General thread for Obama's inauguration

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Butch927. Show Butch927's posts

I just never thought I would see the day when an inexperienced media star would be elected as President. So much for qualifications or wisdom.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lionhound7. Show Lionhound7's posts

Change is here....Obama will be the Deval Patrick of presidents.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Butch927. Show Butch927's posts

[Quote]No wonder our schools are turning out uneducated kids.
    Butch927 who is a teacher is just completely ignorant of any facts.

"...his unabashed freedom at using executive orders to bypass the Congress."
    He's not president yet, hasn't signed anything. That would be Bush you're trying to bash.

He has already prepared several executive orders in advance of taking office (closing Gitmo, abortion rights, interrogation tactics, etc.). All you need to do is read the news and you would have known that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lynchyj. Show lynchyj's posts

I think both sides need to relax. This nation is not "on the precipice of ruin" as one poster wrote. And Mr. Obama is not a savior. He is an adept speaker and politician who only 8 years ago had his head handed to him in a Congressional race against Bobby Rush. He is a beneficiary of great timing and an amazing confluence of events.

Once this inauguration/coronation/beatification is over and he gets to work, the press will stop being his de facto PR machine and go back to its more-enjoyed role of actually being critical and analytical. Once the Kool Aid wears off, things will get back to normal.

As Mr. Obama is now our nation's president, I wish him nothing but the best and greatest success - with the economy, foreign relations, the environment, etc. But we all have a different definition of success.

Time will tell. But to those stricken by panic and fear, and those whose hopes are in the clouds, this nation has overcome many bad presidents and has made mistakes despite many great presidents.

So, again, relax. And get to work.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bdannyfly. Show bdannyfly's posts

my business had it's best year ever in 08 liberals are always so suprised because of their negitivity. The only think that matters is what betwwen your ears staypositive you'll be successful no matter who is president .

my hope is in Jesus if you want change change yourself and you'll be ahappy and successful.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallykent. Show wallykent's posts

[Quote]Obama is ruined from Day One if he listens to leftist loons like Keith Olberman.
    Olbermann, in his latest "Special Comment," called on President-elect Barack Obama to prosecute President Bush and administration members on a charge of torturing prisoners.
    When Bush took office, there was an investigation of whether his predecessor Clinton's pardon of Marc Rich was rank bribery. Bush did not pursue this, following a tradition of looking forward, and doing what was good for the country, not just for his Party.
    If Bush is charged by this partisan witch hunt, then Pelosi and other Democrats have to go to the slammer too, since they knew and approved of enhanced interrogation methods.[/Quote]

They're all criminals who have betrayed our country for the international banking cartel also known as "The Fed". They are just different sides of the same coin. The only "Change" Obama will provide is him "Changing" his stance on pretty much everything.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from fortysomething. Show fortysomething's posts

[Quote]

Curiously, that never happened when the Clinton team left the White House. All the "W"s were intact. The story spread like so many other urban legends because people are gullible and will believe anything they see on the internet.[/Quote]

inmonster, usually i agree with most of what you blog but you are incorrect in this statement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougWatts. Show DougWatts's posts

I, for one, welcome our new BlackGayMuslim Overlord and her husband.

In all seriousness, this is a day I never thought I would see happen.

Martin Luther King, Jr. and Henry Thoreau are tossing back a few right now together.

What are they drinking?

Samuel Adams.

Cheers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonwalt. Show Bostonwalt's posts

I wish President Obama the best as well as all our elected officals.

They/we have many challenges ahead and need to work together.

It will not be the one thing we do that fixes our problems it will be everything we do that will fix our problems

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

[Quote]

He has already prepared several executive orders in advance of taking office (closing Gitmo, abortion rights, interrogation tactics, etc.). All you need to do is read the news and you would have known that.[/Quote]

You are attempting to bash Obama because he prepared executive orders during the transition period, the period in which President Elects prepare their incoming administrations to assume their duties in a seamless manner? You are crisicising him for being prepared to carry out his duties by formulating draft documentation of policies he will implement and has promised to implement?

Do you understand why what you are saying is hysterically stupid?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from toots. Show toots's posts

[Quote]The bottom line here is Obama will fail because he isn't smart enough to be President and everyone knows it. Please do you really think this man is as smart and thoughtful as everyone makes him out to be. He is just a puppet (like Bush) for the Democrats and they used him to pefection. He will do what he is told when he is told (yes master) or he'll be run out of office. The only way this country rises up from the economic mess we're in is if we stop creating debt and start actually inventing products that the rest of the world wants or needs. The money/wealth is no longer in this country it is sitting in Saudi Arabia with the oil they love to taunt us with until we become energy independant we will continue to struggle on the economic front.[/Quote]

Okaaaay... why don't you go invent us something and get back to us.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueeyedgirl. Show blueeyedgirl's posts

This whole 'precipice of ruin' thing is amusing....this is yet another day where partisanship and ignorance rule the political landscape of our country. The problems with the economy, it's not a partisan issue - it's a political issue, it's a money issue, it's a greed issue. In case you haven't noticed, greed is a HUGE part of both political parties. So while I hope for change, and I wish Obama the best, nothing will change if he's just going to continue with politics as usual, which is what he was known for before, but no one bothered to pay attention.
    Someone's race, someone's political leanings, someone's education, those don't make you a great president - what makes you a great president is standing up to both sides and doing what is right for the country, before what is right for your party or your buddies.
    Oh, and by the way, I don't know about anyone else, but I was offended by the preacher who got up and told yellow people to mellow and red ones to get ahead and the white man to get with the plan. Racism comes from all sides, and that piece of the speech was insulting and inappropriate. I was just waiting for him to tell women to sit down and shut up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[Quote]"When will you conservatives learn to put ignorance aside for the country's sake."

i couldn't have said it better myself, except i'd replace 'conservatives' with 'liberals'. the liberals take their lead from a group of people who 'pretend' for a living, i.e., the Hollywood types. i'd rather align myself with people who have actual skills and thoughts of their own.

let's face it, this country needs to split into two pieces. let the Hollywood and Kumbyya types go their way, and the thinkers go theirs. i have no doubt in a few years, the left side will be begging for help from the right side. after all, someone has to actually work/produce for a country to succeed, true?[/Quote]

In a few years, the left may very well be asking the right for help, but right now, the right is begging for help. All of the "small government" types want the government to bail them out. All of the "no handouts to the poor" have the hand out and are standing in line to get bailed out.

Kumbaya types, my butt. How about all of you "stick your head in the sand" types?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazed. Show amazed's posts

[Quote]I just never thought I would see the day when an inexperienced media star would be elected as President. So much for qualifications or wisdom.[/Quote]

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazed. Show amazed's posts

[Quote]I just never thought I would see the day when an inexperienced media star would be elected as President. So much for qualifications or wisdom.[/Quote]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

He has already prepared several executive orders in advance of taking office (closing Gitmo, abortion rights, interrogation tactics, etc.).

and i would say that's why i voted for him and why i am so freaking happy today -- cause he and i think the same morally and ethically -- closing gitmo, abortion rights for those who have to travel miles and miles to get one and no more torture in violation of united nations recommendations - my kind of man -- i only wish my mother were alive to see this day

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazed. Show amazed's posts

I actually had to repost that twice so I could believe what this guy wrote.

Butch, I'm praying that you're not teaching in the public school that my daughter attends. Hopefully you at least have enough sense to keep your political thoughts to yourself while you're at work.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lukeseri58. Show lukeseri58's posts

[Quote]This whole 'precipice of ruin' thing is amusing....this is yet another day where partisanship and ignorance rule the political landscape of our country. The problems with the economy, it's not a partisan issue - it's a political issue, it's a money issue, it's a greed issue. In case you haven't noticed, greed is a HUGE part of both political parties. So while I hope for change, and I wish Obama the best, nothing will change if he's just going to continue with politics as usual, which is what he was known for before, but no one bothered to pay attention.
    Someone's race, someone's political leanings, someone's education, those don't make you a great president - what makes you a great president is standing up to both sides and doing what is right for the country, before what is right for your party or your buddies.
    Oh, and by the way, I don't know about anyone else, but I was offended by the preacher who got up and told yellow people to mellow and red ones to get ahead and the white man to get with the plan. Racism comes from all sides, and that piece of the speech was insulting and inappropriate. I was just waiting for him to tell women to sit down and shut up.[/Quote]

wow - that was my favorite speech of the day -- and i also loved Rev. (i can never remember his name) the gay guy from new hampshire -- i thought both those guys were great

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Obama day one. Where's the HOPE???

DOW -332

With all of this optimism, hope, parting of the seas, rays of sunshine and feel good love spreading throughout the world, I expected the market to be up.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazed. Show amazed's posts

[Quote]Obama day one. Where's the HOPE???

DOW -332

With all of this optimism, hope, parting of the seas, rays of sunshine and feel good love spreading throughout the world, I expected the market to be up.

Maybe he hasn't recieved the presidential "Easy Button" yet.

[/Quote]

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from blueeyedgirl. Show blueeyedgirl's posts

See, if you loved that speech, it's proof, racism still runs rampant at all levels of our society. If he had just pulled that part out, it was a decent speech, but using inappropriate terms to describe various races, I guess you're allowed if you're a preacher... let's just keep the hypocrisy going!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LJM396. Show LJM396's posts

[Quote]The bottom line here is Obama will fail because he isn't smart enough to be President and everyone knows it. Please do you really think this man is as smart and thoughtful as everyone makes him out to be. He is just a puppet (like Bush) for the Democrats and they used him to pefection. He will do what he is told when he is told (yes master) or he'll be run out of office. The only way this country rises up from the economic mess we're in is if we stop creating debt and start actually inventing products that the rest of the world wants or needs. The money/wealth is no longer in this country it is sitting in Saudi Arabia with the oil they love to taunt us with until we become energy independant we will continue to struggle on the economic front.[/Quote]

Who is "everyone"? Half the country voted for him, so I don't think "everyone" thinks he's not smart enough to be president. If you are such an expert on what this country needs, you should run for office. At the very least, maybe you count invent a product to bring money back into the country.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReasonedReply. Show ReasonedReply's posts

President Obama! sure has a great ring to it.

For those who prefer petty rancor and irrational ideological ranting.
    Take a vacation. Get help.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

blueeyedgirl1- Well said. well said indeed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevehud. Show stevehud's posts

Hey reasoned reply- A nice ring to it??

please remove the word reasoned from your name. Anyone who thinks a president is/will be good because they like his name?
    sure as heck isnt doing any reasoning at all.

Sections
Shortcuts