Glenn Beck on Current TV bid: 'We were not allowed to the table'

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Some things just make you go mmmmmmmm.....Al Gore more aligned with Al-jazeera vs. Beck.

Glenn Beck on Thursday said he did explore buying Current TV, but Al Gore rebuffed him for ideological reasons.

Beck told his radio show listeners that, as reported by The Wall Street Journal, TheBlaze TV had been looking to access Current’s 60 million households and negotiators from his production company reached out to the former vice president and Current co-founder to ask about a potential purchase. That possibility was not entertained by Gore's office, Beck said

“He didn’t sell to the highest bidder. We were not allowed to the table,” Beck said.

Beck said his company received a phone call saying Current would not be sold to him just 15 minutes after inquiring about the purchase. Beck noted he was not involved in the negotiations personally.

"‘Yeah, no,” the Current representative said, according to Beck. “‘Not even interested. We, our legacy, is too important and there would quite frankly be too many people, too many friends, that the vice president would have to explain why he was selling to Glenn Beck. Our legacy is too important — we’re not going to, no. No.’"

"Not surprised. Not surprised. Not a shock. I mean, I wouldn’t sell to Al Gore," Beck added.

Eventually, Current TV sold to Al-Jazeera.

"[Gore] looked for, who do I ideologically align with? The vice president of the United States of America tells you he is more ideologically aligned with Al-Jazeera than an American broadcaster who believes in America — just doesn’t believe in what he does — believes that America is a good place, that America has a bright future ahead of us if we just do the right thing,” Beck said on his show.

Beck said he and his team wear their failed attempt as a "badge of honor.”

“We had lots of laughs,” he said. “But in the end we decided we would have to go give up too much control to somebody if we had to borrow that kind of money. And we were not going to do that."

"I am proud to say that Al Gore finds my principles reprehensible but aligns his principles with Al-Jazeera,” Beck added.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Re: Glenn Beck on Current TV bid: 'We were not allowed to the table'

Its Gore's pregotative to sell his privately owned entity to the buyer he and his investors feel best about selling to. 

Personally, I don't think the Al Jeezra move was beneficial for the future of the channel (Time Warner dropped it immediately) but I suppose it doesn't matter much to the people counting their cash as a result of the transaction. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

good for Al Gore....  the guy is consistant and is as always unashamed about how he makes money.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Some things just make you go mmmmmmmm.....Al Gore more aligned with Al-jazeera vs. Beck.

Glenn Beck on Thursday said he did explore buying Current TV, but Al Gore rebuffed him for ideological reasons.

Beck told his radio show listeners that, as reported by The Wall Street Journal, TheBlaze TV had been looking to access Current’s 60 million households and negotiators from his production company reached out to the former vice president and Current co-founder to ask about a potential purchase. That possibility was not entertained by Gore's office, Beck said

“He didn’t sell to the highest bidder. We were not allowed to the table,” Beck said.

Beck said his company received a phone call saying Current would not be sold to him just 15 minutes after inquiring about the purchase. Beck noted he was not involved in the negotiations personally.

"‘Yeah, no,” the Current representative said, according to Beck. “‘Not even interested. We, our legacy, is too important and there would quite frankly be too many people, too many friends, that the vice president would have to explain why he was selling to Glenn Beck. Our legacy is too important — we’re not going to, no. No.’"

"Not surprised. Not surprised. Not a shock. I mean, I wouldn’t sell to Al Gore," Beck added.

"[Gore] looked for, who do I ideologically align with? The vice president of the United States of America tells you he is more ideologically aligned with Al-Jazeera than an American broadcaster who believes in America — just doesn’t believe in what he does — believes that America is a good place, that America has a bright future ahead of us if we just do the right thing,” Beck said on his show.

“We had lots of laughs,” he said. “But in the end we decided we would have to go give up too much control to somebody if we had to borrow that kind of money. And we were not going to do that."

"I am proud to say that Al Gore finds my principles reprehensible but aligns his principles with Al-Jazeera,” Beck added.

[/QUOTE]

Please reread.  Where did you get it?  If you were just delivering it, it's one ragged, convoluted piece of reporting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Coincidentally or not, I believe my principles would align more with the journalists at Al-Jazeera than with the snake oil salespeople at TheBlaze.

And The Beck said himself, "I wouldn't sell to Al Gore."

Cable news might have just got interesting....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Please reread.  Where did you get it?  If you were just delivering it, it's one ragged, convoluted piece of reporting.

[/QUOTE]

word for word from

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2013/01/glenn-beck-tried-to-buy-current-tv-153232.html?hp=l12