Re: Glen Johnson, political editor for Boston.com, is joining Secretary of State John Kerryâs staff
posted at 2/1/2013 12:30 PM EST
In response to DamainAllen's comment:
In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
In response to DamainAllen's comment:
So a person who has worked in news media for 30 years was approached to coordinate the communications for the State Department and the issue is what exactly?
The issue is state run media flacks for Government, being rewarded for their loyalty , by being hired by Government....
Howie Carr worked in media for 30 years, did he have much of a shot of being hired?
Kerry needed a liberal flack, and he rewarded a loyal Globe leftwing bumkisser journalist...
The mainstream media is run by liberals, for liberals....
During the four years that Barack Obama has been president, there have been many journalists who have put aside their supposed neutrality in favor of outright liberal advocacy. In December of 2011, ABC correspondent Jim Sciutto left the network to become chief of staff to Obama's ambassador to China. Just one month prior, a freelance reporter for the New York Times joined up with the Occupy Wall Street movement.
In July of the same year, Politico saw someone leave the politics website to work for Democrats in Arizona on the very same day that it hired someone else fresh from a Democratic senator's staff.
The âÂÂÂÂrevolving doorâÂÂÂÂ between the left and the self-described mainstream media is a very real problem. Since Barack Obama became president, NewsBusters has documented over 20 separate instances of the door spinning freely including:
- Former Time reporter Jay Carneybecoming press secretary for President Obama
- Disgraced former New York governor Eliot Spitzerbeing given a prime-time television show on CNN
- The exposure of a secret spin society email group called "Journo-list" which provided a private space for left-wing reporters and activists to discuss how to shape the news
- Washington Post reporter Shailagh Murrayleaving the paper to work as communications director for vice president Joe Biden
- CNN senior manager and producer Andrew Breslauleaving the network to head up the far-left Nation Institute
- Former "Dateline" anchor Jane Pauleywho toured the country campaigning on Obama's behalf
- Former Obamacare communications director Linda Douglassreturning back to journalism as a vice president at the Atlantic Media group. Prior to her working to spin healthcare, she worked at the Atlantic and also as a correspondent for ABC and CBS.
- Los Angeles Times political writer Peter Gosselin quitting journalism to write speeches for Treasury secretary Tim Geithner
For a more comprehensive look at so-called objective journalists making their bias official, please click here.
Read more: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-sheffield/2013/02/01/revolving-door-boston-globe-s-glen-johnson-kerry-s-state-departme#ixzz2Jf8OBi8b
So I assume you have a problem with these people too
John Kasich: Hosted a program on FoxNews for 6 years prior to to running for Governor of Ohio
Dana Perino: Former Bush admin employee now works as a pundit for FoxNews
Sarah Palin: Darling of the Right Wing quite her job as Governor following the 2008 election and joined FoxNews as a paid political pundit
Mike Huckabee: former GOP governor and Presidential candidate works as FoxNews employee and hosts his own TV program.
Tony Snow: Left FoxNews to become Bush admin spokesperson
And that is just the tip of a much larger iceberg. In other words your complaints are hollow because like or not, the revolving door exists and all political persuasions use it.
The few examples you gave are those who were hired to give their opinions..they were hired as conservative pundits..no secret. (With the one exception of Tony Snow.)
Almost all the examples I gave are of supposed objective news reporters and producers, who were partisan liberals....rewarded for their journalistic contributions to the liberal cause...