Gay radicals hound Mozilla CEO out of office, because he had same position on gay marriage as Obama in 2008

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Gay radicals hound Mozilla CEO out of office, because he had same position on gay marriage as Obama in 2008

The guy who had the gall to express his First Amendment rights and favor Prop 8 in California by donating $1,000 in 2008, has just been scalped by some gay activists. After an OKCupid decision to boycott Mozilla, the recently appointed Brendan Eich just resigned under pressure:

In a post at Mozilla’s official blog, executive chairwoman Mitchell Baker confirmed the news with an unequivocal apology on the company’s behalf. “Mozilla prides itself on being held to a different standard and, this past week, we didn’t live up to it,” Baker wrote. “We didn’t act like you’d expect Mozilla to act. We didn’t move fast enough"

Leading liberal gay journalist Andrew Sullivan sees this for what it is:

"Will he now be forced to walk through the streets in shame? Why not the stocks? The whole episode disgusts me – as it should disgust anyone interested in a tolerant and diverse society. If this is the gay rights movement today – hounding our opponents with a fanaticism more like the religious right than anyone else – then count me out. If we are about intimidating the free speech of others, we are no better than the anti-gay bullies who came before us. "

Gay conservative Tammy Bruce:

"Great job @Mozilla #gaygestapo, you've transformed Eich's co into a bastion of intolerance & punishment for everyone who doesn't conform"

"And after you interrogate ur board & employees @Mozilla, next step==> you must have everyone sign a loyalty oath..."

"Hi @Mozilla libs, shouldn't you now send a questionnaire to every employee to make sure they have the correct opinions? Chop chop.."

Should anyone who voted for an anti-gay marriage Democratic Presidential candidate in 2008 be boycotted, too?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BDCMassGuy. Show BDCMassGuy's posts

Re: Gay radicals hound Mozilla CEO out of office, because he had same position on gay marriage as Obama in 2008

Mozilla set a dangerous precident by caving to the demands of this group. The CEO is entitled to his personal belief. He used personal funds. There was not company policy of discrimination. This was wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Re: Gay radicals hound Mozilla CEO out of office, because he had same position on gay marriage as Obama in 2008

I thought we went thru this with that duck-call guy?

His decision to step down(or even fired?) has little to do with his constitutional right to a belief. It was a business decision by the company reflecting their understanding that his views would have had a bad outcome for their bottom line. He is entitled to his 1st amendment rights, but must accept the business ramifications of his public expression of that right. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

He is entitled to his 1st amendment rights, but must accept the business ramifications of his public expression of that right. 

And now so does Mozilla.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He is entitled to his 1st amendment rights, but must accept the business ramifications of his public expression of that right. 

And now so does Mozilla.

[/QUOTE]

Agreed....They obviously felt that having a bigot at the helm is not good for business.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

[QUOTE]

And now so does Mozilla.

Agreed....They obviously felt that having a bigot at the helm is not good for business.

[/QUOTE]

supporting traditional marriage in 2008 =bigot?

Barack Obama, bigot.

Must be nice in your liberal coccoon world, where anyone who disagrees with you is an evil immoral hater....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

UserName99 -- How would you feel if it came to light via an IRS leak to a "traditional marriage" advocacy group that the CEO of a company was pro-gay marriage and had to resign as a result?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

I love how some conservatives have come out to defend the ousted CEO citing his freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc, when many of those same individuals defended the firing of others for supporting gay rights by citing the company or organizations right to freedom of speech or in some cases religious freedom.  

Eich should not have been fired, though Mozilla probably should not have named him CEO since this issue over his Prop 8 support was disclosed in 2012 and created a stir then.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I love how some conservatives have come out to defend the ousted CEO citing his freedom of speech, freedom of religion, etc, when many of those same individuals defended the firing of others for supporting gay rights by citing the company or organizations right to freedom of speech or in some cases religious freedom.  

I would be disgusted by anyone supporting the firing of an executive for the sole reason of professing a support for gay marriage. Heck, I support gay marriage.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[QUOTE]

I would be disgusted by anyone supporting the firing of an executive for the sole reason of professing a support for gay marriage.

[/QUOTE]

National Organization for Marriage wouldn't be disgusted, they would be elated, as they are one of the organizations leaping to defend Eich when in the past they have given cover to groups who have fired gay supporters, including religious leaders who were forced out after offciating same sex weddings.   

So while it is great that you, anonymous internet person, feel that way large groups with millions to spend are out doing their level best to ensure that gay supporters are ostracized and not in isolated instances but because that is the very reason for their existence.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Slate:

"More than 35,000 people gave money to the campaign for Proposition 8, the 2008 ballot measure that declared, “Only marriage between a man and a woman is valid or recognized in California.” You can download the entire list, via the Los Angeles Times, as a compressed spreadsheet. (Click the link that says, “Download CSV.”) Each row lists the donor’s employer. If you organize the data by company, you can add up the total number of donors and dollars that came from people associated with that company.

The first thing you’ll notice, if you search for Eich, is that he’s the only Mozilla employee who gave to the campaign for Prop 8. His $1,000 was more than canceled out by three Mozilla employees who donated to the other side.

The next thing you’ll notice is that other companies, including other tech firms, substantially outscored Mozilla in pro-Prop 8 contributions attributed to their employees. That includes Adobe, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Yahoo, as well as Disney, DreamWorks, Gap, and Warner Bros.

Thirty-seven companies in the database are linked to more than 1,300 employees who gave nearly $1 million in combined contributions to the campaign for Prop 8. Twenty-five tech companies are linked to 435 employees who gave more than $300,000. Many of these employees gave $1,000 apiece, if not more. Some, like Eich, are probably senior executives.

Why do these bigots still have jobs? Let’s go get them." (this is sarcasm, for the clueless out there)

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Eich should not have been fired, though Mozilla probably should not have named him CEO since this issue over his Prop 8 support was disclosed in 2012 and created a stir then.  

[/QUOTE]
    " fired gay supporters, including religious leaders who were forced out after offciating same sex weddings..."

That is clueless. Religious organizations have the right to hire those with the same belief system, and exclude those who do not. You want the State to force the Church to hire ministers to marry gays, against the belief system of the religion? Glad you are open about it.

That has nothing in common with a CEO position in a tech company, not involved in religion or politics...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]
    " fired gay supporters, including religious leaders who were forced out after offciating same sex weddings..."

That is clueless. Religious organizations have the right to hire those with the same belief system, and exclude those who do not. You want the State to force the Church to hire ministers to marry gays, against the belief system of the religion? Glad you are open about it.

That has nothing in common with a CEO position in a tech company, not involved in religion or politics...

[/QUOTE]

Taking away someone's livelihood for their beliefs is the same no matter what the profession, company or organization.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

So while it is great that you, anonymous internet person, feel that way large groups with millions to spend are out doing their level best to ensure that gay supporters are ostracized and not in isolated instances but because that is the very reason for their existence.  

I get that there are groups that are activly against gay marriage, it is their right to do so. But show me where any of these groups are actively campaigning to punish gay marriage supporters on a personal level as was done with Eich.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

[QUOTE]

UserName99 -- How would you feel if it came to light via an IRS leak to a "traditional marriage" advocacy group that the CEO of a company was pro-gay marriage and had to resign as a result?

[/QUOTE]

I'd feel like i've just gone back in time.

Your scenario isn't happening in 2014 in the business world.  Maybe in a church.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from babytut. Show babytut's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

And now so does Mozilla.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he's a bigot for believeing in a one man one woman marriage?  was he saying ssm should be illegal and comdemming them, or was he simply saying that he believes in one man one woman?

he gave 1000 bucks in 2008 right?   didn't obambi evolve on this matter sometime in 2012 when it became politically prudent?

obambi a bigot too?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to WhatNowDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

What a perfect tool you are, CLC. Christ.

[/QUOTE]

Nobody is perfect.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'd feel like i've just gone back in time.

Your scenario isn't happening in 2014 in the business world.  Maybe in a church.

[/QUOTE]

You're begging the question. We're not debating the chances of this happening, I'm asking you: how you would feel if this happened?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I have to agree with Sullivan (who is a classic conservative, btw, just not the kind CLC likes) and Bruce.  These are the worst impulses of overly-PC liberalism, and they need to be overcome.  The pro-gay marriage movement must not let themselves become as shrill and acidic as the real bigots like NOM and FotF.

That said, every situation is different, and it's both illogical and counter-productive to extrapolate this incident out too broadly.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

I get that there are groups that are activly against gay marriage, it is their right to do so. But show me where any of these groups are actively campaigning to punish gay marriage supporters on a personal level as was done with Eich.

[/QUOTE]

While I agree with your and others' position that what happened to Eich was unfair and the product of hystericalism on the left...

...it's difficult to deny with a straight face that some conservative groups are openly vilifying same-sex families and working feverishly though the state houses and courts to deny them certain civil rights...with varying success.

That these people have much lower profiles than a CEO or celebrity doesn't necessarily make it less personal.

The question is where free speech ends and harassment begins depending on one's point-of-view.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

His decision to step down(or even fired?) has little to do with his constitutional right to a belief. It was a business decision by the company reflecting their understanding that his views would have had a bad outcome for their bottom line. He is entitled to his 1st amendment rights, but must accept the business ramifications of his public expression of that right. 

[/QUOTE]

So, to discriminate against this guy is OK.

The left is showing just how tolerant tolerance has become.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I would be disgusted by anyone supporting the firing of an executive for the sole reason of professing a support for gay marriage.

[/QUOTE]

National Organization for Marriage wouldn't be disgusted, they would be elated, as they are one of the organizations leaping to defend Eich when in the past they have given cover to groups who have fired gay supporters, including religious leaders who were forced out after offciating same sex weddings.   

[/QUOTE]

Where the left is going wrong here is that the art of persuasion has become the brutal hammer of a purge.

What happened to tolerance?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronreganfan. Show ronreganfan's posts

In response to twelve_angry_men's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ronreganfan's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So, to discriminate against this guy is OK.

The left is showing just how tolerant tolerance has become.

[/QUOTE]

Heh, heh, heh ... to a conservative, acting on principal, no matter how discriminatory, is good.

Pushing back against those principals is the 'real' discrimination.

Someone needs to look up the definition of 'discrimination'.

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for showing you are not in it to show tolerance, but to discriminate, and purge all who disagree.  Make it so costly to disagree, cost them their livelyhood if need be.  That's niether tolerant nor the hallmark of a freedom loving society.  It is mob rule.

Welcome to the new world the left has created, and be careful what you say, because they just might have to kill you for thinking differently.

25. This post has been removed.