Gomez / Markey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Re: Gomez / Markey

Let's see another Massachusetts election, gee I wonder if the Democrat or the Republican will win? No need for deep thought or discussion on this, surprised it's even a topic!  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I can't stand Markey..I really can't. However..it's difficult to take Gomez seriously for some of the criticisms he directs towards Markey. For example..now Gomez is criticizing Markey and accusing him of trying to win the election through the big names coming into the state to campaign for him.

I guess Gomez doesn't consider the people who came to campaign for him...such as McCain and Guliani ...to be big names.

I wish politicians would just stick to the issues. Making it personal almost always backfires.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

I can't stand Markey..I really can't. However..it's difficult to take Gomez seriously for some of the criticisms he directs towards Markey. For example..now Gomez is criticizing Markey and accusing him of trying to win the election through the big names coming into the state to campaign for him.

I guess Gomez doesn't consider the people who came to campaign for him...such as McCain and Guliani ...to be big names.

I wish politicians would just stick to the issues. Making it personal almost always backfires.

Gulianni and McCain don't have the pulling power of FLOTUS, POTUS or Past POTUS.  The Dems are playing well though; everyone likes FLOTUS, POTUS was here just for the Minority vote because the rest of the elctorate us ticked with him and then they bring Bill in to smooth it all over.

But yes simple issues would be great.  On the left you have an ideologue and on the roght you find he's not right enough for the base so they're made again and going to sit out and by default let Markey win like Warren, too bad really.  Gomez could shake up the staus quo and that's what scares the krap out of the Dems. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Gomez, could very well be the receipient of Obama's misfortune.  

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama's approval rating dropped eight percentage points over the past month, to 45%, the president's lowest rating in more than a year and a half, according to a new national poll.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama's approval rating dropped eight percentage points over the past month, to 45%, the president's lowest rating in more than a year and a half, according to a new national poll.

Has nothing to do with Obama.   Gomez wasn't and isn't ready for prime time.   Markey wins by default, and that's not much to be proud of.    As Adrian Walker's article in the Globe today, puts it quite succinctly, in fact.    Here's an exerpt:

"Markey should not feel great about this race. Though he has shown more life lately, he has indeed come across as a tired Washington veteran. If he does win, he will almost certainly face tougher opposition next year, when he will have to run again. Bill Weld has wanted to be a senator for a long time. Brown must go to bed every night thinking, “I could have won this election.” Markey has some work to do.

But back to Gomez. He won’t go down as the first person to discover that running for office is just a bit harder than it looks from the outside.

Plainly, he was not prepared for the scrutiny that comes with being a candidate, or even the challenge of explaining what he thinks. Like many before him, he is learning that seeking office is one of the most reliably humbling experiences America has to offer."

I don't mind admitting I will sit this one out.   If Gomez takes it because of people like me, I can live with it.  I'd feel like a hypocrite voting, and therefore, refuse.   A year from now we are subjected to this nonsense again.  Maybe I (and many others) will have more enthusiasm, but for now?   Wake me up when it's over.   :)

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to yogafriend's comment:

[QUOTE]

Has nothing to do with Obama.   Gomez wasn't and isn't ready for prime time.   Markey wins by default, and that's not much to be proud of.    As Adrian Walker's article in the Globe today, puts it quite succinctly, in fact.    Here's an exerpt:

"Markey should not feel great about this race. Though he has shown more life lately, he has indeed come across as a tired Washington veteran. If he does win, he will almost certainly face tougher opposition next year, when he will have to run again. Bill Weld has wanted to be a senator for a long time. Brown must go to bed every night thinking, “I could have won this election.” Markey has some work to do.

But back to Gomez. He won’t go down as the first person to discover that running for office is just a bit harder than it looks from the outside.

Plainly, he was not prepared for the scrutiny that comes with being a candidate, or even the challenge of explaining what he thinks. Like many before him, he is learning that seeking office is one of the most reliably humbling experiences America has to offer."

I don't mind admitting I will sit this one out.   If Gomez takes it because of people like me, I can live with it.  I'd feel like a hypocrite voting, and therefore, refuse.   A year from now we are subjected to this nonsense again.  Maybe I (and many others) will have more enthusiasm, but for now?   Wake me up when it's over.   :)

[/QUOTE]

Being asleep is no way to go through life  ......... 3:)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   :)  

Well, don't worry, it's not my usual "pose" in life.   But if you're going to sleep through an election, this is a good time to do it.   

The "corpse pose" (Shavasana for the initiated ...:)  )  is the pose everyone loves and one of the most important at the end of a yoga session.   It is when you lie on your back and completely relax your body, refreshing your body, mind and spirit.   Some people actually fall asleep -- very funny to see when it happens occasionally.  

So maybe I will  take "Shavasana" that day -- and you can join me if you like.   All are welcome.   A great alternative to going to the polls.   :)   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.   :)  

Well, don't worry, it's not my usual "pose" in life.   But if you're going to sleep through an election, this is a good time to do it.   

The "corpse pose" (Shavasana for the initiated ...:)  )  is the pose everyone loves and one of the most important at the end of a yoga session.   It is when you lie on your back and completely relax your body, refreshing your body, mind and spirit.   Some people actually fall asleep -- very funny to see when it happens occasionally.  

So maybe I will  take "Shavasana" that day -- and you can join me if you like.   All are welcome.   A great alternative to going to the polls.   :)   

[/QUOTE]

I thought you meant that you would be asleep ...... I like to rejuvenate my body and mind before and after golf myself ....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

anyone who votes for Markey over Gomez has some sort of mental illness....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I can't imagine myself filling in the dot for either candidate at this point. Rarely have I been less enthused about an election. If I feel that way..I can only imagine how many others with similar views feel the same way. Neither candidate inspires me and I cringe every time one of their commercials comes on TV. They aren't even pretending to talk about the issues...it's mostly personal attacks.

No doubt the turnout will be very low. Disenchantment is part of it..voter fatigue is as well.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    The cross the aisle/make deals argument would be fine if the field was level.  It is not. Seems to me that every time a Republican crosses the aisle, it is to support something like Amnesty for illegals.  It is not compromise if the choice is which flavor of a progressive idea is being supported.  That's capitulation.

The skeeters of the country are the problem. They misdefine compromise as getting everything one wants while giving the person with whom one is supposedly compromising absolutely nothing of what they want.

[/QUOTE]

I understand your point, as wrong as it is.  People like me are not the problem, we are the solution.  We are the solution because we participate in the process, despite the IRS audits, despite the overly slanted press, despite our own government being turned against us.  We need to tell our government that they have lost their way, they do not know their place.  they are out of line.

You don't like true compromise.  you want not to compromise of what we do, only how we do it.  Do you think the proposed immigration bill is compromise?  How about the ACA?  These are examples of highly partisan issues where the conservatives, the true conservatives,and their ideas, are shut out.  No compromise, no bipartisanship.

We went through the entire two Bush terms with the Dems screaming about bipartisanship.  When they held the White House, Senate, and House, that scream stopped, replaced by a railroading of our healthcare system on a partisan basis.

So, who's the problem?  Certainly not people like me.  You might check the mirror.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I hope you don't sit it out.  I'm not happy wiht Gomez either.  But doing a solid for a wishy-washy republican is the thing to do in this situation.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

I hope you don't sit it out.  I'm not happy wiht Gomez either.  But doing a solid for a wishy-washy republican is the thing to do in this situation.

Hey, I appreciate your concern and egging me on to vote.  

I admit, the pressure is getting to me.   Phew.  :)   The suspense isn't there, however.   Is there any suspense with this interim election?   Isn't it a given that Markey will take it?   See, that's part of the problem, too.    Predictable outcome.  

Gomez does have cute kids, I'll admit that.   Laughing  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Gomez can't possibly be effective....he is the son of immigrants, served in the Navy as an officer and as a pilot then a Navy Seal, got an MBA from Harvard and runs a business that employees LOTs of people and pays 100% healthcare for it's employees.....I bet he's even a decent father and person....clearly a loser!!!!!

Compared to Markey who has been among the rats in Congress for 40 years and whose only job in the private sector was driving an ice cream truck....

Markey best suits the future of this country and the nation, what Gomez best represents is lost....it's a waste of time sending a guy like that to Washington.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

Gomez can't possibly be effective....he is the son of immigrants, served in the Navy as an officer and as a pilot then a Navy Seal, got an MBA from Harvard and runs a business that employees LOTs of people and pays 100% healthcare for it's employees.....I bet he's even a decent father and person....clearly a loser!!!!!

Compared to Markey who has been among the rats in Congress for 40 years and whose only job in the private sector was driving an ice cream truck....

Markey best suits the future of this country and the nation, what Gomez best represents is lost....it's a waste of time sending a guy like that to Washington.

what Gomez best represents is a guy who stiffed two people who did work for him an appraiser and a plumber ..... as a former Navy SEAL he must realize that in the military it is considered a dishonorable act for not paying one debts and it is such a violation of military conduct that it is covered by the UCMJ ..... btw what is the name of that business that he runs again ........ is it called exporting jobs to China ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Anyone watching the debate on channel 7? Yikes...I thought the commercials were bad..this is worse.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I would never...ever vote for someone just because of their party affiliation. That so many people do is sad. I only cast votes for candidates who I think will do a good job.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Anyone watching the debate on channel 7? Yikes...I thought the commercials were bad..this is worse.

I can't .... I watched the first one and that was like a SNL skit ......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I can't .... I watched the first one and that was like a SNL skit ......

Haha..I was thinking the same about this one. ..there's no getting around Markey's  Bahston accent..lol

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Watching.  2 bad options in this election.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Watching.  2 bad options in this election.  

Seriously...it's like a joke. Do you think Gomez actually told McCain he should 'be term-limited"? I actually believe Gomez probably said that to him.