Global warming COULD SHRINK THE HUMAN RACE!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Global warming COULD SHRINK THE HUMAN RACE!

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02/24/high_temps_shrink_mammals/

Modern mammals, including humans, could be at risk of shrinking as a result of global warming, just as teeny prehistoric horses shrank to an even smaller size when temperatures rose 56 million years ago.

Early horses were already quite tiny to begin with in comparison to modern beasts, which have been helped along by people breeding them for size, speed and strength.

However, during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM), when temperatures on the planet rose by around 10 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit (about 5.5 to 11 degrees Centigrade) over 175,000 years, they dwindled to about the size of a cat, according to a study published in journal Science.

Hey wait, didn't those massive land roaming dinosaurs live in an extremely hot environment? Seriously, can we please at least get some consistency in our scientific fables?

On the other hand it is starting to appear that all of this warming is shrinking the size of the human brain.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Re: Global warming COULD SHRINK THE HUMAN RACE!

People, especially in this country, could benefit from a bit of shrinking. Gawd we're such a disgusting looking country with the amount of obese people we have. A little self-respect goes a long way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In Response to Re: Global warming COULD SHRINK THE HUMAN RACE!:
    [QUOTE]People, especially in this country, could benefit from a bit of shrinking. Gawd we're such a disgusting looking country with the amount of obese people we have. A little self-respect goes a long way.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

Touché!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

"all of this warming is shrinking the size of the human brain."
    Not  just the brain, though...
    Many weenie liberals suffer from the type of "shrinkage" that George Costanza dealt with on Seinfeld.
    Instead of saying they just came out of the swimming pool , now it can be "global warming".

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from altonjones. Show altonjones's posts

In Response to Global warming COULD SHRINK THE HUMAN RACE!:
    [QUOTE]http://www.theregister.co.uk/2012/02/24/high_temps_shrink_mammals/ Modern mammals, including humans, could be at risk of shrinking as a result of global warming, just as teeny prehistoric horses shrank to an even smaller size when temperatures rose 56 million years ago. Early horses were already quite tiny to begin with in comparison to modern beasts, which have been helped along by people breeding them for size, speed and strength. However, during the Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum (PETM), when temperatures on the planet rose by around 10 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit (about 5.5 to 11 degrees Centigrade) over 175,000 years, they dwindled to about the size of a cat, according to a study published in journal Science. Hey wait, didn't those massive land roaming dinosaurs live in an extremely hot environment? Seriously, can we please at least get some consistency in our scientific fables? On the other hand it is starting to appear that all of this warming is shrinking the size of the human brain.        
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE

Not to mention the effects of swimming pools on men.....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]1. When dinosaurs were at their largest, oxygen levels were at their highest. It is reasonably theorized that higher oxygen levels allowed their size. 2. The effect of warmer temperatures on mammals differs from cold-blooded creatures, in that the warm-blooded creatures have a harder time staying cool. So the ones that stay cool better tend to stay alive longer, say, by sweating more efficiently or happening to be the runt of the brood. Of course, being large also meant muscle use generated more absolute heat. Who knows how many factors explained it? Still, I suppose it's reasonable to speculate that the size of dinosaurs had a single cause, and then spin it to support denierism. I don't think you intended to prove the point by way of demonstration....
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, so where does the free oxygen in the atmosphere come from? Oh right, plants. And where do plants get their oxygen from? Oh right, CO2. So, logically (and I feel like Sir Bedevere here) putting more CO2 in the air would cause plants (or as Obama would say, plant-like substances) to generate even more quantities of oxygen thus causing animal life (like cows, witches, and french knights) to enbiggen.

She's a witch! Burn her!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Well why aren't you contributing your brilliant ideas to the discourse in scientific journals?

They've not reached the appropriate comprehension level to appreciate someone of my intellect. I'd have thought that was obvious.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from altonjones. Show altonjones's posts

I't n Response to Re: Global warming COULD SHRINK THE HUMAN RACE!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Global warming COULD SHRINK THE HUMAN RACE! : Hmmm, so where does the free oxygen in the atmosphere come from? Oh right, plants. And where do plants get their oxygen from? Oh right, CO2. So, logically (and I feel like Sir Bedevere here) putting more CO2 in the air would cause plants (or as Obama would say, plant-like substances) to generate even more quantities of oxygen thus causing animal life (like cows, witches, and french knights) to enbiggen. She's a witch! Burn her!
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

Ain't science a b!tch, did you send this to our friends at the Global Warming Symposium?

they would probably dismiss it as "evil-GOP-trickery"......

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In response to "Re: Global warming COULD SHRINK THE HUMAN RACE!": [QUOTE] Did someone seriously report my post?  Must have because it vanished. Quite silly. Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE] Weird. It didn't offend me in any way although to be honest that's probably not the easiest thing to do.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Possible chance of snow on thursday, a flurry and rain.

Total snow in New England this year= seven inches.

no problem here....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from altonjones. Show altonjones's posts

[QUOTE]Possible chance of snow on thursday, a flurry and rain. Total snow in New England this year= seven inches. no problem here....
    Posted by BilltheKat[/QUOTE]

All this time I thought you were really stupid, now I'm convinced.

Check please......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]Possible chance of snow on thursday, a flurry and rain. Total snow in New England this year= seven inches. no problem here....

We got lucky this year. I feel bad for those people in eastern europe who are freezing their turnips off this winter. It's really bad over there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

It's a problem for areas/businesses that rely on snow. But as long as you're happy that's all that matters. So un-Eagle Scout of you...for shame...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Global warming COULD SHRINK THE HUMAN RACE! : It's a problem for areas/businesses that rely on snow. Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

True.  The ski hills, for one.

However, it's been much better for the contractors, which have been able to work nearly all winter...

...not to mention city and state budgets.

Most plow drivers I know only do so during the winter because they have to, when other trades are restricted by weather.  Not so this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Global warming COULD SHRINK THE HUMAN RACE! : True.  The ski hills, for one. However, it's been much better for the contractors, which have been able to work nearly all winter... ...not to mention city and state budgets. Most plow drivers I know only do so during the winter because they have to, when other trades are restricted by weather.  Not so this year.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

And the businesses around the ski areas, like rental shope, tours, restaurants, hotels, shall I go on???
    Funny, my dad was a contractor for his side business and he never had trouble working all winter in the past. He must have been amazing as he was never restricted by weather.