General thread for Obama's inauguration

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from scoobylou. Show scoobylou's posts

This is an important day in American history. However, the shameless media coverage has been so over the top - I could not watch. It is unfortunate because Mr. Obama offers hope to so many. I cannot stand to watch as the same media elite eventually come their senses and begin the systematic disamantling of an American Dream.

We need balance and comon sense to help set a realistic course out of this recession. After the party, many people will realize we still must deal with the hangover.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maria010199. Show maria010199's posts

Frightening. Very very frightening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sjbball. Show sjbball's posts

Obama must do at the very least a good job as President, if not he not only be voted out in four years but this country will not have the patience to give another so called minority a chance. We don't need the certain white folks telling us I told us so.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GOPer. Show GOPer's posts

Well...a non-memorable speech by Obama. He has had much better. Within 1 second of being President he flubs the oath. Wow.
    Remember, my dear Democrat friends we will treat Obama with the same respect you showed President Bush.
    01/20/13

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

I'm sick of this crap already - just give us our f'in jobs back

incompetance reigns in this country no matter how you call it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from toots. Show toots's posts

Well, I'm glad 1/2 of America is enthusiatic about taking up the charge Obama has given us. I guess the rest of you who have nothing better to say than, "We're all doomed" and Obama is going to ruin us" will just sit in your basement with your guns and stockpiles, scratch your butts, and wait for the apocolypse. If and when progress is made and 8 years from now Obama and his administration have accomplished even 1/2 of what they are going to try, don't come looking for your share--- the share of prosperity people are going to work for, not expect it handed to them.

Where are you people getting all this? "Obama's going to pay my bills." He never said that. He never called himself some "Messiah". We need a Leader to lead. There is way too much ignorance, apathy, and pessmism in America these days. Obama came across as that kind of leader to many, and he WON.

So yes, many of us that had the audacity to question Bush's policies, the wiretapping, the war, etc... and were called UNPATRIOTIC, and "against America" the tables are turned. The man hasn't even put a pen to an exectutive order, and already he is despised and criticized. I saw a car a week ago that said "Don't blame me, I voted for McCain". Blame for what? Obama Hadn't even taken office yet!!! So yes, YOU people whining about how "He isn't my president" "I won't answer to him" "He's going to ruin America,' YOU are now being Un-American. I can now question you loyalty, as you once judged mine. nyah, nyah.

Hope and happiness are much nicer emotions to carry with you throughout life. It makes for more pleasant interactions with others. When all you emote is pessimism, hate, and bitterness, you'll never get much more than that out of life.

More than 50% of America is choosing hope and happiness. So yes, screw you with your sour grapes and negativity. Hope and challenge for the next generation is the name of the game. Get on board, or get left behind, stweing in your own bitter juices.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo. Show TheArtist-formerly-known-as-Boo's posts

Every thinking person, HAS to hope that this Presidency is a success. You, your family member, your friend, your neighbor is dependent upon digging out of a financial morass created by the Washington power culture. Be it to the left or to the right, nobody chose to stop the runaway freight train. Now, whether you like him or not, we all must hope that the President has the skill to stop that train. I did not vote for him, but will pray for him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

there is no common ground and there is no democracy; it's just another day in the life of US hell

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bammonb. Show Bammonb's posts

I used to read these message boards because I had an open mind and was interested in the opinion of others. I cannot believe the quality of the remarks on here and the amount of complete A$$hats that roam these message boards. People directly insulting each other with their opinions and instant declaration of Obama's failure! Wow, you deserve a cookie. I hope that these aren't just the fine people of MA because if they are, this state is in big trouble and I am not proud to live here.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JoyLynne. Show JoyLynne's posts

Fabulous speech!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

too bad the rest of the world has to put up with US NONSENSE - GAG!
    I bet all the drunks in the world who are useless will love this another useless "president"

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tc123. Show tc123's posts

Hopefully, this will show all people that you can achieve success. It doesn't happen sitting on your butt and not working for it. It doesn't happen by sitting back and trying to get freebees. It doesn't happen by stealing and commiting other crimes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yoshimi25. Show Yoshimi25's posts

[Quote]I am forced to watch because I teach in a MA school that is making it mandated viewing. I can only pretend to be happy, though. We have already seen his leaning to rule from the left, and his unabashed freedom at using executive orders to bypass the Congress. I am also disturbed by the circus atmosphere. We are in a recession, yet he hires Hollywood stars and top selling music artists to begin the party two days before the actual inauguration. The fact that he is so joined at the hip with Hollywood and spending more than ever before on inauguration during this recession shows how far out of touch he is with the American people. I wish him luck, but his proposed tax increases on families making over 80k and his inordinate number of handouts to the masses will not help America. Today is the beginning of a period when America learns just how much worse things can actually get.[/Quote]

This is why I pulled my child out of the public education system and started home schooling.

Give Obama a chance - he can't be any worse than anyone else who came before him, or who will come after him

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Michelle2112. Show Michelle2112's posts

[Quote]Well...a non-memorable speech by Obama. He has had much better. Within 1 second of being President he flubs the oath. Wow.
    Remember, my dear Democrat friends we will treat Obama with the same respect you showed President Bush.
    01/20/13
    [/Quote]

Wow! That's it?? You are a republican, that's all? It is impossible for you to see

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from toots. Show toots's posts

Um, actually most Pundits and Republicans think he will. All the articles I read about the political future of the GOP is focusing on 2012. That's why I said it the way I did.

If you consider the last few presidents, Eisenhower, Nixon, Regan, Clinton, and George W. all were given second terms. It's more common in today's politics.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

[Quote]Obama, unlike Bush, is a thoughtful man who looks at and examines problems instead of looking the other way and simply denying that they are there. That he read Team Of Rivals and appears to be following Lincoln's philosophy is a good sign. He appears to be looking to govern from the center, which is also a good sign. However, the biggest problem with this country is the corrupt senate and the congress. You know, those people who just took a big pay increase to over $175,000, plus fabulous perks and free everything, even though a bunch of them are wealthy and the raise won't make any difference to their lifestyle. As long as Obama can keep these guys happy by feeding them mouthfuls of pork, we might be okay.[/Quote]

You do realize that after Lincoln was inaugurated @1/2 of the United States of America ceded from the Union right? Also that Obama was in the Senate when the raises were given?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

this country sucks its never too soon to work to get him out of office...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cujo. Show Cujo's posts

Today is a day to celebrate just like the Republicans did 8 years ago. The difference is that tomorrow morning Obama will roll up his sleeves and get right to work on fixing a damaged nation. Unlike Bush who immediately went to play golf and embark on a schedule that found him taking more days off in the first 7.5 months of his Presidency than any other President in history. That, of course, all changed on 9-11 when that smug frat-boy smirk was wiped off his face while attempting to read a book to classroomfull of toddlers.

The smirk returned when he and Cheney figured out that they could use the terrorist attack to enrich their friends and wealthy loyalists.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

american success is an illusion a lie for the rest of the world to eat up just like stupid americans

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PMGG. Show PMGG's posts

<!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

People keep saying how they know that Obama is going to drive this country to the ground...guess what, WE ARE ALREADY THERE.

We are one nation and we should help our new government and our new President move forward and dig ourselves out of the horrible situation our country is currently in. Instead of criticizing and seeing the negative let's be positive and work together to go back to being the powerful, prosperous nation we are.

Let's not set ourselves up for failure and turn against each other in times when there are so many people without jobs, homes, food, and when there are still many sons, brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers in Iraq and Afghanistan fighting a war for all of us. Because of these people that are really in need let's hope for the best and work with the new government towards the best.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBiii. Show BBiii's posts

toots doesn't sound like you are choosing hope and happiness when you say screw anyone who disagrees.

If you want to choose positive emotions you should accept those who disagree and ask that they join and try to make this country one again

You know, sort of what Obama asks us to do

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauloz. Show pauloz's posts

this country is more corrupt now than it has ever been

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caramel. Show Caramel's posts

GOPer,

President Obama DID NOT flub the oath! The justice administering it mixed up the order of one line which President Obama recognized.