Get ready.... Queue Tina Fey and book her on SNL

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Get ready.... Queue Tina Fey and book her on SNL

Update photoshop and check your microphones...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/09/sarah-palin-senate-run_n_3569374.html

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re: Get ready.... Queue Tina Fey and book her on SNL

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

Bill,

Quote from the article:

"I'm still waiting to see, you know, what the lineup will be and hoping that, there again, there will be some new blood, new energy -- not just kind of picking from the same old politicians in the state," Palin continued.

Oh please former Governor Palin, please please take a run at that senate seat. You will make so many people happy if you do.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Queue Tina Fey and book her on SNL

because we need more fake quotes to attribute to Sarah!

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]Queue Tina Fey and book her on SNL

--

[/QUOTE]

See the quote andiejen posted above. That's all Sarah. And she's not even running yet!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

--

[/QUOTE]

SB,

Palin has struck me as a woman who is pretty darn good at defending herself. 

SNL only parodies those who are important enough to parody. 

By this time she really knows what she will be getting into. If a 6 year term in the senate is not worth it then she should not be going back into politics. It should be a family decision. All the skeletons are out by now. It is not the national spotlight. She can run her own campaign with out fighting with McCain's people this time.

If she wins the primary, the RNC and outside GOP money can get behind her simply because they want that seat. It is another ballgame this time around for her. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

--

[/QUOTE]

SB,

Palin has struck me as a woman who is pretty darn good at defending herself. 

SNL only parodies those who are important enough to parody. 

By this time she really knows what she will be getting into. If a 6 year term in the senate is not worth it then she should not be going back into politics. It should be a family decision. All the skeletons are out by now. It is not the national spotlight. She can run her own campaign with out fighting with McCain's people this time.

If she wins the primary, the RNC and outside GOP money can get behind her simply because they want that seat. It is another ballgame this time around for her. 

[/QUOTE]

"SNL only parodies those who are important enough to parody. "

No, SNL only parodies conservatives.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

You never saw them picking on Obama or are you making sheit up again?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[/QUOTE]

Probably not.

The real quotes were more than sufficient to damage her credibility the first go round.

American life is full of second acts, though....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

But but...."I have foreign policy experience because you can see Russia from land here in Alaska" is so much more intelligent than "I can see Russia from my backyard (in Alaska)".

Eh, not exactly:

CHARLES GIBSON: Let me ask you about specific national security situations. Let's start, because we are near Russia. Let's start with Russia and Georgia. The administration has said, we've got to maintain the territorial integrity of Georgia. Do you believe the United States should try to restore Georgian sovereignty over South Ossetia and Abkhazia?

SARAH PALIN: First off, we're going to continue good relations with Saakashvili there. I was able to speak with him the other day and giving him my commitment, as John McCain's running mate, that we will be committed to Georgia. And we've got to keep an eye on Russia. For Russia to have exerted such pressure in terms of invading a smaller democratic country, unprovoked, is unacceptable. And we have to keep...

GIBSON: You believe unprovoked?

PALIN: I do believe unprovoked. And we have got to keep our eyes on Russia. Under the leadership there.

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of this state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors. And you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska.

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/brad-wilmouth/2009/11/18/abc-brings-i-can-see-russia-my-backyard-palin-interview#ixzz2YpSuLP20

So she's saying that, due to the proximity of her state to Russia, the people of Alaska by default have a bit more insight regarding the things that Russia than folks that aren't so personally involved. That makes sense. I'm sure that the people of Arizona, in general, have a bit more insight regarding the things that go on in Mexico than we do up here in New England.

Context is so helpful. Don't you think?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Awesome. This proves that she's a far more talented speaker than someone that, say, is completely lost without a script to read from.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The two mainlands are 50 miles apart, across open water. Even with the best commercial optics you wouldn't be able to see a person much less an expression or even a gesture.

You're being pedantic ACC. Actually, you can easily see Russia from some Alaskan islands but that, of course, isn't the point. The proximity that Mr. Gibson is referring to is obviously more of a state of mind than physical geography. I know that you're smarter than this ACC...

--

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Yes, state of mind. Similar to how Floridians in general have a much better appreciation for the goings on in Cuba, despite the fact that the island in 90 miles off shore. Or how the Japanese pay attention to what's going in China. Or how the Isralies pay attention to what's going on in Iran. Or how the Faukland islanders pay attention to the goings on in Argentina. So on and so on and so on.

You don't actually have to see a land that represents a danger to you from your front porch to have a reason to pay attention to it.

--

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Come on now, the notion is absurd. Foreign policy experience is.....     experience in actually having done things involving policy with foreign nations. Meeting with leaders and working out accords, diffusing a situation, etc.

Sure, but you'd also agree that having lived in a certain environment your whole life might give you a better apprecation of some things. Did she have massive foreign policy credentials at that time? No, and I don't think that she was making that claim either. On the other hand I'd say that her background made her more sensitive to issues regarding Russia. Similar to how Obama's background had made him more sensitive to race issues than any of the other candidates running at the time.

I'm getting the feeling that arguing with y'all about this is similar to arguing with Skeeter about Obama. There's just not going to be any stepping outside the box happening here.

--

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts