Good Lord: Stop shooting yourselves in the foot with abortion

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Good Lord: Stop shooting yourselves in the foot with abortion

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-planned-parenthood-official-argues-right-post-birth-abortion_712198.html

"Roe said viability. Leave it alone."

Planned Parenthood Official Argues for Right to Post-Birth Abortion

Florida legislators considering a bill to require abortionists to provide medical care to an infant who survives an abortion were shocked during a committee hearing this week when a Planned Parenthood official endorsed a right to post-birth abortion.

Alisa LaPolt Snow, the lobbyist representing the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, testified that her organization believes the decision to kill an infant who survives a failed abortion should be left up to the woman seeking an abortion and her abortion doctor.

"So, um, it is just really hard for me to even ask you this question because I’m almost in disbelief," said Rep. Jim Boyd. "If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?”

"We believe that any decision that's made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician," said Planned Parenthood lobbyist Snow.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/video-planned-parenthood-official-argues-right-post-birth-abortion_712198.html

Florida legislators considering a bill to require abortionists to provide medical care to an infant who survives an abortion were shocked during a committee hearing this week when a Planned Parenthood official endorsed a right to post-birth abortion.

Alisa LaPolt Snow, the lobbyist representing the Florida Alliance of Planned Parenthood Affiliates, testified that her organization believes the decision to kill an infant who survives a failed abortion should be left up to the woman seeking an abortion and her abortion doctor.

"So, um, it is just really hard for me to even ask you this question because I’m almost in disbelief," said Rep. Jim Boyd. "If a baby is born on a table as a result of a botched abortion, what would Planned Parenthood want to have happen to that child that is struggling for life?”

"We believe that any decision that's made should be left up to the woman, her family, and the physician," said Planned Parenthood lobbyist Snow.

So, where does Planned Parenthood draw the line?  26 years of age?  After that, you are free and clear of being aborted?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

So, where does Planned Parenthood draw the line?  26 years of age?  After that, you are free and clear of being aborted?

Well..most people don't believe in late term abortion anyhow..myself included so the example is mostly hyperbole. Isn't there a federal ban on late term ( also known as partial birth) abortion? Abortions done prior to the age of viability don't result in the type of scenario Rep. Boyd is suggesting.

In any event...the number of abortions being performed are at their lowest levels ever..so methinks that this issue will continue to be a non starter for the GOP at a national level and will continue to keep them out of the White House. 

Most people..including those at organizations like Planned Parenthood believe that abortion should be safe, legal and rare.  I still find it quite ironic that the some wingnuts on the right want get rid of abortion..and at the same time limit contraception. It just doesn't make sense.

This is a case where preventative medicine ( contraception) has significantly reduced the need for treatment ( abortion). Why some on the right still don't embrace this is beyond me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Well..most people don't believe in late term abortion anyhow..myself included so the example is mostly hyperbole. Isn't there a federal ban on late term ( also known as partial birth) abortion? Abortions done prior to the age of viability don't result in the type of scenario Rep. Boyd is suggesting.

In any event...the number of abortions being performed are at their lowest levels ever..so methinks that this issue will continue to be a non starter for the GOP at a national level and will continue to keep them out of the White House. 

Most people..including those at organizations like Planned Parenthood believe that abortion should be safe, legal and rare.  I still find it quite ironic that the some wingnuts on the right want get rid of abortion..and at the same time limit contraception. It just doesn't make sense.

This is a case where preventative medicine ( contraception) has significantly reduced the need for treatment ( abortion). Why some on the right still don't embrace this is beyond me.

Well, I don't beleive Planned Parenthood would want abortions to be rare.  their revenue stream would dry up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Congratulations, you have demonstrated that one can usually find one crazy position on either side of an issue.

That someone might advocate such a position does not mitigate or really relate in any logical fashion to the problem with social conservatives passing bills they know in advance violate Roe.

Well, no.  This planned Parenthood stance is crazy.  The anti abortion stance that life begins at conception is science.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Congratulations, you have demonstrated that one can usually find one crazy position on either side of an issue.

That someone might advocate such a position does not mitigate or really relate in any logical fashion to the problem with social conservatives passing bills they know in advance violate Roe.

Well, no.  this Planned Parenthood person is advocating murder.  The baby has been born, and is now under the protection of the state.  At the other end of the spectrum, that life begins at conception, is settled science.

Hardly equivalent.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Well, no.  this Planned Parenthood person is advocating murder.  The baby has been born, and is now under the protection of the state.  At the other end of the spectrum, that life begins at conception, is settled science.

Hardly equivalent.

Actually..if you listen to the clip..she is not advocating murder. She seems like a moron if you ask me. Especially since she was baited with a question that is completely unrelated to the language in the bill she was advocating against. A better answer would have been for her not to take the bait and to respond that the hypothetical the rep brought up is not relevent to the issue on language.

No physician in their right mind is going to allow a live baby to die and no woman has the right to make such a request if a baby is alive. There are already laws on the books regarding this. The possiblity of this type of situation is one of the main reasons partial birth abortion was rightfully banned.

Roe rightfully addresses viability. There is no way this situation could possibly happen before the age of viability.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Well, I don't beleive Planned Parenthood would want abortions to be rare.  their revenue stream would dry up.

Well..of course they do.  What you are suggesting is akin to suggesting that healthcare providers don't actually want their patients to stay healthy because there's no money in it. Surely you don't believe that?

Abortions account for slightly less then 3 percent of Planned Parenthood's budget. I doubt this is a money maker for them. In fact, I doubt they make much profit on any of the health care services they provide.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"No physician in their right mind is going to allow a live baby to die and no woman has the right to make such a request if a baby is alive. There are already laws on the books regarding this. The possiblity of this type of situation is one of the main reasons partial birth abortion was rightfully banned."

Keep deluding yourself. It happened on a large scale,  because abortion zealots wouldnt allow licensing and regulation of abortion clinics, because liberals insisted it would "impinge on woman's right to choose"....
    Read it and weep.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/business/legal/murder-trial-under-way-for-philadelphia-abortion-doctor-kermit-gosnell-680785/

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Hardly equivalent.

Actually..if you listen to the clip..she is not advocating murder. She seems like a moron if you ask me. Especially since she was baited with a question that is completely unrelated to the language in the bill she was advocating against. A better answer would have been for her not to take the bait and to respond that the hypothetical the rep brought up is not relevent to the issue on language.

No physician in their right mind is going to allow a live baby to die and no woman has the right to make such a request if a baby is alive. There are already laws on the books regarding this. The possiblity of this type of situation is one of the main reasons partial birth abortion was rightfully banned.

Roe rightfully addresses viability. There is no way this situation could possibly happen before the age of viability.

"No physician in their right mind is going to allow a live baby to die and no woman has the right to make such a request if a baby is alive."

Happens all the time.  From Jill Stanek, a nurse:

" Last year alone, of the 16 babies that Christ Hospital states were aborted, I am aware of four who were born alive. Each of these babies – two boys and two girls – lived between 1-1/2 and 3 hours. At Christ Hospital one of these babies once lived for almost an entire eight-hour shift. At least two of the second-trimester babies who were aborted last year at Christ Hospital were completely healthy."

http://www.mercatornet.com/sheila_liaugminas/view/11588

I tell you this not to tell you you are wrong, but to open your eyes (hopefully) to the atrocities committed in the name of this sacred right that women seem to think they have.  That we live in a supposedly progressive society where this happens should cause everyone deep concern.  As a society, we are headed down a very bad path.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Well..of course they do.  What you are suggesting is akin to suggesting that healthcare providers don't actually want their patients to stay healthy because there's no money in it. Surely you don't believe that?

Abortions account for slightly less then 3 percent of Planned Parenthood's budget. I doubt this is a money maker for them. In fact, I doubt they make much profit on any of the health care services they provide.

Planned Parenthood depends on abortions.  It is their reason for being.  Lookat it this way:

334,000 abortions

30,000 prenatal services

2,300 adoption referrals

You tell me where they are making their money.  It isn't birthing babies and putting them up for adoption or keeping mothers healthy.

The 3% number has been debunked a thousand times.  Here are some numbers to consider that put that myth to bed:

PP Budget:   1billion.  3% spent on abortions.  334,000 abortions per year:  $90 per abortion.

$90 for an abortion?  I can't get a bandaid at a clinic for that.

As far as profit:

" Last year, like many before it, Planned Parenthood saw a very comfortable income, reporting excess revenues exceeding $87 million and net assets of more than $1.2 billion."

That's some "excess revenue", what a for-profit would call profit.  BTW, why aren't the ususal progressives upset about Planned Parenthood making such obcene profits providing health care?

Sections
Shortcuts