Glenn Beck is falling apart!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Glenn Beck is falling apart!

19 more advertisers ditch Glenn Beck

Tue Oct 06, 2009 at 11:00:00 AM PDT

Great news today in our campaign against Glenn Beck. We're announcing that nineteen more of Beck's advertisers have stopped supporting his show. That number includes two British companies who just announced that they've pulled their ads from the UK broadcast of Beck's show after hearing from customers.

Two companies--Waitrose (the British supermarket chain) and Metropolitan Talent Management--pulled their ads not only from Beck's show, but from Fox News in general.

Over 280,000 of us have now called on advertisers to stop supporting Beck's show. We are keeping Beck isolated and making sure that he continues to be a financial liability for Fox. Eventually, Fox will have to explain why they are continuing to give Beck's race-baiting and fear-mongering a platform even as it hurts their bottom line.

ColorOfChange's diary :: ::
    Here's the full list of new companies ditching Beck: AmMed Direct, Citrix Online, Concord Music Group, Diageo, Eggland's Best, Equifax, Eulactol USA (producer of Flexitol), GetARoom.com, Hoffman La Roche (maker of BONIVA), Metropolitan Talent Management, ooVoo, Overture Films, Scarguard, Schiff Nutrition (maker of Tiger's Milk and Fi-Bar), Seoul Metropolitan Government, Subaru, Toyota-Lexus, Waitrose and Woodland Power Products, Inc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart!

How is this campaign against Beck any different than his campaign against others? Seems to me people on the Left have a big issue with Beck targeting people for wrong-doing yet have no problem with HIM being targeted. Does that not seem a bit hypocritical? Or it is simply a matter of it being ok because you don't particularly like the guy?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

No ink is bad ink.  Tough concept for these obsessive ones

since the last big boycott:

Q3 Cable Ratings: FNC Shows Fill Top 10; #3 Network on Cable; Glenn Beck Grows Timeslot 136%

136%!
      Glenn adores these idiots!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Initiating boycotts by convincing advertisers to drop their support is a perfectly legitimate tactic that has been used by groups of all stripes, liberal and conservative.  So, no, its' not hypocritical. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart!:
    Initiating boycotts by convincing advertisers to drop their support is a perfectly legitimate tactic that has been used by groups of all stripes, liberal and conservative.  So, no, its' not hypocritical. 
    Posted by DamainAllen

I understand it's a legitimate tactic. Just like it's a legitimate tactic to expose people for wrong-doing. So when one complains about Beck for doing his job and then retaliates by boycotting then yes it is hypocritical. Would these people have a problem if it was Maddow? Olbermann? I suspect not. These people are only boycotting because they dislike Beck. He is a pompous a55 but what I do is just not watch him. Problem solved. I also don't care for Olbermann. Don't watch him. Problem solved. If Olbermann went off the air I wouldn't be rejoicing like these folks with Beck. Anyway, we can agree to disagree

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

"THE TRUTH WILL PREVAIL"  !!!!!!!!!!   "SAY WHAT YOU MEAN, AND MEAN WHAT YOU SAY"   !!!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart! : I understand it's a legitimate tactic. Just like it's a legitimate tactic to expose people for wrong-doing. So when one complains about Beck for doing his job and then retaliates by boycotting then yes it is hypocritical. Would these people have a problem if it was Maddow? Olbermann? I suspect not. These people are only boycotting because they dislike Beck. He is a pompous a55 but what I do is just not watch him. Problem solved. I also don't care for Olbermann. Don't watch him. Problem solved. If Olbermann went off the air I wouldn't be rejoicing like these folks with Beck. Anyway, we can agree to disagree
    Posted by hawkeye01

I beleive the impetus for this boycott was Glenn Beck calling the president a racist and saying he has a "deep-seated hatred for white people." and not as you say simply doing his job.  

Sure they clearly dislike him, but that is really beside the point. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart! : I beleive the impetus for this boycott was Glenn Beck calling the president a racist and saying he has a "deep-seated hatred for white people." and not as you say simply doing his job.   Sure they clearly dislike him, but that is really beside the point. 
    Posted by DamainAllen

So these people don't like free-speech. Even better reason <rolling eyes />. Not rolling eyes at you Damain. Again, why not simply change the station? Maybe these people have too much free time on their hand. A hobby might not be a bad idea for these folks : )

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart! : So these people don't like free-speech. Even better reason <rolling eyes />. Not rolling eyes at you Damain. Again, why not simply change the station? Maybe these people have too much free time on their hand. A hobby might not be a bad idea for these folks : )
    Posted by hawkeye01

Free speech isn't the issue, and Beck's isn't being infringed upon.  There is no constitutional protection for putting your foot in your mouth and getting called out over it.  If the government was initiating this boycott then you'd have a point, but as it stands this is not a free speech issue in the slightest.   

