Gomez vs Markey

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Gomez vs Markey

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

Hey "Colonel Clink" ( skeeter ) how many Purple Hearts have you received from all the wounds that have been inflicted on you on BDC ..... self inflicted wounds don't count .... btw get this straight it's Purple Heart capital P and a capital H

I asked first.  How many purple hearts did Obama get during his stint in Vietnam?

(I love it how I have burrowed so deep under your skin!  you are definitely rattled)

RATTLED  ...... you and 100 more like you couldn't rattled me ..... in my type of business you can't get rattled ... now if you said that I was disgusted that somebody would spell a Military Decoration like the Purple Heart without the proper capitalization than you would have been correct .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Hey "Colonel Clink" ( skeeter ) how many Purple Hearts have you received from all the wounds that have been inflicted on you on BDC ..... self inflicted wounds don't count .... btw get this straight it's Purple Heart capital P and a capital H

I asked first.  How many purple hearts did Obama get during his stint in Vietnam?

(I love it how I have burrowed so deep under your skin!  you are definitely rattled)

RATTLED  ...... you and 100 more like you couldn't rattled me ..... in my type of business you can't get rattled ... now if you said that I was disgusted that somebody would spell a Military Decoration like the Purple Heart without the proper capitalization than you would have been correct .

Improper capitalization bothers you, on a forum.  My, talk about being a little rattled and overly sensitive.

rEminD mE tO ALWays cAPITaLizE PrOpErLY.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Anyone else notice that Lizzie Warren and Markey have the same hair style?

Anyone notice that gomez is in the same line of business as romney ?

Yes, I noticed.  Can't say that will be an asset.  The left loes to crucify successful people.

So, here's a comparison worth kicking arouund:

Gomez is an establishment candidate with a business background.

Markey is a retired ice cream truck driver.

Tell me, who is more qualified?

Wow..that's quite an elitist attitude. Are you saying average people..blue collar workers..service people..etc. are not qualified to run for office? Gee....I never knew you were a snob :-)

I'm saying, and I don't think this is a stretch, I would rather have my senator be a Navy Seal than a dispenser of Sealtest ice cream.

..but why..? I wouldn't want to be judging people based on one aspect of their life. There are very few Navy Seals in the world. The qualities that make one a great Navy Seal don't necessarily translate into politics. Also..chances are that ice cream truck driver owns his truck..making him a small businessman. Are you saying small business owners are not qualified to run for office?

I still contend that is an elitist attitude..that one has to have certain elite credentials. I'm glad we live in a country where someone can go from scooping ice cream to being a Congressman ( or woman).

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

Unfortunately..I think the voters of MA have voter fatigue. This will be an advantage to Markey for sure. Markey wants Gomez to take a similar pledge to the one Brown and Warren agreed to...no outside money.

-------------------------

OK Ed, you've got 30 years of outside money in your coffer.  Give it back and we'll talk.  What a fing joke.

Haha Greg..that is pretty much what I thought when I heard that Markey was "taking the pledge". As much as I don't like the idea of outside money influencing the race..Gomez would be a fool to take this pledge.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

I think of this election in another way.

Do you vote for the career politician (who doesn't even live in this state) or do you vote for someone who lives in, works in, and is a part of his community?

I'd rather have the person that knows what's like to live here (they actually know what's going on here).

Besides, if we're going to have 2 senators, I'd rather have a balance of one each rather than all dem or rep.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Yes, I noticed.  Can't say that will be an asset.  The left loes to crucify successful people.

Wow..that's quite an elitist attitude. Are you saying average people..blue collar workers..service people..etc. are not qualified to run for office? Gee....I never knew you were a snob :-)

I'm saying, and I don't think this is a stretch, I would rather have my senator be a Navy Seal than a dispenser of Sealtest ice cream.

..but why..? I wouldn't want to be judging people based on one aspect of their life. There are very few Navy Seals in the world. The qualities that make one a great Navy Seal don't necessarily translate into politics. Also..chances are that ice cream truck driver owns his truck..making him a small businessman. Are you saying small business owners are not qualified to run for office?

I still contend that is an elitist attitude..that one has to have certain elite credentials. I'm glad we live in a country where someone can go from scooping ice cream to being a Congressman ( or woman).

I'm not judging based on one criteria, I was making a joke.  Maybe it was a bit clunky.  Let me try again:

i would rather vote for some one who was on a Seal-team than someone who handed out Seal-test.

get it?  Seal team/seal test? And ice cream brand?

i'm not a Gomez fan.  But, Markey? Come on.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yogafriend. Show yogafriend's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I'm looking forward to watching as the sliming of Mr. Gomez progresses. Should be amusing.

I think the left will paint him as a latino that talks like he's one of Romney's son's, and turned away from his heritage in order to become a callous successful person.

Actually, it started right on cue, yesterday.  :)

And you're not far off with your summary, in fact.   Nothing about turning away from his heritage (yet), but he's already being described as "immoral"  (I know you will appreciate that adjective) as it pertains to the route of his monetary / financial success.  

Actually, many interesting comments on the articles thus far in the Boston Globe.    Scott Lehigh wrote a very good column today, fair-minded, and to the point.  The point is, many people are intrigued by Gomez, mostly because they are not impressed with Markey.   Markey has a "D" next to his name, and that may be all he needs, but he's not winning because he's a name brand with a great reputation to anyone outside of his district.   Gomez has his work cut out for him, but some think it's his race to lose, believe it or not.  

Either way --- the term is up in 2014; the person who wins has the seat for less than 18 months.   Next election is November 2014.    Just think ... the guy who wins this election will have to campaign again in a year.   :D

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Markey is the poster child for term limits. Anyone who would vote for someone with decades of congressional service really ought to do some soul searching. It doesn't make Markey more qualified. It only ensures he is more corrupt.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Markey is the poster child for term limits. Anyone who would vote for someone with decades of congressional service really ought to do some soul searching. It doesn't make Markey more qualified. It only ensures he is more corrupt.

Markey hasn't lived in this state since the Lincoln administration.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

We have a Harvard professor that took in over half a million a year in income, lives in a multimillion dollar grouse, and a congressman living in Chevy chase in a multimillion dollar house, and hasn't drawn a private sector paycheck in over 35 years, living off te fat of the land in D.C., and you think I'm an elitist? That's a strange take.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I'm not judging based on one criteria, I was making a joke.  Maybe it was a bit clunky.  Let me try again:

i would rather vote for some one who was on a Seal-team than someone who handed out Seal-test.

get it?  Seal team/seal test? And ice cream brand?

i'm not a Gomez fan.  But, Markey? Come on.

Seal-test..Seal Team...lol. Wow I totally missed that one :-) My apologies Skeeter. That is pretty funny.

BTW..I am not exactly a Markey fan either.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

The only achievement more challenging and impressive than becoming a Navy Pilot who flies off of aircraft carriers is becoming a Navy SEAL.  Gomez has done both.

Markey doesn't even deserve to run against him, isn't worthy of sharing the same stage.

Markey has been a career politician since 1973....hardly a worthy accomplishment.

Easiest ballot EVER to cast.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

The only achievement more challenging and impressive than becoming a Navy Pilot who flies off of aircraft carriers is becoming a Navy SEAL.  Gomez has done both.

Markey doesn't even deserve to run against him, isn't worthy of sharing the same stage.

Markey has been a career politician since 1973....hardly a worthy accomplishment.

Easiest ballot EVER to cast.....

Wasn't Erik Prince a Navy Seal ......

btw isn't your boy an outsourcer of jobs ?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Interesting polls coming out on Channel 5 this morning. I don't imagine they make Markey too happy. The race overall is much closer than I bet he thought it would be...and Gomez leads among Independents. Judging from my own feelings about the race...I am not overly surprised.

Sections
Shortcuts