"Good" Christian mom disowns gay son. Better Christian grandfather disowns "good" Christian mom.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re:

Christian bashing, are we?

I saw nothing in the letter indicating the mother was a professed Christian ....

And if you claim Christian principles have any relation to the act of a mother "kicking out" her child, you are delusional.

Whoops, forgot, you are pretty much delusional, so you would believe that. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re:

If another religion had killed their son because they were gay this clown would not want to talk about it!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re:

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

I saw nothing in the letter indicating the mother was a professed Christian ....

And if you claim Christian principles have any relation to the act of a mother "kicking out" her child, you are delusional.

CLC,

Not for nothing, CLC, but is it considered "Christian" to call somebody else "delusional"?

Just asking...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re:

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

This man may deserve to win "Grandfather Of The Year."

Grandfather Writes Letter To His Daughter After She Kicks Out His Gay Grandson

In this incredible letter, a grandfather passionately addresses his daughter's decision to kick her gay son out of the house after he decided to come out of the closet. Though we don't have the full details surrounding the incident, the grandfather tells his daughter that "kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real 'abomination' here. A parent disowning her child is what goes 'against nature.'"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/grandpa-letter-gay-grandson_n_4029750.html

ACC,

Whether or not this mother is a Christian, this grandfather is up for hypocrite of the year when you read the article that does contain his letter to his daughter.

" So while we are in the business of disowning children, I think I'll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gay {sic] put it) grandson to raise..."

The above passage is a direct quote from the grandfather's letter to his daughter.

That is right. He admonishes her that it is against nature to disown a child and then turns around and explicitly disowns her...his child.

No, this is not Christian bashing. This is pointing out hypocricy at its highest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re:

In response to andiejen's comment:

CLC,

Not for nothing, CLC, but is it considered "Christian" to call somebody else "delusional"?

Just asking...

It is OK when it is true...which it is...
    How stupid of me to  read this on "HuffPost" and not immediately doubt its veracity.

The HuffPost posted this, unverified. It was originally posted at a gay advocacy site...

It fits their agenda like a glove, and I am guessing it is a fraud.

Progressives want to highlight their victimhood, whether it is the truth or not.

Who writes letters these days?  Would a grandfather attack his daughter for "disowning" her gay son, and then disown her? Really?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Re:

It fits their agenda like a glove, and I am guessing it is a fraud.

You post anything from anywhere. The only time you sounded credible was vs. Grimfandago, truther extraordinaire

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In this incredible letter, a grandfather passionately addresses his daughter's decision to kick her gay son out of the house after he decided to come out of the closet. Though we don't have the full details surrounding the incident, the grandfather tells his daughter that "kicking Chad out of your home simply because he told you he was gay is the real 'abomination' here. A parent disowning her child is what goes 'against nature.'"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/02/grandpa-letter-gay-grandson_n_4029750.html

ACC,

Whether or not this mother is a Christian, this grandfather is up for hypocrite of the year when you read the article that does contain his letter to his daughter.

" So while we are in the business of disowning children, I think I'll take this moment to say goodbye to you. I now have a fabulous (as the gay {sic] put it) grandson to raise..."

The above passage is a direct quote from the grandfather's letter to his daughter.

That is right. He admonishes her that it is against nature to disown a child and then turns around and explicitly disowns her...his child.

No, this is not Christian bashing. This is pointing out hypocricy at its highest.

[/QUOTE]

If you read the article and letter in context it would appear that the child is not old enough to live on his own and that he has moved in w/ the grandfather.

It's one thing to 'disown' an adult, quite another to kick a child out of the house.

That's not hypocrisy, that is teaching a lesson to an adult mother who is obviously a bigot and is willing to cast out a child for something that is beyond that child's control.

[/QUOTE]

CLC,

I do believe one's sexual orientation is beyond one's control...as phrased in the grandfather's letter.

However I do have compassion for the mother. As has been posted, we do not know all the facts surrounding this incident.

What I do know is that when children, of all ages come out, some parents are more equipped todeal with the revelation than others. In other words, this mother right now may also be beyond her ability to cope. In that case her son is far better off with his grandfather right now.

But that does not excuse the grandfather for his actions in disowning his daughter IMO. This woman, a short while ago had a son and a father. Now she has neither. 

I believe this family needs to work together , at its own speed, to heal, and to come back together if at all possible.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re:

ACC,

If you read the article and letter in context it would appear that the child is not old enough to live on his own and that he has moved in w/ the grandfather.

It's one thing to 'disown' an adult, quite another to kick a child out of the house.

That's not hypocrisy, that is teaching a lesson to an adult mother who is obviously a bigot and is willing to cast out a child for something that is beyond that child's control.

CLC,

I do believe one's sexual orientation is beyond one's control...as phrased in the grandfather's letter.

However I do have compassion for the mother. As has been posted, we do not know all the facts surrounding this incident.

What I do know is that when children, of all ages come out, some parents are more equipped todeal with the revelation than others. In other words, this mother right now may also be beyond her ability to cope. In that case her son is far better off with his grandfather right now.

But that does not excuse the grandfather for his actions in disowning his daughter IMO. This woman, a short while ago had a son and a father. Now she has neither. 

I believe this family needs to work together , at its own speed, to heal, and to come back together if at all possible.

Not to worry, this letter is a fake.

The same gay advocacy site has other unverified "handwritten" letters, supposedly "sent" to them by parties unknown, similarly drafted like a manifesto to fit their point of view like a glove...and conveniently placed next to ads for their tshirts and clothing line.....  

Who knew? Apparently gay people don't use email, they all draft handwritten letters !

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re:

[QUOTE]

CLC,

Just asking...

[/QUOTE]

Not sure being "Christian" means you can do anything "bad" at all. Since when are Christians supposed to be perfect people? Hell, I've never heard anyone I know who is Christian say they are perfect and without flaws. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re:

With the main event going on in DC and the President's leadership coming under question, this type of post in fire fighting language would be called a backfire.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Re:

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

With the main event going on in DC and the President's leadership coming under question, this type of post in fire fighting language would be called a backfire.

...the man who really counts in the world is the doer,...  TR 1891

mmj,

Not really, IMO.

No matter how important what is going on in D.C. right now...and believe me I am as focused on Obamacare as most any poster...people cannot and should not ignore everything else that is going on in the the world.

I believe most posters have the attention span to stretch to absorb a few more issues and to post on them if they are so inclined.

Sections
Shortcuts