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart! : So these people don't like free-speech. Even better reason <rolling eyes />. Not rolling eyes at you Damain. Again, why not simply change the station? Maybe these people have too much free time on their hand. A hobby might not be a bad idea for these folks : )
    Posted by hawkeye01

But the critics are using their free speech to convince others to use their free speech and stop paying Beck's bills.  Beck can still speak just to a smaller audience.   Every one gets to speak this way.  It's not my hobby either, but other people seem to like it.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart! : Free speech isn't the issue, and Beck's isn't being infringed upon.  There is no constitutional protection for putting your foot in your mouth and getting called out over it.  If the government was initiating this boycott then you'd have a point, but as it stands this is not a free speech issue in the slightest.   
    Posted by DamainAllen

Sorry I wasn't clear. I didn't mean free speech as in constitutional free speech. Not saying his free speech is being infringed upon either. Simply saying everyone has a right to say stupid things without having to lose their job over it. It just seems they have it out for this guy because they dislike him because he isn't on the Left. Now, if these kinds of statements were/are an ongoing thing then that's a different story.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

If you don't like what he says, don't watch him. This boycotting thing is really sort of a joke, it just makes the victim more of a martyr and people tune in to see what the hubub is about, thus boosting ratings.

Remember, these stations are all about those ratings, not watching will lower the ratings, thus lower the advertising dollars and he'll lose his seat.

I don't listen to Rush, Beck or any of those bomb throwing wingnuts just because I don't like the format. If you can't debate, what's the purpose? It becomes just vitriolic propaganda.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from catmantwo. Show catmantwo's posts

If every boycott gives him a triple digit ratings boost, I think his job is quite safe
    Posted by GreginMeffa

Fair enough. But who's going to pay his salary? Surely not Rupert out of his own pocket.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

If you don't like what he says, don't watch him. This boycotting thing is really sort of a joke, it just makes the victim more of a martyr and people tune in to see what the hubub is about, thus boosting ratings. Remember, these stations are all about those ratings, not watching will lower the ratings, thus lower the advertising dollars and he'll lose his seat. I don't listen to Rush, Beck or any of those bomb throwing wingnuts just because I don't like the format. If you can't debate, what's the purpose? It becomes just vitriolic propaganda.
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat
    SOUNDS LIKE  "YOU WANT THE TRUTH ??  BUT YOU CAN'T TAKE THE TRUTH".........  A CATCH 22 FOR SURE !!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

We will not stop until  Glenn Beck show is off Fox all together. 
    Posted by AdlerE

And back on sister station CNN?
    No thanks.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart! : SOUNDS LIKE SOMEONE IS FALLING FOR HIS CR@P. YOU'RE A MINDLESS  TOOL! HOWS IT FEEL? I bet soft and warm !
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat
      MY GOOOODNESS....... THE ACORN GROUP IS GETTING A LITTLE ROUGH AROUND THE EDGES !!   SON,  DID'NT YOUR LIBERAL MOM & DAD  TEACH YOU HOW TO PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS ???

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart! : I beleive the impetus for this boycott was Glenn Beck calling the president a racist and saying he has a "deep-seated hatred for white people." and not as you say simply doing his job.   Sure they clearly dislike him, but that is really beside the point. 
    Posted by DamainAllen

Unfairly calling political opponents racists is the complete and entire job description for most leftie talking heads.... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

So when one complains about Beck for doing his job
    ===
    Maybe if the "Grim Weeper" could "do his job" without lies and fake tears, he wouldn't be losing sponsors.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart! :   MY GOOOODNESS....... THE ACORN GROUP IS GETTING A LITTLE ROUGH AROUND THE EDGES !!   SON,  DID'NT YOUR LIBERAL MOM & DAD  TEACH YOU HOW TO PLAY WITH YOUR FRIENDS ???
    Posted by Bill-806

I pick my friends.
    My dad was educated so he could use punctuation properly.
    That said, it's a matter of respect. What's your problem?

FYI, ACORN is a non issue. Try to keep up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart! : I pick my friends. My dad was educated so he could use punctuation properly. That said, it's a matter of respect. What's your problem? FYI, ACORN is a non issue. Try to keep up.
    Posted by Bill.the.Cat
    OK MY HIGHLY EDUCATED FRIEND (AND LIBERAL DAD TOO)......... SO "ACORN" IS A NON ISSUE ????  I HOPE YOU LIVE IN AN AREA THAT DOES NOT GET MUCH RAIN !!!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In Response to Re: Glenn Beck is falling apart! : Unfairly calling political opponents racists is the complete and entire job description for most leftie talking heads.... 
    Posted by BobinVa

Many in the GOP (elected officials and rank and file) has made that task a bit less difficult than playing tee ball.  I know you are guys are running with the whole "LIBERAL PLAYING THE RACE CARD" angle but the facts are the facts and Obama has been subjected to outright racism from elected officials and regualr folks attending tea parties and other similar events.  Don't whine about the brush you are being painted with if you aren't calling out the racists within the party in the same way you would call out the birthers for making you look bad. 

And don't play dumb and act like you aren't aware of the numerous high profile instances of what I am talking about. 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts