GET OUT!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

GET OUT!

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/Lake-Mead-Property-Owners-Forced-Out-Until-Gov-Shutdown-Ends-226557661.html

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they're being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land. 

Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They've been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn't an option.

The Spencers never expected to be forced out of their Lake Mead home, which they've owned since the 70s, but on Thursday, a park ranger said they had 24 hours to get out.

"I had to go to town today and buy Ralph undershirts and jeans because I forgot his pants," Joyce Spencer told Action News.

The Stewart's Point home sits on federal land, so even though the Spencers own their cabin outright, they're not allowed in until the government reopens.

Well, if the park rangers can't maintain the water fountains we can't just have people living in their homes all willy nilly like that.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: GET OUT!

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

http://www.ktnv.com/news/local/Lake-Mead-Property-Owners-Forced-Out-Until-Gov-Shutdown-Ends-226557661.html

Las Vegas, NV (KTNV) -- The government shutdown is being felt close to home for some locals. They say they're being forced out of private homes on Lake Mead because they sit on federal land. 

Joyce Spencer is 77-years-old and her husband Ralph is 80. They've been spending most of their time in the family ice cream store since going home isn't an option.

The Spencers never expected to be forced out of their Lake Mead home, which they've owned since the 70s, but on Thursday, a park ranger said they had 24 hours to get out.

"I had to go to town today and buy Ralph undershirts and jeans because I forgot his pants," Joyce Spencer told Action News.

The Stewart's Point home sits on federal land, so even though the Spencers own their cabin outright, they're not allowed in until the government reopens.

Well, if the park rangers can't maintain the water fountains we can't just have people living in their homes all willy nilly like that.

I think ther needs to be a cleaning out of the US Park Service management team.  Most of the absurd headlines and implacations of the shutdown have to do with how the Park Service is handling the shutdown.  They are either incompetent or they are working to make this as political as possible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Well I would like more details about the terms of being able to build your house on federal land; certainly isn't something I would want to do. I would want to own the land my house is built on.

That said, it does look more suspicious than a general closing of national parks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

For an agency that is supposedly shut down, they certainly have a lot of people running around setting up baracades, shutting down businesses on leased land, and now, kicking people out of their homes.

So, ten years down the road, when the entire medical system is collapsed into the federal government:  What are they going to do then if there is a shut down? Put hospitalized patients out on the side walk in gurneys?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I see the progressives don't want to touch that with a ten foot pole.

Sections
Shortcuts