.6%
         46. Hawaii                  21.8%
         47. West Virginia        21.8%
         48. Wyoming              18.7%
         49. Connecticut          11.9%
         50. Massachusetts     10.7%

The sources included in these calculations are listed below.

And not one of them is a DoD category.

Federal Department     
    Agriculture               
    Commerce               
    Education     
    Energy                     
    HHS                            
    Homeland Security   
    HUD    
    Interior    
    Justice    
    Labor    
    Transportation    
    Treasury    
    Veterans Affairs    
    EPA    

http://www.thepelicanpost.org/aid-to-state-programs-by-department-2010/

So, basically if you remove 60-70% ofthe budget, and you get your list. 

So, well, un-useful.  unless you are trying to make the data fit your point, then, it is right on.

Sections
Shortcuts